Earth
First Page 2

| Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By slipispsycho 2012-01-10 22:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said: »
Thoughts?
Just one.. Share whatever it is you're smoking, sounds like some good stuff.
[+]
By zahrah 2012-01-10 22:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...Aren't the planets predicted to align on December 21, 2012, or am I getting that mixed up with some other doomsday BS?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-10 22:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an hypothesis that on July 1, 2018 all the planets in our Solar System will align creating a strong magnetic force that will bring the Sun's heat closer to Earth and by natural phenomenon forcing Earth to shift it's vertical rotation- the Sun rising from the West and setting in the East (the Quran says this will happen as well); all of Earth's snow, glaciers etc will melt and create perfect atmosphere where no rain, snow, fog, etc does not exist- just one perfect atmosphere.

Then after this happens, my invention will be possible as well.

Also, I just want to say that all the stuff that happened to in end of June and beginning of July was true and right- I didn't wanna wait 7 years for it and thought the machine was gonna be built earlier than it should lol; it'll happen after perfect atmosphere tho.

I like Interpendence day lol, should be labeled July 1.

Thoughts?

I love you.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-01-10 22:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

think so but theres 2 eclipses that day, 1st us a total solar eclipse 2nd is an eclpise of venus <where venus travels in front of the sun veiwable as a black dot>
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-10 22:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
cannabis water

[+]
By slipispsycho 2012-01-10 22:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said: »
Hmmm...Aren't the planets predicted to align on December 21, 2012, or am I getting that mixed up with some other doomsday BS?
Half right, half wrong.. There is an alignment predicted but it's not of the planets, it's of our Sun, the Earth and the galactic center. Although there's so many different estimates of how long it takes to occur, but it's in the ten's of millions, if not the hundred's.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-01-10 22:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf does that pic remind me of nicholas cage
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-10 22:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »

Reminds me of Adam Sandler.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-10 22:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »

It is Nicholas Cage.
By zahrah 2012-01-10 22:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what? I think we should all share our plans for planetary alignment!
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-01-10 22:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously this is just an insanity thread but why not.

From what I understand about magnetism is that our Earth's core produces a magnetic field that repels the solar wind.

If there was a "strong magnetic force" I don't think there would be any way it could make the Earth warmer, it was just help repel the winds more.

Also no rain wouldn't be the perfect atmosphere, it would be devastating. No crops, no plants, no food for animals.

Wait, did I really just type that all out in response to this post?

OK just pretend I wrote some witty one liner instead.
[+]
By zahrah 2012-01-10 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As we speak, I'm tying together rope to lasso the constellation Pegasus so we can cross breed it and other breeds of horses. You know, for the unicorn invasion.

Word is that the unicorns were not simply creatures of myth, nor did they go extinct. There was a great unicorn exodus to Mars! Why? We may never know, but their return was foretold by Nostradamus in Quatrain 311. It is said that when the unicorns return they will obliterate the human race! We're through the looking glass here, folks!

I'm thinking if we can tame the Pegasus just as Heracules did we will be able to stave off the unicorn invasion. Seriously! What do unicorns have? Just a horn. If we have Pegasus...Errr...Pegasi?-horse hybrids we'll be fine.

So, ladies and gents, who wants they're very own Pegasus?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-01-10 23:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, this thread reminded me of an actual mystery of the Earth that I would like to share with those of you who are bored. I learned about it during my Geology class and thought it was interesting!

Apparently, there is evidence of the Earth undergoing geomagnetic pole reversals in its history. Just so you don't think I'm making this up, Wikipedia has a page on it, so if you want a better explanation, just go there...

Rocks with magnetic properties are normally aligned in a certain direction, but in some periods, they align in the direct opposite way.

Quote:
The Earth's magnetic north pole is drifting from northern Canada towards Siberia with a presently accelerating rate — 10 km per year at the beginning of the 20th century, up to 40 km per year in 2003, and since then has only accelerated. In the last decade magnetic north was shifting roughly one degree every five years.

I don't know what causes it, or what effects it has(I think I'll read over this Wiki article before I go to sleep), but it was just something that I thought was interesting about the Earth.

Anyway, I thought this was a cool tidbit and I made a text game based on it. Some kind of story about the humans were too dependent on technology, then a geomagnetic pole shift occurred which ruined all the computers and also led to some form of mass extinction. The humans of my story thought that God was punishing them, but as the player progresses, he/she comes to find the real history and evidence behind it all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-10 23:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said: »
Also no rain wouldn't be the perfect atmosphere, it would be devastating. No crops, no plants, no food for animals.
There will be enough moisture in the air, wireless plumbing too (condensation machine) lol; let's not forget solar energy and BAM- bish is pimpin.

edit: if it isn't obvious, the sky will take all the extra water levels.

Psycho Slip said: »
Share whatever it is you're smoking, sounds like some good stuff.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-10 23:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be high off your *** right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-10 23:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
You must be high off your *** right now.

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Psycho Slip said: »
Share whatever it is you're smoking, sounds like some good stuff.
Cannabis water poured in all the oceans of the world!

Cure all is win.

Can sharks get high off of THC?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-01-11 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As we speak, I'm tying together rope to lasso the constellation Pegasus so we can cross breed it and other breeds of horses. You know, for the unicorn invasion.

Word is that the unicorns were not simply creatures of myth, nor did they go extinct. There was a great unicorn exodus to Mars! Why? We may never know, but their return was foretold by Nostradamus in Quatrain 311. It is said that when the unicorns return they will obliterate the human race! We're through the looking glass here, folks!

I'm thinking if we can tame the Pegasus just as Heracules did we will be able to stave off the unicorn invasion. Seriously! What do unicorns have? Just a horn. If we have Pegasus...Errr...Pegasi?-horse hybrids we'll be fine.

So, ladies and gents, who wants they're very own Pegasus?

I always knew something was up with horses. Those infernal creatures have been plotting against us for thousands of years fooling us with their strength, grace and varied emotions all to harvest us as an intergalactic commodity for their unicorn overlords.

When I was 8 I became aware that I was the 'chosen one', the one destined to stop the threat as predicted in the Unicorn Infinitum - holy scriptures located on their home world and since then I have been hunted by their terrestrial spies, the horses.

Horses have been observed all across the planet for thousands of years and why do you think this is so? Because they've been molding us, integrating themselves into our cultures and civilizations to best keep an eye on us and to weaken our defenses against the coming invasion. The images of unicorns as peaceful creatures best associated with girls or princesses is designed to merely mentally inoculate us against the true threat of a unicorn.

The media is owned and run by humans under the spell of these equestrian spies yet we are completely unaware of the threat lying in our stables across the world. They laughed at me but it will be only a matter of time before the interdimensional portal is complete and the unicorn supercarriers begin orbit around Earth.

The horn of a unicorn is really a high-powered particle rifle which can be used to vaporize targets on contact, mentally communicate with horses and/or fellow unicorns or to control the minds of creatures like us humans. Only by consuming lead can you be protected against their mind control. I started with paint chips around age 6, before becoming the chosen one.

I've managed to stop the equestrian threat by blowing up radio towers and burning down barns but I'm one man up against a battle of galactic proportions and only through the internet can I build up an army to stop them. These creatures must not ravage our homeworld... not without a fight.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2012-01-11 13:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that one is when the myan (sp?) calendar officially ends.
By Nevill 2012-01-11 13:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sparth, that story makes more sense than the OP.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2012-01-11 14:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Qur'an says it, it must be true.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-01-11 14:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I want my own Pegasus! It has to be a girl, and her name has to be Starburst, and can she be white with light green wings, mane, and tail?

But if death was a certainty, I'd want to eat all the chocolate cake before it was destroyed. You can't let chocolate cake go to waste, end of the world or not!
[+]
By zahrah 2012-01-11 14:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SPART!!!!!

/gasp

You were the other Pegasus child foretold of in the Unicorn Infinitum? Well, how do you like that? FFXIAH just contributed in the salvation of humanity!

The domestication of the horse will work out in our favor though once I can wrangle that wiley Pegasus from his stellar prison. It's been a trial so far, but if it's for the good of humanity...We must remain vigilant!

Did you receive the news that Rupert Murdoch was in cahoots with our intergalactic single-horned foes!!! Apparently, he took the fall in the scandal last July to keep the encroachment of the unicorns a secret! You know, Alan Colmes left Fox News because of threats from the vile unicorns upon discovering their nefarious plot against the human race!

I have not yet taken to the streets...Or...Ummmm...Farms and farms and ranches yet for fear of exposing myself as the Pegasus Child. I have been eating a fair amount of paint chips also. I can give you recipes if need be. I know it's not the best tasting meal, but with a little culinary razzle-dazzle they'll be much easier to ingest. :)

EDIT: I just noticed I typoed last night. Oh well! Cest la vie!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-01-11 14:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now, the planets all align. Suddenly billions of Pegasus' start swarming out of the sun toward earth.

It's not the end of the world, it's the beginning of the Pegasus Age! :O
By zahrah 2012-01-11 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/gets out Post-It note

/jots down "Spart", "Leila", and "Minefield"

Leila, you can have your pick of the litter. I'm going to name mine Mister Sprinkles or Disco Stu. Not sure yet, but rest assured, mine is turquoise and pink!
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-01-11 14:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap, we all get our own Pegasus, best end of the world EVER!

Hmmm... Powderpuff Puupsie!

Orange with yellow mane! OH YEAH!
First Page 2