HELP: My Character Won't Update!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » HELP: My Character Won't Update!
HELP: My Character Won't Update!
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-04 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

***Please only request help with your FFXIAH.com character data if you have tried everything in this Help document, including the self troubleshooting steps given below.

--------------------

FFXIAH.com has the ability to automatically collect information about your character such as equipment, titles, levels, etc from the PlayOnline Linkshell Community Site.

How it Works:

FFXIAH.com uses a slowly updating, non-invasive spider to scan your character's POL LS Comm site profile. It attempts to interpret the data it gets back, and updates your FFXIAH.com profile accordingly.

--------------------

Limitations:

By default, the POL LS Comm site is private -- people cannot view your character's data unless they are logged into the POL LS Comm site with a valid POL ID and password.

FFXIAH.com's scanner does not use POL login credentials, because as a 3rd party website, it does not have its own FFXI account. This means by default, FFXIAH.com cannot see your character's profile information.

Additionally, there is no way for FFXIAH.com to automatically find your character's profile data from the outside. You must manually tell FFXIAH.com where on the internet to find your character's profile page, in the form of a POL LS Comm site URL.

--------------------

How to Make it Work:

First, log into the POL LS Comm site, and go to your character's profile settings. There are privacy options for every separate type of information: equipment, experience/levels, missions, etc. Each of these must be set to fully public. (NOT just public to those logged in, but public to the world.) This will give FFXIAH.com the viewing permissions to scan your data later.

To confirm you have done this step correctly, copy the URL of your character profile page, and log completely out of the POL LS Community site using the Logout button, all the way back to this page. (Not just closing the website). Then, paste the URL back into your browser and make sure your character information is fully and publicly viewable, without needing to be logged in.

Next, go to the Edit Chars button under the Members Menu (top right) of FFXIAH.com. Paste the URL of your POL LS Comm profile into the space provided. To make sure you have the correct URL, it should look something like:

http://fanzone.playonline.com/lscom/characterAllData.do?EQUIP_LINKSHELL_ID_STRING=XXXX&VIEW_LINKSHELL_ID_STRING=XXXX

Where the X's are replaced with a long sequence of random letters and numbers. If your URL does not look like this, you have copied the URL from the wrong page of your character profile. Go back to the main profile page, where all of your character's data is listed, and try again.

Once FFXIAH.com has your POL LS Comm profile URL, your character will enter the queue for update. Realize that in order to keep SquareEnix from getting mad at us by causing load on their service, we can only scan their site so often. It may take up to 24-48 hours for your character to update.

--------------------

Things That Can go Wrong:

- SquareEnix Has Not Updated the POL LS Comm Site

Frequently, SquareEnix does not update the POL LS Comm site as soon as new equipment, missions, titles, etc, are added to the game. If the POL LS Comm site has not yet been updated with the new items, titles, etc, FFXIAH.com cannot add them to your character profile.

- POL LS Comm Profile URL Has Changed

Your POL LS Community site character profile URL is dependent on your character and linkshell. If your character name, server, or your linkshell affiliation are modified, the URL of your POL LS Comm profile can automatically change on you. If this happens, FFXIAH.com loses its ability to scan your profile until you tell it the new URL.

To see if this has happened, go to your FFXIAH.com character profile and click the POL LS Comm Profile link at the top of your page. This is a link to the URL you previously provided us. If this link does not pull up your POL LS Comm profile, but instead brings up an error message, either the URL has changed or the site is down, and your FFXIAH.com profile will stop updating.

-Privacy Settings Have Reset

Similarly, changes to your character can cause your POL LS Comm privacy settings to reset. If this happens, while it might still be viewable to you (because you are logged into the POL LS Comm site), the rest of the world (and FFXIAH.com) can no longer view your data, also causing your profile to stop updating.

- FFXIAH.com Character Settings Have Changed

The Edit Chars page under your FFXIAH.com Members Menu has options to show or hide each part of the character data scanned from POL LS Community site. Make sure that you have every option set to visible that you want displayed on your FFXIAH.com character profile.

- You Haven't Logged Out of FFXI

It appears that sometimes, your character's POL LS Comm profile will not update unless you have logged out of FFXI at least once that day. If you idle bazaar or AFK instead of logging out while asleep, this may sometimes keep your character data from updating.

--------------------

Achievement System:

FFXIAH.com Achievements are not calculated when your profile information is scanned. Rather, Achievements are calculated approximately every 30 minutes. This means it's possible for your character profile information to update, but your FFXIAH.com Achievement Ranking to not change until it's calculated.

------------------------

***Please only request help with your FFXIAH.com character data if you have tried everything in this Help document, including the self troubleshooting steps given above.
[+]
 Asura.Vespera
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-04 23:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't had any issues with mine yet but thank you for this informative guide to help others with issues regarding this. It should hopefully prevent future threads on the same subject from being made over and over.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Odogg
Server: Cerberus
user: Odog
By Cerberus.Odogg 2009-07-09 23:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get some more information on how to get equipment and such to update? Mine has been the same for 3 weeks but I was logged in the entire time then I read this thread that said to log out. I logged out of ffxi > logged back in > clicked to update on ffxiah > gear remained the same.

Do I need to do the cue for update while logged out?

Do I need to stay logged out for some time?

Do I need to do something else totally different?

Help please!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 23:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the link for your ls community site on your ffxiah account. Try replacing the link and then click the queue for update and see if that works.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-07-10 00:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odogg said:
Do I need to do the cue for update while logged out?

Do I need to stay logged out for some time?

Do I need to do something else totally different?

Help please!

1) Queuing the update can be done at any time really, but FFXIAH will only reflect what is shown on the Community Website. If you've just logged out of FFXI and hit update, the CW will obviously not have had a chance to update with your new stats and levels, so if you queue up FFXIAH it'll still pull the same information that it's been showing for the past 3 weeks.

2) No, doing something as simple as switching to a mule _should_ cause an update to queue automatically on the CW side to reflect your new information. For me this works most of the time, rarely it won't trigger an update. However I find it best to log out and wait overnight for the CW to update, then queue the update here the following day.

3) Since you've already queued for an update, you'll need to wait another day for FFXIAH to allow you to queue again. If you want to be sure that it'll pull your current info, check the CW first before hitting update here to ensure that their side shows your new information.
An easy way to do this is to simply click the link below your name here on FFXIAH.

User submitted image
(The one that says LS Community Profile)

If it doesn't take you to your page, you'll know that the link is busted and you'll need to take Alyria's step in the above post.
(Atm I get a server busy error, however, so perhaps right now isn't the best time to check)
 Cerberus.Odogg
By Cerberus.Odogg 2009-07-10 01:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. As an update i'm still having isses getting the LSC to update. My link is not broken as when I click on it it takes me to my profile page (while not logged in) so it is all set to public properly.

I have logged out a couple of times and right back into ffxi to try to get the LSC site to cue me for an update and change my gear. For some reason it will just not update. I have an aegis now is why I have been trying to get it to update so much and it seems to be locked for some reason. I thought it might be because I was logged in for literally 2 weeks straight at least but I have tried the logoff trick with no luck.

Is it possible I need to remain logged off for a certain amount of time?

Also, how often can you guys get your gear to update on the LSC site?
 Cerberus.Odogg
By Cerberus.Odogg 2009-07-10 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A "bug" message sent to the LSC website people and it updated a couple hours after that. /shrug
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 18:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

it makes me sad cause i gear nice for this site but it always catches me as some weird half naked job like sam/whm
[+]
 Hades.Alexsis
Server: Hades
By Hades.Alexsis 2009-07-31 08:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

my character name is alexsis on hades server. my ffxiah profile says Queued for update, but it has said this for over 24 hours... i thought it said wait 10 minutes?
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-02 18:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Over 2 days now since my character info has not updated. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I've checked the privacy settings on the LS comm. website. The thing says last updated 2 days ago. And still queued for update. This is not the first time it takes hours to update, but over 48 hours, that's new for me. I did log out of FF XI, in fact the info on the POL website is up to date.

Hopefully you can update it for me since the update button is now grayed out. ^^
 Ragnarok.Psyence
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-02 18:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

omg that's quick service lol (or ridiculous coincidence?) thank you ^^
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-02 18:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh...mine has been "Queued for update" for about 2 days now...I just figure it'll update when it damn well gets around to it. 8P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Amalle
user: Tamalle
By Ragnarok.Amalle 2009-09-13 19:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My Queued for Update button is grayed out. :c I've checked the settings on my LS community profile and on FFXIAH.com. Both are set the same. I even re-verified my character. x.x
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-13 19:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine hasn't updated in over 40 years! WTF FIX PLS.
 Ragnarok.Amalle
user: Tamalle
By Ragnarok.Amalle 2009-09-13 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Mine hasn't updated in over 40 years! WTF FIX PLS.

Holy ***483 months!! O.o {Defeat this one first!}
 Fairy.Oomyung
Server: Fairy
user: Oomyung
By Fairy.Oomyung 2009-09-13 20:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My profile hasn't updated in 3 days, I clicked it awhile ago. Seems to be stuck on queued for update.
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-09-13 23:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yah I also have been queued for update for about 2-3 days i forget when i clicked it but it's been a while, it is current on the POL site, but o well. Really i just wanted to know if i'm closer to the top 100 on my server or not lol

it does seem quite a few are having issues right now though so idk if it's something going on or not with it, hopefully it works out soon enough
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-14 00:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

LS Comm has been down a lot.
 Midgardsormr.Dashuto
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Dashuto
By Midgardsormr.Dashuto 2009-09-14 00:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too, but I guess its a common problem, I too hope this fixes/blows over soon @_@
[+]
 Siren.Soulslider
Server: Siren
By Siren.Soulslider 2009-09-30 22:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

484 months ; ;
 Siren.Laerabella
Server: Siren
By Siren.Laerabella 2009-10-01 01:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been waiting for my jobs and missions to update for 3 weeks, tried all of the above. Oddly tho, on my jobs list it says I'm 72 SMN, but at the top, under my name it has my real level... 75 SMN. I want to update my lovely merits!!!!
And I have a title for a COP mission that is past 'One to be Feared', So something is updating but not all of it. Please help!
 Seraph.Akkarin
Server: Seraph
user: Camosan
By Seraph.Akkarin 2009-10-04 06:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried all of the self help stuff. My Queue for update keeps saying that it is updating but when i return to my page again i find that the option is blue again, allowing me to update, but the page has never been updated.

I have checked my link and that the information is set to public etc. It has worked for the longest time but won't work now :(

Can anyone assist?

Akk ^_^
 Ragnarok.Jhes
user: Jhes
By Ragnarok.Jhes 2009-10-04 17:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Akkarin said:
I have tried all of the self help stuff. My Queue for update keeps saying that it is updating but when i return to my page again i find that the option is blue again, allowing me to update, but the page has never been updated.

I have checked my link and that the information is set to public etc. It has worked for the longest time but won't work now :(

Can anyone assist?

Akk ^_^

Same problem, i keep queing my char for update, but it never updates. I've checked my profile link and its correct and updating on the POL Website itself, but not FFXIAH.
[+]
 Asura.Subzorro
Server: Asura
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-04 18:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... Go to the Delete Character... on POL ... this will fix'ya up.
[+]
 Seraph.Akkarin
By Seraph.Akkarin 2009-10-24 06:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Subzorro said:
Hmm... Go to the Delete Character... on POL ... this will fix'ya up.

Wow...that was the most specific advise I have ever seen... (-1)

This seems to have resolved itself now, but took the my POL Profile from another Linkshell then updated again seemed to work. I've now changed back to my original one and everything seems to be fine.

Just a glitch I guess.

Thanks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-24 07:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap is that you akk? You switch servers?
 Seraph.Akkarin
By Seraph.Akkarin 2009-10-24 07:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Holy crap is that you akk? You switch servers?

A case of mistaken identity I think :)

Nice to meet you though!
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-24 07:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah damn remind me of another akkarin who I haven't seen on this server in awhile... from over there in the UK
 Seraph.Akkarin
By Seraph.Akkarin 2009-10-24 07:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem, seems to be a rather unpopular name.

Anyway, we had best make another thread if you wish to continue you posting or the mods might SMITE us...
 Bahamut.Maswan
Server: Bahamut
user: Maswan
By Bahamut.Maswan 2009-11-08 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I fixed it a while back, aparently my ls community profile url was randomly changed >.<
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11