Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Smithing Question
Smithing Question
By KrispeyKreme 2012-01-17 20:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, I remember someone telling me that you can now get Cursed Hauberk -1 to a T1 Synth, is this at all true? Sorry if this is a bit trivial, as I have inherited a smithing mule now and want to try for this.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-01-17 20:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cursed Hauby is 96, and there are a lot of items you can get to jump up skill over 100.

The problem is exactly quantifying the Mega Moglification value, as can be seen in this thread...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26239/break-down-the-max-cooking-lvl/

...so at the risk of having people come back and immediately correct any numerical value I would list LOL, I would think it is possible to get "106 or over" given Advanced Synth support, Mega Moglification, Gloves + Body/Smock, and the new Torque.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-17 21:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly the only way to truly know what each of the furnishings adds in skill level is to get to 88, get all the GP items, then level up another craft to 80. This would force your targeted craft to drop to 80, but with all 3 furnishings available. You could then put each in your MH individually for and attempt 96+ synths to determine the value of each by themselves, as well as test if there is a combined effect for having all 3.

I have seen where all 3 add 1 skill, but the mega moglification from all 3 boosts that to +5, as well as seeing that just the stall adds +4 skill. Testing with HQ rates can be inaccurate, whereas we know that you can only attempt synths if out skill is within 15 levels
By KrispeyKreme 2012-01-18 21:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well items and furnishing, lets say +3, then support +3 and torque is now +2... or do I need the support in a sub craft?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-20 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

not exactly sure. neither BGwiki or ffxiwiki have the specific levels for goldsmithing and clothcrath that you need. without know those, it is difficult to say what exactly you need
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-01-20 07:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

KrispeyKreme said: »
For some reason, I remember someone telling me that you can now get Cursed Hauberk -1 to a T1 Synth, is this at all true? Sorry if this is a bit trivial, as I have inherited a smithing mule now and want to try for this.

Its true, but you need that torque...have fun beating up monkies and bombs in Ifrit's Cauldron!
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-01-20 07:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 3 crafts at 100+ (smithing/alchemy/BC) so its really sad that I don't know this but...

How do the sub crafts affect the T1 rating? Because I have the torque and all other smithing + items and my HQ rate on cursed hauberk is still terrible. I know they lowered the HQ rates across the tiers some time back but I'm still wondering if this is a true T1 because it has multiple high level sub crafts.

I went 1/2 the day I got the torque. And since then I am now 0/74. Now that I have a e.body abj in my invo I am kicking myself for selling the -1 a few months back. >.<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
By daisythunder 2012-05-07 08:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tier2 is 31 levels over each craft of the synth (this includes being 31 levels above on the subcrafts). This means a smithing level 127 would be needed to T2.
hq rate increases when your 20-30 over the crafting level to make the item.

back in the day. hauberk +1's would pull in money for smith crafters.
DEF:48 STR+6 DEX+6 Accuracy+12 Attack+12 Evasion-10
LV 69 WAR DRK BST

but not with abyssea pearle hauberks on the market for 15-20k.
there is no way to sustain the prices at previous levels when the majority of the player base can use the pearle. and its easy to make the required cruers. even if the hauberk had +20 evasion instead of -10.. it would be doubtful it would ever recover.
not when the higher level item has a set bonus haste that brings it up to compete with dusk armors.

DEF:61 STR+8 DEX+4 Accuracy+8Attack+8 Critical hit rate +2%Set: Haste+5%
LV 78 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

or any of the other options a warrior/drk/bst might take with +1 and +2 moggle quest gears.

the problem is you'll craft 100 of these at 300k material costs to make 1 cursed hauberk -1. and the market isn't paying 30 million.
so you will lose crafting these for 9million.. unless you can sell the normal cursed hauberks for 300k.. and in the current economy its probably closer to 30k.
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-05-09 07:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

daisythunder said: »
Tier2 is 31 levels over each craft of the synth (this includes being 31 levels above on the subcrafts). This means a smithing level 127 would be needed to T2.
hq rate increases when your 20-30 over the crafting level to make the item.

back in the day. hauberk +1's would pull in money for smith crafters.
DEF:48 STR+6 DEX+6 Accuracy+12 Attack+12 Evasion-10
LV 69 WAR DRK BST

but not with abyssea pearle hauberks on the market for 15-20k.
there is no way to sustain the prices at previous levels when the majority of the player base can use the pearle. and its easy to make the required cruers. even if the hauberk had +20 evasion instead of -10.. it would be doubtful it would ever recover.
not when the higher level item has a set bonus haste that brings it up to compete with dusk armors.

DEF:61 STR+8 DEX+4 Accuracy+8Attack+8 Critical hit rate +2%Set: Haste+5%
LV 78 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

or any of the other options a warrior/drk/bst might take with +1 and +2 moggle quest gears.

the problem is you'll craft 100 of these at 300k material costs to make 1 cursed hauberk -1. and the market isn't paying 30 million.
so you will lose crafting these for 9million.. unless you can sell the normal cursed hauberks for 300k.. and in the current economy its probably closer to 30k.

being that u can get +6 STP and + double att through synergy on the adaberk, it is actually very usefull to the jobs that can use this for xhit builds.

As for the sub-craft/main craft teirs, I believe ur right. If a synth has a subcraft, it checks both sub and main for hq. So if ur less then 10 lvls on ur sub, but +31 lvls on ur main it would still be T0.