First Page 2
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 07:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff based on luck is kinda tricky to test <.< but anyway I've started gathering some useful info on the merit enhancements on our relic pieces.
The amount of merits you have in each ja/trait also seems to influence the effect of the relic armor(the more merits you have, the more the armor gives)

Commodore legs+2
Snake Eye enhancement: gives a random chance to have Snake Eye recast left at 0 after using it. Seems pretty good, though the activation rate needs a lot more testing.
My Snake merits were 5/5.

Commodore gants+2
Fold enhancement: Fold has a random chance to erase 2 rolls instead of 1. At max merits it erases 2 rolls 100% of the times. This is good if you have a double bust(when does this even happen?), but not so good when you only want to erase a single roll. I'm very disappointed at this enhancement honestly.

Commodore bottes+2
Wild card enhancement: need to look more into it, but so far it seems to just increase the % of luck...cause the various numbers all give the expected results. It gives a chance to reroll if you get a 1 or 2 on Wild Card.

Commodore tricorne+2
Winning Streak enhancement: 6 additional seconds for each merit you own. At max WS merits it gives 30 seconds.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 07:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fold enhancement: Fold has a random chance to erase 2 rolls instead of 1. This is good if you have a double bust(when does this even happen?), but not so good when you only want to erase a single roll. I'm very disappointed at this enhancement honestly.

That's really lame; unless you've got two busts up for some reason or if you really don't want a roll on for the next 90 seconds it will take you to get two different rolls up...they're actually detrimental.

Quote:
Snake Eye enhancement: gives a random chance to have Snake Eye recast left at 0 after using it. Seems pretty good, though the activation rate needs a lot more testing.

I dig this, though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 07:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I don't think I'll even bother upgrading that piece at this point...I'll probably spend my forgotten touches on more useful things for other jobs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-22 07:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
Fold enhancement: Fold has a random chance to erase 2 rolls instead of 1. This is good if you have a double bust(when does this even happen?), but not so good when you only want to erase a single roll. I'm very disappointed at this enhancement honestly.

That's really lame; unless you've got two busts up for some reason or if you really don't want a roll on for the next 90 seconds it will take you to get two different rolls up...they're actually detrimental.

Maybe can just macro it in when you happened to rolled two bad number previously, so you get more chance to try better number? Since you need to do 3 rolls if you wanna erase the one before previous one.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 08:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, really you only need to do two, because the one you want to get rid of is already up.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-22 08:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, really you only need to do two, because the one you want to get rid of is already up.

But you can't use the one that's already on yourself no?

For example, you rolled a bad number roll A, then rolled bad number(or bust) roll B, seems like a good choice to macro it in and use fold so you can redo both rolls. Or else you'd have to do a roll C to redo the roll A because roll A will still be on after you fold B without relic+2.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 08:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, leaving busts out of the equation b/c I'm just talking of getting rid of a less-than-desirable roll, because it's not actually hurting you like a bust is.

They’ve got potential to be useful, but in a very, very compartmentalized fashion.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-22 08:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, leaving busts out of the equation b/c I'm just talking of getting rid of a less-than-desirable roll, because it's not actually hurting you like a bust is.

They’ve got potential to be useful, but in a very, very compartmentalized fashion.

Well, that makes the process of buffing requires a bit more thinking and planning: are you going to spend sometime to rebuff bad number rolls, or are you just gonna stick with it.

I'm happy with it.......although inv really hurts a lot XD
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 10:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Added the amount of merits I had since it seems to be relevant.
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-12-22 11:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Well, that makes the process of buffing requires a bit more thinking and planning: are you going to spend sometime to rebuff bad number rolls, or are you just gonna stick with it.

Well if you have one bad roll, and one bust, and you get rid of both rolls and roll again, you're adding another minute having only 1 roll active.

So is it worth losing 1 minute of a roll in hopes that you get a better roll?
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-12-22 12:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Snake Eye thing is nice, but the Fold enhancement is stupid... I've busted on Miser roll (for example) after having nailed a lucky Tactician roll- why the heck would I want something that could potentially negate my original roll too?

I just let my rolls ride for the most part- I'd rather just buff up, then Wildfire spam. I have 1 merit in Snake Eye, 1 merit in Fold, 3 merits in Random Deal, and 5/5 in Winning Streak... It's all a numbers game: with maxed Winning Streak merits and +2 Navarch's Gants my rolls last for 7 minutes and 20 seconds- so basically it only takes me 2 rounds of rolling to get up to my 15 minute recast on Snake Eye and Fold. Mathematically it's unlikely that I would need more than that to maintain effective stat boosting. Point in case: you have 2 rounds of rolling, with 2 rolls per round, for a total of 4 rolls in that 15 minute window, and then you have 2 chances to either alter or erase one of those 4 rolls (provided your recast timers are presently at 0). That's a 50/50 chance that you can alter or delete a roll at any given time! As long as you have a +2 Navarch's Frac, and you don't Bust or land on an unlucky number (which on a 1-12 scale you only have a 16.66% chance of doing so), you shouldn't even need to use Snake Eye or Fold very often.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I do use Snake Eye often. I don't like sitting on bad numbers or 10s.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-12-22 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I do use Snake Eye often. I don't like sitting on bad numbers or 10s.

A 10 on Tactician's is a 3 tp per tick regain with +2 body... I'll take it. A 9 is also 3 tp per tick, so I traditionally only Snake Eye on an unlucky 8.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not using SE on 10 when it's up makes no sense.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a jerk. I shoot for all XIs all the time. It costs me and my party buffs sometimes. I admit that.

My gambling addiction hurts the ones I love. It's true. (*'-')

Edit: Admit it. Seriously. Nothing feels better than hitting a string of 4-5 XIs in a row without even having to Snake Eye.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-12-22 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a jerk. I shoot for all XIs all the time. It costs me and my party buffs sometimes. I admit that.

My gambling addiction hurts the ones I love. It's true. (*'-')

Lol... Ain't that the truth :)

To each their own... I would personally rather have consistently good buffs, then potentially ruin an otherwise good roll going for an 11 each time. In my humblest of opinions, there is nothing wrong with 3 tp per tick regain.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 13:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't ruin anything if you'd use SE. You're just gimping yourself and the party.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 13:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't ruin anything if you'd use SE. You're just gimping yourself and the party.

I think he's talking about me trying to hit XIs all the time.

Edit: truth be told, I honestly only do that in parties about half the time. But when I'm solo it's, pardon the phrase, XI or bust.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-12-22 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I said I traditionally only Snake Eye to get myself off of an 8 when using Tactician's roll. In the event of landing on a 10, I would use Snake Eye if my Fold timer is also up (to save me from a potential unlucky next round).

You're talking about one very specific circumstance here, and the bottom line is no matter what you do you'll never have an 11, or even a lucky roll, on every roll... Maxed Snake Eye merits or not. It's just a statistical impossibility.

I think he's talking about me trying to hit XIs all the time.

Edit: truth be told, I honestly only do that in parties about half the time. But when I'm solo it's, pardon the phrase, XI or bust.

I was referring to your post... I'm a more conservative Corsair. An 11 is nice, of course, but it's unrealistic to expect one every roll.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 13:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*stares*
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-12-22 13:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*stares*

*smiles warmly*
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-12-22 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing I hated about Dice Rolls
Roll a 6? here, have another 6!

almost
every
single
time
:|
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 13:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I said I traditionally only Snake Eye to get myself off of an 8 when using Tactician's roll. In the event of landing on a 10, I would use Snake Eye if my Fold timer is also up (to save me from a potential unlucky next round).

If you roll an XI (including using SE on a X), you cannot bust. Therefor, if you roll unlucky, just keep rolling. If you bust, chances are your PR timer is back up again in 10, 15 seconds at most, because of the boosts given by rolling XI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
one thing I hated about Dice Rolls Roll a 6? here, have another 6! almost every single time :|

The only thing that makes me rage harder than going VI > VI is opening the voidwatch chest and getting another god damn petrified log.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-12-22 13:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have double busted before.

6>6=Bust
6>6=Bust

._. /wrist
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 15:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Further update about the Fold enhancement: with max merits it always erases 2 rolls, the less merits you have, the lower the chance becomes.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 16:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Further update about the Fold enhancement: with max merits it always erases 2 rolls, the less merits you have, the lower the chance becomes.

This would have been useful during the time where you couldn't overwrite an XI and you needed to get your mages' rolls off of you.

Now, not so much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-22 16:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Commodore hat gives 6 seconds for each WS merit you have. So if you have 5 you'll get 30 additional seconds.
MEH.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-22 16:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Pheare said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Well if you have one bad roll, and one bust, and you get rid of both rolls and roll again, you're adding another minute having only 1 roll active.

So is it worth losing 1 minute of a roll in hopes that you get a better roll?

That's situational.

If your pt haven't pop NM just yet, and about to pop it in 1 min, it's fine to have one roll active and aim for better ones.

Or when you're double weak and magical WS deal 0 dmg etc.

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
The Snake Eye thing is nice, but the Fold enhancement is stupid... I've busted on Miser roll (for example) after having nailed a lucky Tactician roll- why the heck would I want something that could potentially negate my original roll too?

If your previous roll is a good number, obviously don't macro it in when you use fold? ._. But it provides a good choice to macro it in when you DO need to fold 2 rolls.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 18:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If your previous roll is a good number, obviously don't macro it in when you use fold? ._. But it provides a good choice to macro it in when you DO need to fold 2 rolls.

No one is arguing that. We're just saying those situations are few and far between.
First Page 2