New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Besaid » New to XIV
New to XIV
First Page 2
By esojazrag12 2012-01-24 16:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty new to this game and was wondering if there are any good ls's out there that can show me the ropes on this game.
By esojazrag12 2012-01-25 01:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my actual characters name.
[+]
 Siren.Ragearo
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ragearo
By Siren.Ragearo 2012-01-26 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nothing to contribute other than to say your name, sir, is awesome.
By esojazrag12 2012-01-26 20:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ty
By lordbirry 2012-01-27 20:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so pimpjuice is joining the ff14 world, is anyone else from the ppl you know joining on besaid also. just wondering is galki, poo, sabber or anyone else i may have played wiht back in the day are making the move. btw my name was trogue so its nice to see a gamer i used to play wiht again
By esojazrag12 2012-01-27 20:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sup homie lol. na its just me. everyone else is still playing 11
By lordbirry 2012-01-27 20:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) tanks and mages are always needed
2.) everytime new content comes out there is always a new flavor of that patch.
3. find a craft or two that can help u make decent money but also help you save to get better gear
4,) if there is no party going on do not just stand around, the leve system probly isnt used that much but they are fairly easy to get exp and some gil. and with the limit being 99 if you max it out you can be making fairly consistent exp.
5.) find a friendly socail ls that still has ppl trying to rank you jobs. i myself like having 1 ls but for a person fresh from the gate you may want atleast 2+ that way you can always find ppl to party with
6.) set a gil amount to hit and try to not drop under it because of the materia system
7.) once you get a rank 50 slowly work into getting materia into your gear because it can and will be a huge gil sink. once you start doing materia in your gear do single melds in all pieces. before you try double melds+ make sure to try it on another piece to trump the current single meld you have. that way if you fail the meld you atleast have the original piece wiht the single meld. i never try melds if i dont have a back up piece because i have burned well over 15 mill trying to make some nice pieces.
8.) this should probly be # 1 but in the start of the game its fairly rough getting started but always try to have fun, oh and always laugh ad the midlanders because there cna only be 1 true hyur ^^
By lordbirry 2012-01-27 20:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

darn i was hoping more would have came over. if your not to far into your current character i could help you out if you wanted to roll it over to wutai
By esojazrag12 2012-01-27 20:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the info. i am trying to find a social ls but it seems that everone is looking for a endgame elite player. im not that far into the game yet, just got lv 22 GLA
By lordbirry 2012-01-27 20:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

well like i said if you want i can easily help you out if you come to wutai. i got a fair bit of free time since i got all the battle classes to rank 50 and ive done the current content. starting from scratch i could easily get you to rank 30+ by end of the week end
[+]
By Jadi 2012-01-28 07:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpjuice Bismarck said: »
thanks for the info. i am trying to find a social ls but it seems that everone is looking for a endgame elite player. im not that far into the game yet, just got lv 22 GLA

Besaid whats going on guys? Help him get into the game.

Not every shell wants "elite" players or is exclusive, our method is to grow players and build friendships because when we do they are less likely to jump shell soon as they get their drop. I'm surprised this isn't done more often..

Pimpjuice, your more than welcome to hop servers to Fabul. True you'll have to restart but I'll have you higher than you are now in a few hours. :)
By esojazrag12 2012-01-28 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i think ill give besaid a try. but thanks for the offer. it assuring to know if it doesnt work out here i have somewhere to go :)
By Demoleon 2012-01-28 14:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

come to besaid and send me a tell: Demoleon Mhenlo
By Jadi 2012-01-28 14:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^

There you go man, have fun and good luck! The game isn't exactly friendly to new players much like XI was.
By Kyri 2012-01-30 15:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Demoleon ^^

Welcome to the server! *takes a minute to bash head on the keyboard after loosing a half hour of posting here and trying to remember all she wrote..*

Okay where was I um.. Right you picked a great server as long as you don't mind the occasional role playing here and there..(It is a MMORPG after all^.-) Ive played around in a few servers thus had to restart a few times. I recommend to all new player PICK UP A DoL!!

First thing I did on a server is buy a fishing pole, some spoon lures and work on getting 20+. Though I struggled for the first week the fishing makes me a little over mil in under two weeks to pay for gear and clothing.

Don't buy low level gear on the markets, there are a few very nice npc's that show up in the very middle of the markets in lower tailors, fieldcraft, tradescraft, battlecraft and spellcraft, or ones behind the desks of your adventure guild by the NPC who had you start the main quests.

Prices on the market are very overpriced, If you want something that is very costly, look up the materials and shout for someone who can make them. Many are very nice and willing to help you out, I usually award the kindness by offering shards or crystals for the crafts they use.

If you ever need any help please feel free to find me, I am usually always on as Ciara Snow, or Kyri Sagitta, I have pretty much all crafts in the levels that you would need them at, and more then willing to make you things, or lend a hand if you need it, just don't ask me to power level you, as im a firm believer on people knowing how to play the jobs they level ^,-

HELPFUL SITES FOR NEW PLAYERS:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html (for xiv news)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php (FFXIV forums)
http://www.mooglebox.com/ (items/recipes)
http://ffxiv.yg.com/ (items/recipes)
http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/ (Gathering)
http://ffxiv.zam.com/ (items/recipes/NPC/quests)
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/guide/materia03.html (List of materia and what to spirit bond to make it)
http://xivpads.com/ (I dunno.. people seem to use it alot now)

Long link to lead to food and what it does(might require log on to email)
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=writely&passive=1209600&continue=https://docs.google.com/viewer?a%3Dv%26pid%3Dexplorer%26chrome%3Dtrue%26srcid%3D1zK9e_wsHTMPMhQGYXA5qDkCEEXsb749VTTcMvPSEy9N6pMVT5mx3zTIIFS43%26hl%3Den%26authkey%3DCNDhlbAB&followup=https://docs.google.com/viewer?a%3Dv%26pid%3Dexplorer%26chrome%3Dtrue%26srcid%3D1zK9e_wsHTMPMhQGYXA5qDkCEEXsb749VTTcMvPSEy9N6pMVT5mx3zTIIFS43%26hl%3Den%26authkey%3DCNDhlbAB&hl=en

Hope it helps, enjoy!

P.S If you /tell me and I dont respond, yes I <3 u I didn't blist you, it's just I don't log off much and I afk to busy lifestyle a lot ^^: I will try to back scroll to see any missed messages. Take care!
[+]
By esojazrag12 2012-01-30 23:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow, thats alot of content lol, but helpful non-the less :)
By Kyri 2012-01-31 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yeaa lol but zam was my bible for a long time when i started :P
By esojazrag12 2012-02-01 22:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so far i like zam
By Crystainn 2012-02-03 12:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot Eorzepedia, Even though I think its down ATM. Check back later. Its a good site.
By Oumura 2012-02-03 15:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gamerescape seems to be down as a whole actually.
By Likeaboss 2012-02-09 12:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would save my money and wait for AF. It may trump most materia gear and will be free. Pretty sure that will be coming out at the end of the month. Also, I hear goldsmith will be a big money maker at 50 next patch w/ the new recipes. I don't craft but if you plan on it you might consider that. Good luck, the game is getting better and better.
By Kyri 2012-02-09 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also add FFXIVcore to that list cause I <3 Fusionex <333333
By lordbirry 2012-02-09 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

pimpjuice wiht the merge coming i figured id tell u which server my ls is picking. we going with world 7 on the list

Hope to see u on old friend
By rbloom 2012-02-09 15:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't renewed my membership yet (waiting on 1.21 to get closer), but when I do, if I see you around Besaid I'll invite you to my shell. It's mostly full of people who have every job at 50 and do endgame, but that's not really the purpose of it. It's just a fun social, but you have to be able to take a joke at your expense. We tease each other a lot, but it's all in good fun, nobody actually means any of it.

As a group, we do on occasion do some endgame stuff such as raids, NM's and primals, but we only do them for fun and/or achievements. All of us have actual endgame shells of our own. FBI was originally made for the cooler members of each big shell to meet up in and chat/share strategies, but its changed to be more of a casual social shell. It has a very black sense of humor, though. However, it's probably the best shell to be in if you're wanting help from really skilled players. There is an abundance of them and they are always really fuggin bored and willing to help since we've already done just about everything worth doing in the game.

So basically, tl;dr = if you can take a joke and like having people around who can answer any question, Female Body Inspectors is good for you.

I'm the leader, and I only have one rule... Don't be a ***, or a pussy. Don't be any sort of genitalia and you'll be golden.
By EstharFalcus 2012-02-09 17:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Likeaboss said: »
I would save my money and wait for AF. It may trump most materia gear and will be free. Pretty sure that will be coming out at the end of the month. Also, I hear goldsmith will be a big money maker at 50 next patch w/ the new recipes. I don't craft but if you plan on it you might consider that. Good luck, the game is getting better and better.
I hope so. GSM is my only craft at 50 and my gil has been slowly going down xD
By Kyri 2012-02-09 19:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Rl bloom, go look at lodestone, were loosing besaid!! ohnoesss itz ze end of ze world!!11one! D:
I am also hurt you would invite a new player to inspect bodies, hasn't anyone told you im BOSS at it?! to prove my point I felt you up while you were reading this and you totally didn't know.
By rbloom 2012-02-10 00:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Kyri, you can join but... Be warned. Every other RP'er who has been invited either left or got kicked cuz their panties are way too bunched up in their collective *** most of the time. I'm learning that my fellow Besaid RP'ers are incapable of taking jokes xD

Plus the conversations get pretty stereotypical for us manly men! You shouldn't join if you don't want to take a trip into the very frightening minds of mostly me and Kira Amane. lol

That is all... You've been warned. You can join if you want.
First Page 2