Party Gear And Atma?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2014-04-10
597 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Party gear and atma?
Party gear and atma?
Offline
Posts: 38
By Atramortis 2012-01-21 17:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I have played mostly nin and mnk but recently leveled bst to 99 and LOVING it. I have looked all over for best bst gear but everything I have found says solo gear. I imagine that would differ a bit from party gear. What stats are best for us? I am used to nin and mnk where haste cap and duel wield were main goal. What gear set do I want to aim for to use in parties l? I might have alot already and will try to get the rest.

Also what's the best party atma?
I'm used to
RR
GH
Apoc
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
Posts: 5276
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-21 17:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Basicly, just normal DD gear?
TP set with haste/DW/atk etc etc, and WS sets for your weaponskills, just like your nin and mnk.
Offline
Posts: 176
By Xilk 2012-01-21 18:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There difference w/ bst will be when you add gear that also boosts pet.
Here is my current tp set:


I have pet haste 4 on feet along w/ pet subtle blow 6
also 3 haste on hands.. cuz I need more tatters to get haste 4 on hands.

I'm down 3% haste atm because I have 9% haste on pet. I'm thinking of working spurrer's in for pet haste. that would put 14% pet haste in a tp build and Its possible to still keep master haste capped.
Offline
Posts: 38
By Atramortis 2012-01-22 11:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So gear to enhance pet takes priority over gear for us? And would you use atma combo I said I use for nin?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kivyin
Posts: 93
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-22 13:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Atramortis said: »
So gear to enhance pet takes priority over gear for us? And would you use atma combo I said I use for nin?

No, definitely not. You wouldn't want to gimp yourself just for your pet.

A large portion of the damage is from Weapon Skills and so you still need a solid TP gain set. In Abyssea, mobs tend to die after a WS and then a couple of hits from you and your pet, and if you're in a party the time you need to sic a pet onto the mob and actually engage is going to factor into your overall damage. In this situation, you'd definitely want to maximize your TP gain and your own damage.

Let's say you have DDs with relics and DDs without relics, you'd want the bard and corsair to be with those with a relic rather than those without. The idea behind this is that the returns from buffing an already strong DD into a stronger DD is greater than the returns from buffing a DD that is not as strong.

Therefore, the best way, in my opinion, to maximize your overall damage (including your pet) is really to stack Haste, DA and TA as much as possible, so 26% Haste for you, and as high a DA you can get. That way with RR mixed in with DA and TA, your TP gain will be maximized and so you can churn out those WS as often as you can.

Stacking haste for your pet and not capping Haste, and losing DA and TA, will actually make your overall damage output go down. Your pet doesn't need the TP gain; many, if not most, of the pet's Ready abilities are quite mediocre in Abyssea, and the time it takes you to use the move will decrease your own TP gain.

Also, the Atma combination I usually use is: RR, VV, and Alpha & Omega or Apocalypse.
Offline
Posts: 176
By Xilk 2012-01-23 07:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
Atramortis said: »
So gear to enhance pet takes priority over gear for us? And would you use atma combo I said I use for nin?

No, definitely not. You wouldn't want to gimp yourself just for your pet.

Therefore, the best way, in my opinion, to maximize your overall damage (including your pet) is really to stack Haste, DA and TA as much as possible, so 26% Haste for you, and as high a DA you can get. That way with RR mixed in with DA and TA, your TP gain will be maximized and so you can churn out those WS as often as you can.

Stacking haste for your pet and not capping Haste, and losing DA and TA, will actually make your overall damage output go down. Your pet doesn't need the TP gain; many, if not most, of the pet's Ready abilities are quite mediocre in Abyssea, and the time it takes you to use the move will decrease your own TP gain.

Also, the Atma combination I usually use is: RR, VV, and Alpha & Omega or Apocalypse.


I agree that you don't just gimp yourself in favor of your pet.

However, you are taking it too far in my opinion. A high attack pet will be roughly equal to the dd of the master. If you omit haste from pet you are going to be gimping your dd. Only in a maxed haste/support situation will putting DA/TA and other master buffs be potentially more beneficial on master than pet haste.

It sounds like you are adding a bit more double attack or crit bonus instead of pet haste. Its all just preferences and opinions now. There is no good data for comparing. No one has ever done a good bst vs pet dd for bst.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kivyin
Posts: 93
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-23 08:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Xilk said: »
I agree that you don't just gimp yourself in favor of your pet.

However, you are taking it too far in my opinion. A high attack pet will be roughly equal to the dd of the master. If you omit haste from pet you are going to be gimping your dd. Only in a maxed haste/support situation will putting DA/TA and other master buffs be potentially more beneficial on master than pet haste.

It sounds like you are adding a bit more double attack or crit bonus instead of pet haste. Its all just preferences and opinions now. There is no good data for comparing. No one has ever done a good bst vs pet dd for bst.

But in the situation that you are in an Abyssea party (since the OP stated it in his first post) where mobs die in a matter of seconds. The fact that you can auto-engage the next target and your pet can't, really decreases the benefit of stacking haste onto your pet.

The main reason behind stacking Haste with DA/TA is to maximize the number of hits in the shortest amount of time in order to increase the output of WS's, which I have said before, is the bulk of the damage.

Then again, I'm not dictating how people should play. I'm merely just giving my own opinion, and giving advice based on them.
Offline
Posts: 176
By Xilk 2012-01-23 22:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
if you are doing abyssea WS 1 shots, then may as well stack str atma. feed off the regain, drop ruinator and pet single hit ready moves. 6k +2k as needed.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kivyin
Posts: 93
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-23 23:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Xilk said: »
if you are doing abyssea WS 1 shots, then may as well stack str atma. feed off the regain, drop ruinator and pet single hit ready moves. 6k +2k as needed.

I still think the combination of RR with the DA and TA from VV and Apoc/A&O that affects you and your pet, as well as your TP gain, will deal more overall damage than just stacking STR atmas for your WS and your pet's ready moves.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 825
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-01-24 00:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Atramortis said: »
I have played mostly nin and mnk but recently leveled bst to 99 and LOVING it. I have looked all over for best bst gear but everything I have found says solo gear. I imagine that would differ a bit from party gear. What stats are best for us? I am used to nin and mnk where haste cap and duel wield were main goal. What gear set do I want to aim for to use in parties l? I might have alot already and will try to get the rest.

Also what's the best party atma?
I'm used to
RR
GH
Apoc
I love RR GH Apoc on BST <3. doubt another combination beats it. As for VV and Ruinator, it sucks compared to Rampage.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kivyin
Posts: 93
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-24 00:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Does +20% crit. hit rate really beat 2TP/tick, 10% DA and 50 STR? I've personally never used this combination. Quite curious.
Offline
Posts: 176
By Xilk 2012-01-24 21:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
Xilk said: »
if you are doing abyssea WS 1 shots, then may as well stack str atma. feed off the regain, drop ruinator and pet single hit ready moves. 6k +2k as needed.

I still think the combination of RR with the DA and TA from VV and Apoc/A&O that affects you and your pet, as well as your TP gain, will deal more overall damage than just stacking STR atmas for your WS and your pet's ready moves.

I agree, it will certainly deal more damage w/ rr, apoc & SS.
but if you just drop the WS;s on pet, then there is not really tp phase. like watching a war/sam. they walk over, drop Ukkyo's and the mob is dead maybe 2 or 3 hits aside from ukkyo;s. Its not about dealing mroe damage. its just about killing the normal mob and walking to the next one. I'll have to try that out on bst/sam. just to see.
Log in to post.