THF TP Sets And Assassin Poulaines +2.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-12-27 04:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
How about 10% dw on skadi body?

Has it been confirmed that Skady+1 body is 10DW?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-12-27 04:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I was asking if that would beat thaumas if it was 10% dw.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-27 04:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually yeah, I think Skadi Body +1 wins if it's 10% DW. I just assumed it was 5% because I'm pessimistic. =P

But *** me, I think Skadi Body has to be one of the most ugly body pieces in the game. Well, it looks okay on Mithras I guess.

As for Skadi Legs though, unless the bonus increases with each piece I don't think 3% crit will beat 9 STR. The accuracy on Thaumas helps with harder stuff, too.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-12-27 04:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

STP isn't doing anything of value? :( I want skadi legs to win! Though, there is a fair bit of content you would cap fstr on anyways, so situational if nothing else.
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-12-27 23:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
But *** me, I think Skadi Body has to be one of the most ugly body pieces in the game.
Really?! It's easilly one of my favourite looking body pieces. In fact I dat swapped all my denali to skadi a while ago lol.

Then again I am a mithra.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-05 17:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi body is apparently 7% dual wield.

I might try to shoot for something like this.

Legs have 6% haste according to BG
Rajas instead of Oneirous if you don't have MP merits

Here's another set I'm thinking about.

Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-05 17:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I can tell, the set I posted earlier is still winning. Skadi +1 body had to be 10% for it to win against Thaumas. Usefulness of skadi legs depends on what the 3/5 set bonus is.

On the bright side, that means less Umbrage plan farming.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-01-05 18:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I can tell, the set I posted earlier is still winning. Skadi +1 body had to be 10% for it to win against Thaumas. Usefulness of skadi legs depends on what the 3/5 set bonus is.

On the bright side, that means less Umbrage plan farming.

Do you mean the set you posted on the last page ? For mandau/thokcha(fire) I have skadi body+1 winning w/o counting the set bonus.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-06 01:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancor beats Portus for TP?
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2013-01-06 01:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Rancor beats Portus for TP?
Pretty sure it does.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-06 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, because for BLU, Portus is better. They must be pretty dang close.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2013-01-06 01:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because double attack gets devalued by triple attack. THF gets lots of triple attack, BLU doesn't.

The check goes in order of QA > TA > DA > OAx I believe.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-06 01:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said: »
THF gets lots of triple attack, BLU doesn't.
THF gets 11%
BLU gets 5%
(without gear obviously)

Doesn't seem like that big of a difference, but ok.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-06 01:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Weird, because for BLU, Portus is better. They must be pretty dang close.
~1% difference
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-06 02:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Do you mean the set you posted on the last page ? For mandau/thokcha(fire) I have skadi body+1 winning w/o counting the set bonus.

What is the rest of your set, what kind of buffs are you using, and what target are you setting? If you use Thaumas you'll be using Patentia and if you use Skadi+1 you'd assumedly be using Twilight. So basically a Skadi+1 set that caps haste will have 2% DW over the Thaumas Coat set. I don't see that ever beating the DA/TA/QA on Thaumas unless you are getting a ton of crit rate out of the DEX on the Skadi Body.

Skadi +1 body probably has application VS certain targets but I'm not going to gather yet another 50 plans just for something that's not going to be useful under the majority of situations until I have absolutely nothing else left to get from Neo Salvage.
[+]
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2013-01-06 03:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to echo Kincard and say that, according to the spreadsheet, this set is the best I can come up with:

Some notes:
  • Skadi+1 legs only come out above Thaumas on Fodder mobs, and that's entirely dependant on the set bonus. Personally I think that makes them not worth farming.

• I've never looked closely at Pugiunculus so I can't comment on it's ranking among offhand weapons before this set, but against Fodder and DC Dynamis mobs the only thing that beats it is 99 Twashtar. 90 doesn't cut it. Even against Qilin (with /WAR and Berserk up) it was beating everything but 99 Twashtar. Drop Berserk and it's only below Fire Thokcha by 3 DPS (~1.44%), 99 Twashtar by 2.3 DPS. (~1.1%) and Aluh Jambiya by 0.3 DPS (~0.14%). Food was set to Yellow Curry Bun. Haste spell was on.

• This set has a whopping 104 Attack on it plus another 15.5 that you'd get from it's 31 STR. That could help explain why Pugiunculus is doing so well even on higher level enemies.

• Nusku's Sash and Sigyn's Jambeaux still came out on top of Twilight/Assassin+2.

• I was using +3% Crit Rate per Skadi+1 piece beyond the first as the set bonus.

Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-06 04:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Madranta said: »
I'd like to echo Kincard and say that, according to the spreadsheet, this set is the best I can come up with...
Which race did you use?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-06 04:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi+1 Legs also probaby come out ahead if you're getting STR buffs, daggers cap fSTR early.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-06 04:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I get a similar set for a Taru THF/WAR vs. DC Nightmare monsters. Buffs assumed were Haste and 500 skill Boost-STR. I get Thaumas < Skadi +1. I also don't seem to get the best set changing as you hit the magic haste cap. Mercy Stroke also seems to be the best SA and TA WS.

Vajra with a free AM3 improves DPS by <1%... oh Vajra. I checked it out, and it has been fully implemented with SA/TA bonuses.
 Valefor.Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2013-01-06 05:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Valefor.Madranta said: »
I'd like to echo Kincard and say that, according to the spreadsheet, this set is the best I can come up with...
Which race did you use?

Race is Mithra with 12 STR and DEX merits and sub on Fodder and DC was DNC, no haste samba. On Qilin it was /WAR with Aggressor and Berserk on plus Stalwart's and 10% def down assuming Dia 2. No BRD, COR, Boost or other buffs were used.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-01-06 06:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the set you posted on last page and just changed thaumas body by skadi body +1, target was dynamis DC and just haste/rcb as buff, race was mithra.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-01-06 06:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Was messing around with the spreadsheet too, and for me (Mithra, /dnc, RCB, dyna dc etc) with the above set, Love is coming out about 1.5 DPS more than Rancor. Might wanna keep Love in mind while fiddling around with your sets.
 Valefor.Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2013-01-06 07:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Was messing around with the spreadsheet too, and for me (Mithra, /dnc, RCB, dyna dc etc) with the above set, Love is coming out about 1.5 DPS more than Rancor. Might wanna keep Love in mind while fiddling around with your sets.

I get that too, but only for DC Nightmare mobs. On Fodder and Qilin, Rancor is about 5 DPS better. DEX is having a huge effect on that set against DC for some reason. Even Spike Necklace is 0.8 ahead of Rancor. Using Rancor as a base if I add 8 DEX in the set bonus section (on top of the 2 I already have set for Thaumas) I get 9.1 DPS out of it. It caps there and doesn't supply any more benefit after that.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-06 07:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

dDEX caps at 50, and for 0-40 dDEX increases your critical hit rate by 1% every 10 DEX you have more than your target's AGI.

For 41-50, you get 1% critical hit rate for every point of DEX until it caps out at +50 and you get only accuracy bonuses out of it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-06 07:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're crazy enough you can have multiple different TP sets based on the AGI of the opponent that you're fighting, but I don't have the space for that myself, heh. I'd rather go for a more all-purpose TP set that focuses on multiattack, STR, attack etc outside of extraneous circumstances like really evasive monsters and the like.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-06 07:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're crazy enough you can have multiple different TP sets based on the AGI of the opponent that you're fighting, but I don't have the space for that myself, heh. I'd rather go for a more all-purpose TP set that focuses on multiattack, STR, attack etc outside of extraneous circumstances like really evasive monsters and the like.

Boost-STR is a common enough buff that it's worth accounting for in your TP sets, IMO.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-06 12:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And the DEX/Dyna DC issue is also worth accounting for if you mainly use your THF for Dynamis. The pre-salvage2 optimal sets for Mithra in there that are different than the non-Mithra ones, that's why I asked.
By Otomis 2013-01-08 22:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking a look at this set in perspective to higher Lv mobs, used Qilin on sheet. Same conclusion as other but I am having Love come ahead of Rancor.

Thf/War ~ Mithra
12/12 STR
12/12 DEX
RCBun - Food
Buffs - Haste, Berserk, Aggressor, Stalwart's (I don't always have brd or cor so just used what I know I would have).

And capped Thf merits. I am working on making Mandua so interested in how to gear for higher lv content playing relic thf. Came up with about the same results with slight variation. Sorry I have never been sure how to add higher lv weapons.

MS Set

These are kinda my goals: Any help updating for high end content using relic would be helpful.
By Snuke 2013-01-08 22:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Sorry I have never been sure how to add higher lv weapons.

[+]
By Otomis 2013-01-08 22:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Snuke, I have always wondered that lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9