Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Belts/Gorgets
Belts/Gorgets
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-02 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the belts and gorgets always the best equipment for AF, VS and SS? I ask because I use the two piece of equipment below for Ascetic's Fury, because I don't have VS yet. Since the Mods are: STR:50% and VIT 50%. Wouldn't it be better to use these instead of the light belt/gorget? I would be losing 12 STR and 5 VIT from mods for the other stuff. Now I don't understand how the gorgets and belts work 100%.

Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-02 10:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this is my WS set for AC alone for a better understanding.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-02-02 11:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ascetic's Fury has a very low fTP, making an elemental belt best for it. It's also critical based, making Rancor Collar (or maybe Nefarious if using Rancor Cape, not sure how that compares to Rancor/Atheling for Ascetic's) best for the neck.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-02 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not yet. I just started syngery last week. Got it to 19 atm. Idk yet how to get an augment on them.

Farming Aura Pot in sky atm for the skill up earring. Using the Light belt I'm seeing a difference in damage then normal.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2012-02-02 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Put a Byakko Scrap and your Haidate into the furnace. Since it's synergy someone else in your PT with higher skill can do the rest, you only have to END it.

You can keep trying as long as you have Scraps, you are given a choice to keep the old Augment if you dont like the new.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-02 21:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok. Thanks that make sense to me.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-13 05:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Ascetic's Fury has a very low fTP, making an elemental belt best for it. It's also critical based, making Rancor Collar (or maybe Nefarious if using Rancor Cape, not sure how that compares to Rancor/Atheling for Ascetic's) best for the neck.
I just notice you said "Atheling" Why would I used that on a one hit WS? I Used Vigiliance Mantle+1 to play into its Mod.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-13 06:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It can still Double Attack, and MNK can always use some extra attack and 3 more DA. (However, I am wondering if a Light gorget/Rancor mantle/Windbuffet belt combo could be a further improvement as it has been demonstrated for WSs like Ukko's)

One small addition to Augmenting through synergy. You can also interrupt the synth and save the scrap should the one making it realize the alignments won't be good. You just have to walk out of range and the synth will be interrupted.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-02-13 06:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ascetic's fury is still 2 hits counting offhand.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-13 06:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Ascetic's Fury's recently discovered attack multiplier (2x, a la Gekko or True Strike or Viper Bite), the Attack on Atheling may be somewhat/entirely wasted. He is may be right that Vigilance +1 is better.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-13 06:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If it has such a relevant boost then yea, the attack wouldn't be as effective.

How about a Light gorget/Rancor mantle/Windbuffet belt combo instead?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-13 06:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds like the best option to me, but I'm no Monk!
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-13 13:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Considering Ascetic's Fury's recently discovered attack multiplier (2x, a la Gekko or True Strike or Viper Bite), the Attack on Atheling may be somewhat/entirely wasted. He is may be right that Vigilance +1 is better.

How does it become wasted because its too much attack?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-13 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack has largely diminished returns if you reach the cap, which is double the mob's defense.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-02-13 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
How does it become wasted because its too much attack?

More precisely, once you hit the attack cap, additional attack does nothing for you. With a 2x attack boost, as long as your attack is at least as high as the mob's defense, you don't need any more.

If you're using food, this is pretty much always the case (unless the mob gets a massive defense boost move, like crabs' Scissor Guard). Even without food, it's probably still the case (you should be able to hit ~520 att with just str in ws build, which is pretty close to the defense of even high-level Voidwatch NMs).

As such, pretty much the only stats worth building for on Ascetic's Fury is crit rate, crit damage, and WSC mods (and maybe some acc).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-13 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Attack has largely diminished zero returns if you reach the cap, which is double the mob's defense.
Fixed.

Unless the mob has ridiculous defense (see Motenten's Scissor Guard example) or you're working with very low base attack (no attack buffs, probably debuffed), you can pretty safely disregard attack for Ascetic's Fury.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-13 18:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok now with attack out of the way. Its a matter of STR+5 is better then Double Attack+2%?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-04-03 21:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What neck/back/waist pieces are best right now for VS? Reasons would be nice.

I'm currently using: Rancor Collar, Atheling Mantle and Prosilio belt.

I've been told to use Rancor mantle, Prosilio Belt and Justiciar's Torque.

The Nefarious Collar or light gorget(which I thought were not good for VS).

A friends is telling me to not buy the Rancor mantle, because the losing the 3%DA is not worth it.

Just over all confuse.
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-04-04 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Question: with this discovery, would this bring Ascetic's closer to Shijin? I'm horrible with math, but this would alter some gearsets for the weaponskill, yes? If so, does it compete with Shijin outside abyssea now? I ask because I dropped my Ascetic's set when I 5/5'd Shijin. Apologies if it's a dumb question, but curious if this means I could drop Shijin for another merit WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-04 15:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
What neck/back/waist pieces are best right now for VS? Reasons would be nice.

I'm currently using: Rancor Collar, Atheling Mantle and Prosilio belt.

I've been told to use Rancor mantle, Prosilio Belt and Justiciar's Torque.

The Nefarious Collar or light gorget(which I thought were not good for VS).

A friends is telling me to not buy the Rancor mantle, because the losing the 3%DA is not worth it.

Just over all confuse.
Attack uncapped: Rancorous Mantle/Justiciar's Torque/Prosilio Belt
Attack capped: Rancorous Mantle/Nefarious Collar or Gorget/Bier Belt+1

Accuracy: Rancor Collar/Dauntless Mantle/Anguinus Belt.

People saying gorget is bad is before rancorous mantle came out, gorget is close to nefarious with capped attack.

Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »
Question: with this discovery, would this bring Ascetic's closer to Shijin? I'm horrible with math, but this would alter some gearsets for the weaponskill, yes? If so, does it compete with Shijin outside abyssea now? I ask because I dropped my Ascetic's set when I 5/5'd Shijin. Apologies if it's a dumb question, but curious if this means I could drop Shijin for another merit WS.
Nothing really changes for Ascetic's Fury gearing. And no, it probably won't be close to shijin averages.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-04-04 16:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya probably just overlooked it, but I would use the new Wanion Belt over Bier when attacked cap. I always hated -dex on crit WS, same reason I'd use Myrmex > Haefoc.

As far as Fury goes, if for some reason your attack is retardedly low, it may fair pretty well against Shijan. It's not gonna be a groundbreaking WS though most likely unless you have Glanfaust.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-04 16:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use wanion as well, but those aren't as easy as a 200K AH belt, and last i heard wanion came from a provenence fight. Myrmex also has attack and accuracy going for it, not just more dex, too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-04-04 17:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they both come from the same fight though at least, and it's an easy one.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-04 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one is it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-04-04 17:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seductive, but all the fights are pretty much the same. 2 Caturae each, and each one gets nastier after 1 is killed. Killing them in a certain order makes em almost a joke. Like in Maddening Radiance, killing Shaw makes Wazir start using a charmga move, kill Wazir 1st and it's simple. Can't remember the order for seductive, but it's the same idea. With 30min time limit you'd have to be in a pretty bad group to not win.