[dev1074] Job Adjustments: Scholar
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-25 03:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

• The required charges for the following abilities will be reduced from two to one:
    Altruism / Focalization / Tranquility / Equanimity

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-25 03:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the AF2+2 will make them free if you go 5/5? Could be kinda cool~!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-01-25 03:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Long overdue
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-25 04:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Long overdue

Atleast they did it :3
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-25 06:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Maybe the AF2+2 will make them free if you go 5/5? Could be kinda cool~!

Yah i was kinda wondering about this. If it isnt free strategems kinda makes the relic+2 20K-XP trial kinda useless.. Or least enhance potency or something...

But tbh magic acc on nukes and enfeebles... i dont see it as a huge improvement at this point in the game.
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2012-01-25 06:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only 20% chance of getting a free charge on the AF2+2a right?

Edit: Oh yeah but with 5/5 meritits 100%, wow could be realy cool to get one of this JA free all the time :)
By Latifah 2012-01-25 07:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

equanimity
By Syuveil 2012-01-25 21:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
But tbh magic acc on nukes and enfeebles... i dont see it as a huge improvement at this point in the game.

Screw the macc -50 (job ability) enmity cures and/or nukes ftw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-25 23:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I still feel like crap :\

Plus these "job adjustments" have no effort put into them at all so I figured I wouldn't either.

(I'm actually going to go back and change them when I feel good enough to update my RSS feed)
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2012-01-26 00:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Syuveil said: »
Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

Screw the macc -50 (job ability) enmity cures and/or nukes ftw.

what do u mean job ability -enmity? the stratagems do not stack with the spell if that is what you are trying to point out?
By Syuveil 2012-01-26 01:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said: »
what do u mean job ability -enmity? the stratagems do not stack with the spell if that is what you are trying to point out?

I mean -enmity from this stratgem won't stack with -50 enmity from gear to make -100 enmity. -Enmity from job abilities are multiplied with -enmity from gear.

Link Here
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2012-01-26 02:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean -enmity from this stratgem won't stack with -50 enmity from gear to make -100 enmity. -Enmity from job abilities are multiplied with -enmity from gear.

Link Here

Very interesting, sort of devalues all(or at least most) of the reactions i have been seeing about this change. Everyone been saying -100 enmity as in additive(hate free?).

Is it safe to assume Pax is considered ability -enmity then?

seems somewhat useless still in either case, i mean only place it seems useful is for cure bombing, but in said cases the JA delay seems more dangerous then anything.

The macc one might be useful if free, but like someone mentioned, where has magic acc been an issue lately?
also does focalization stack with klimaform? (since pax didnt stack with the stratagem when i tried it figuer it is worth asking)

...in either case totally overdue but still seems like they could use some reworking on these merits.
By Syuveil 2012-01-26 08:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Link Here

Very interesting, sort of devalues all(or at least most) of the reactions i have been seeing about this change. Everyone been saying -100 enmity as in additive(hate free?).

seems somewhat useless still in either case, i mean only place it seems useful is for cure bombing, but in said cases the JA delay seems more dangerous then anything.

The macc one might be useful if free, but like someone mentioned, where has magic acc been an issue lately?
also does focalization stack with klimaform? (since pax didnt stack with the stratagem when i tried it figuer it is worth asking)

...in either case totally overdue but still seems like they could use some reworking on these merits.

I don't know if pax, (or tranquil heart) count towards ability enmity.

Klimaform does not stack with Focalization. Personally, I'd rather use Klimaform anyway for the Savant's Loafers +2 damage bonus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2012-01-26 10:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Link Here

I don't know if pax, (or tranquil heart) count towards ability enmity.

Klimaform does not stack with Focalization. Personally, I'd rather use Klimaform anyway for the Savant's Loafers +2 damage bonus.

man..doesnt stack with klimaform...so that is useless too(i asked cuz of af3 shoes), gdi lol probably not changing my sch merits anytime soon then unless im overlooking something
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Server: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-29 11:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Focalization does stack with Klimaform. It's just that if you use Focalization, then Klimaform, then it'll use up Focalization. So don't have Focalization up when you Klimaform or you'll just waste a stratagem.

Also, just tested +2 hands and head on the test server. Unfortunately, 5/5 won't give you free Foca/Altr/Tran/Equa. Not sure what it does yet.