Confirmation On Skilling Up Food?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Confirmation on Skilling Up food?
Confirmation on Skilling Up food?
 Fenrir.Spydyr
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Spydyr
By Fenrir.Spydyr 2012-01-19 03:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone confirm the effect of: Saltena, Montagna, Elshena, Maringna? and what about the pitarus?

ok so I had taken a break from the game when these food were added and recently discovered them while looking through the AH at stuff to make with my cooking mule. Since then some of my lsmates have been asking if I can make them some so they can skill up but question is which is best for them? From what I've been able to find some say its tiered and that one food good for certain levels. For example Saltena good <200, Montagna better >300. other say one food for offensive (saltena,) other for defensive (elshena.) Other say its all BS. So i decided to ask (and yes this my first post to the forums so i apologize in advance for any spelling or format mistakes) and see if anyone agrees with my thinking.

Fact #1: there 8 foods in questions: Saltena, Elshena, Montagna, Maringna, Poultry Pitaru, Stuffed Pitaru, B.E.W. Pitaru, Seafood Pitaru

Fact #2: SE told us that Saltena and Elshena where for combat skill ups, Poultry and Stuffed Pitaru were for magic skill ups at the same time on the forums.

using this two facts I think its either one of two possibilities.

Possibilities #1: Food effects certain ranges only

so For example: saltenas and poultry pitaru would be for <200. Elshena and stuffed pitaru would be for 200-300, Montagna and B.E.W. for 300-400 and Maringna and Seafood for 400+ and that they have same effect on both offensive and defensive/non-offensive skills. If this the case then we just need to narrow down at which level does the food cap. (ive read <200, <175, <180 and havent seen any conclusive agreement among the community.)

Possibility #2: Food divide into "class" and level range.

This possibility i think is more likelihood. First I want to say I'm drawing similarities between what Ive found on the forums for the pitarus to the combat food. I doubt that SE would add skill up food that work differently for magic then they did for combat skill. Then again I could be wrong.

So basically: Poultry Pitaru are for Offensive magic, Stuffed Pitaru is for Non-Offensive Magic. As these are the two food mentioned along side the Saltenas and Elshena, then maybe they are divided similarly into Offensive Combat skills (aka weapons) and Defensive Combat Skills (aka evassion/parrying/shield/ect?) Since there 4 other food, that we need to figure out what they do, then may they are divide by level. So it would Look something like this (using 200 value cause that what I saw the most but could be any value probably between 150 and 300:)
Skill <200 Skill >200
Combat Offensive Saltena Montagna
Defensive Elshena Maringna
Magic Offensive Poultry Pitaru B.E.W. Pitaru
Non-Offensive Stuffed Pitaru Seafood Pitaru

For both I grouped the Maringna and the Seafood Pitaru together since they both had "seafood" ingrediants which prob meant they were the pairing. Also if you look at some of the other seafood food (like say Tav Tacos) they more defense based food (aka food used by tanks.) so thus place them as the hgiher tier food for the defensive/non-offensive skill ups over the B.E.W/Montagna which are meat base (and face it most meat food is used to boost your attack and thus offensive.)

anyways that my thoughts on it, has anyone found anything to support or bash either thoughts? And I'll apologize if this information is out there and I just missed it in my search, but like I said I havent been able to find any conclusive agreement and just alot of back and forth between the two theories. (That or threads that go off on endless tangents like who has better gear! and never get around to answer the question of what these food do. >< Here's hoping this one stays on topic :P)
-Spydyr
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-01-19 04:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

From everything i've read and the one's i've used it seems to be Saltena, Elshena, Montagna, and Maringna for combat 0~180, 180~290, 290~400, 400+ respectively. Same for the pitaru line.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-19 04:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Skill_Up_Food

If you look at the linked thread, you can find some of the testing I did on skill up rate. I intend to do more testing within a month.
By Spydyr 2012-01-19 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oh thanks, I dont know how i missed that table/thread in my search for this info. also didnt know the food were release in stages, guess that means my pairing was off from the start lol. anyways thanks again for the link and info.