RNG Spellcast Help
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-01-17 00:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was told to try and post this here so might as well.

Ok, so after really trying to figure out how this XML works with the help of Hitetsu, I haven't been able to get this group change based on weapon. On top of that, I'm having a problem with un-engaged shooting not putting me in my TP set when the shot goes off. Instead it puts me back into my idle set. Another weird thing is Gun isn't loading as my default group. I... don't know what to say about this one. Weird... As far as I can tell, these are the only things NOT working. If you can find anything else that is funky or any fixes to the top 2 problems, please let me know! Q.Q

http://pastebin.com/xm0XHgKE

[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-01-26 09:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-02-01 11:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For my weapon check:
Code
<if Advanced='"%EquipRange"=="Yoichinoyumi"' NotGroup="Archery">
     <action type="command" when="Precast">input /sc group Archery</action>
</if>

If Yoichinoyumi is equipped, and the group is Archery, it skips the check. If it's not archery, it'll change it to archery. You'd just make a rule for each weapon you're using.

For my Basic Rules:
Code
<if Status="engaged">
     <action type="equip" when="engaged|aftercast|idle" set="Engaged" />
</if>
<if NotStatus="engaged">
     <action type="equip" when="aftercast|idle" set="Main" />
</if>

If you want to delay re-equipping idle gear after each shot, try this:
Code
<if spell="ranged" TargetDistanceLT="24.9">
     <precastdelay delay="0.5" />
     <equip when="precast" set="Snapshot" />
     <midcastdelay delay="0.5" />
     <equip when="midcast" set="Ranged" />
     <aftercastdelay delay="12" />
</if>

Hope this helps~
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-05 16:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to piggyback my problem here:

First off, let me start off by saying i'm Spellcast dumb, and trying to fix this problem is probably easy, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm simply trying to get my RNG spellcast to keep my "Barrage" set equipped for the ranged attack following the job ability. The .xml I am using equips the barrage gear, then puts on my tp gear just before the shot... it's so annoying.

Any thoughts on how to fix it? Please be gentle xD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-05 16:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Try:
Code
<if spell="ranged">
	<if buffactive="Barrage">
		<aftercastdelay delay="5"/>
		<equip when="precast|midcast" set="Barrage"/>
		<equip when="aftercast" set="%status"/>
	</if>
	<else>
		<equip when="precast" set="engaged"/>
	</else>
 </if>

This'll check you're using a Ranged Attack, then check for Barrage. If Barrage is up, it'll put your Barrage gear on before and during your shot.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-05 19:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Try:
Code
<if spell="ranged">
	</if>
	<else>
		<equip when="precast" set="engaged"/>
	</else>
 </if>

This'll check you're using a Ranged Attack, then check for Barrage. If Barrage is up, it'll put your Barrage gear on before and during your shot.
This was perfect. Thank you so much!
By Greever 2012-02-06 09:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been thinking of re-working my spellcast for rng but i keep running into a problem when trying to handle the snapshot/rapidshot/recycle precast and the midcast of rng att/acc. Dose anyone have a working rule for this?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-06 09:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<if spell="ranged">
	<castdelay delay="0.2" />
	<equip when="precast" set="snapshotorwhatever" />
	<equip when="midcast" set="hurtthings" />
	<equip when="aftercast" set="superepicidleset" />
</if>

That should do it.

It'll delay your attack by 0.2 seconds, put on your snapshot gear, wait 0.5sec and then put your Att/Acc set on.
By Greever 2012-02-06 09:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Code
<if spell="ranged">
	<castdelay delay="0.2" />
	<equip when="precast" set="snapshotorwhatever" />
	<equip when="midcast" set="hurtthings" />
	<equip when="aftercast" set="superepicidleset" />
</if>

That should do it.

It'll delay your attack by 0.2 seconds, put on your snapshot gear, wait 0.5sec and then put your Att/Acc set on.

lol @ hurtthings & superidleset.

Thanks for the info, ill probably work on that tonight and test it out.
 Leviathan.Mcmurdles
Server: Leviathan
user: Mcmurdles
By Leviathan.Mcmurdles 2012-02-20 07:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather than starting a n ew thread just bumping this one, after deleting all of my xml recently i had to do all 14 from scratch and so far so good but can't seem to get this BLM one to work im getting error line 207 and there is no line 207 o.o also cannot get main to equip if anyone can spot where its wrong and point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-20 07:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the error an error parsing end tag?
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-20 07:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mcmurdles said: »
Rather than starting a n ew thread just bumping this one, after deleting all of my xml recently i had to do all 14 from scratch and so far so good but can't seem to get this BLM one to work im getting error line 207 and there is no line 207 o.o also cannot get main to equip if anyone can spot where its wrong and point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Ok, I bolded one part that stood out to me. I would take that out entirely, because as it is written, it is useless. Tht slot will be enabled anyway, no need to try and enable it.
 Leviathan.Mcmurdles
By Leviathan.Mcmurdles 2012-02-20 08:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, which is wigging me out because all other 13 xml's end the same and there's no dramas i'm thinking its a silly error i've over looked and just hoping someone can catch it, also the way i have it setup should main weapons switch with no dramas? I'm not SC advanced enough to work out the variables and all that crazy ***i see people using

EDIT: I added that line back in because i use a virtually identical SC for RDM and main weapons wouldn't swap for me, but my BLM SC wasn't working with or without that part... nonetheless i'll delete that bit if its not doing anything, thanks. :)
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-20 08:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy and paste that. Changed a couple of things and it compiles for me now.

Edit: You had an <else> in there with no </else>. the <else> didn't really need to be there anyway.
 Leviathan.Mcmurdles
By Leviathan.Mcmurdles 2012-02-20 08:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you're the best ty dude! outta curiosity where was the error? and are main weapons changing? cant log on to check this very minute missus is busting my balls... :( thank you thank you again
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-20 08:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, any tip I can give someone when trying to troubleshoot an xml is to right click -> open with firefox. It will tell you where it finds an eroor (although that is not always where you look) and tell you what it was expecting (which tells you exactly what to look for).

Just PM me after you log in and try it if you are still having problems and I will check it out.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-20 08:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I forgot about the main weapons. I say take the tpgt thing out of it that you have "enabling" your main slots. the way you have it, it is enabling whatever your tp is, which means it is just an extra check spellcast has to make. Slots are enabled by default, so no need to put it in there.

Also, I am not in game, so I can check that far, I just got it to compile.
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-02 16:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

bleh my level of understanding higher tier spell cast mumbo jumbo is well poop, i would like to tailor the xml in the op for my own uses however i cant exactly follow when or how to modify it properly... if anyone is willing to take some time to correspond in PM's or something as to not clutter this thread to heavily, anyways thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-03-02 16:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's anything in particular you want to know, I'm more than happy to help.

Your best bet would be to post in the forum(s) though, there's a lot of people that have a better handle on Spellcast than me and are likely to be on at a better time for you.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-02 16:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess first question then is on line 19 the variable geartype i have no clue exactly what this is doing or how its value is being set, the starting value seems to be the same as the name of one of the (tp?) sets.

Also i have it loaded as is and been messing around just to see if it works, i assume that it's supposed to say something when i change weapons? if not then how does that message get triggered? so far swapping my weapons does nothing.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-03-02 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I change that using a macro in-game, it's basically the gearset that Spellcast defaults back to after spells/ws's/ja's, etc.

My THF's TP macro is:
/con sc set TPGear
/con sc var set GearType TPGear

That swaps my current gear to my standard TP Gear and then switches my default aftercast/engaged gear to my standard TP Gear.

My EVA macro is:
/con sc set EVAGear
/con sc var set GearType EVAGear

This one swaps me to EVAGear and then changes my default gear to EVA.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-02 18:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm why the /con? thought /sc set worked? also wow that makes alot more sense now, that makes a bit more sense on why there are all those other gear sets without them being used in rules.

so when should i see the weapon change messages? also not quite sure why the barrage and sharpshot rules are if mode: or
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-03-02 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A while back, doubleslashes didn't work because of some random version update, I wrote that during then XD So that was the only way I could make it work properly. You should be able to drop the /con and just use //sc

I'll be honest, I could never work out why the Weapon group changes never worked, they weren't something I'd played around with before now though, so I'm sure I've written them wrong. (Although I think I might've worked out why >_>; Could try: http://pastebin.com/iDNQDF1g for a potentially working version).

The Barrage and Snapshot rules are "or" to ensure they go trigger when you use the JA aswell as when you use a regular /ra or ws (otherwise Spellcast wouldn't put them on for the JA without another rule to trigger it for the JA itself, this just cuts out a rule for each of them).
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-02 18:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ah also you can just /sc not //sc for equiping sets not sure if thats a new feature or what or if'd work with the manual var value set.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-18 22:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so question, is there a way to make a set lock rule? that is i know you can make a rule so that with barrage active it will lock specific pieces of gear until barrage is no longer active, is there a way to make a similar rule except with a whole set?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-03-18 23:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Code xml
<set name="Barrage">
	<slot lock="yes">Gear</slot>
</set>

<etc etc etc>

<if mode="or" spell="Barrage" buffactive="Barrage">
	<equip set="Barrage" />
</if>
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-19 14:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
		<if spell="Ranged" TargetDistanceLT="24.9">
				<castdelay delay="0.2"/>
				<midcastdelay delay="0.5"/>
				<equip when="Aftercast" set="TP" />
			</if>
			<else>
				<precastdelay delay="0.5" />
				<equip when="precast" set="Snapshot" />
				<equip when="midcast" set="TP" />
			</else>
		</if>

this is my current rule for ranged attacks, so my two questions are that if i use the lock rule in the actual gear set it will only lock when buff active and range attacking in this case? say if i accidently interupt my range attack will the gear lock remain if i choose to last stand instead?

the other question with my positioning of cast delays will that apply to all rules bellow or do i need to nest it into each sub statement? (btw not sure if im using proper terminology here so i apologize ahead of time)
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-31 22:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well so far it seems like it works, its damn hard to tell though seems like barrage gear swaps early but when i watch it, it's right when my barrage buff wears so i think its following the rule properly but makes me wonder if im actually receiving the effect of the gear for the shot /sigh x.x
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-04-18 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

dumbass question because I'm just starting to delve into SC. Are any of these .xml's listed included essentially an "autofire" mechanism for RNGs? Or if not, is there any way to coordinate one? The fact that SE does not give us that function when all other melees have it drives me nuts simply because it reduces our efficiency.

I would like to understand the mechanics of SC before I just take someone else's work and slap it into my playing- that just feels like stealing, especially when I have no understanding of the work that went into creating it.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-04-18 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many ways to set up an autofire.

You could so something like this for example:
Code
<if spell="Ranged">
    <if advanced='"%status"="engaged"'>
        <command when="aftercast">wait 2.5; input /ra</command>
    </if>
</if>

Adjust the wait to your delay.

With this, if you are engaged, when you do a ranged attack it will repeat them every X seconds (what you set it on the wait).

The problem is that its going to keep spaming rangeds until you aren't engaged anymore or you unload spellcast, this can cause conflict when you try to use a weaponskill for example, if the next ranged started already you will get a "unable to perform that action at this moment" and the ws won't go off, you would need to have good timing so that the ws goes before the ranged attack starts.
This will cause the ranged attack to get the "unable to perform that action at this moment" message instead, and some times will interrupt the code and you will have to manually do another ranged to trigger it again.

Or you could set it up through a variable and have some buttons to activate/deactivate it with /console sc var set autofire 1 or /console sc var set autofire 0 respectively.
Code
<variables clear="true">
        <var name="Autofire">0</var>
</variables>
Code
<if spell="Ranged">
    <if Advanced='"$Autofire"="1"'>
        <command when="aftercast">wait 2.5; input /ra</command>
    </if>
</if>

The thing is that as long as its active it will conflict with every other thing you try to do (Jas, items, ws, movement, etc)
And considering how fast a Rng can get tp its not worth it to use it to shot 4 times and stop it to ws for example.

There was something to loop it X times and autostop but i dont remember how it was, i think i saw it on some Aikar's xml skill up for some mage, but can't find it now :/
Anyway, even with that i dont see it worth the trouble if you are going to be actively playing.
It can be usefull to just activate/deactivate it for skill ups or if you are just doing rangeds and nothing more for some reason.

Not sure if thats what you were looking for but thats all what i can figure atm, maybe someone has a better way to do it.
[+]
First Page 2