Characters' Verification-Buy Item From Youself?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Characters' Verification-Buy Item From Youself?
Characters' Verification-Buy Item From Youself?
 Quetzalcoatl.Lynz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Lynz
By Quetzalcoatl.Lynz 2008-04-13 10:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Item requested has a high value for one single crystal,
I have tried several times but unable to buy it back from
my own character, losing gils for doing so. What is the trick buying from your own character without losing gils purchasing the item requested from the auction house?
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-04-13 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What I've done with my two characters:

1. If you don't have the requested crystal, purchase one off the AH for whatever you can get it for.

2. List the single crystal on the AH for 1g. When an item is sold on the AH, no matter when all of the items were listed, the one that was listed for the lowest price is sold first.

3. Buy the crystal for the exact amount to confirm your character. Unless somebody else has listed the crystal for 1g before you did, you will purchase your own crystal.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-04-18 11:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter who you bought the crystal from as long as you buy it for the right amount.

If you've already bought a crystal, there's no sense in trying again just because you didn't buy your own. The confirmation can take a little while to process. No more than a half hour though I think.

I'd say the safest way to buy a crystal is to buy out all crystals on sale for one gil on the AH then listing your own at 1g and buying it for the required price. This way you lose the AH fee only. If don't have any of the required crystal just delete your confirmation request and do another. In all cases, you only lose the AH fee which is 50 gil. There is always a chance someone else will buy your crystal or you'll buy someone elses, but these are pretty small.