Xbox No Longer Freezing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Xbox no longer freezing?
Xbox no longer freezing?
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-12-20 06:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I heard from an old ls member that some Xbox players aren't freezing in Voidwatch anymore. Just wondering if I should get my hopes up about completing some of the longer fights or not.
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-12-20 06:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i play on xbox and pc, xbox's still freeze after multiple fights. i just log off > log on after each fight and this stops the problem, never crash during a fight that way although it is hassle.

best fix? play on pc for VW, i only play on xbox on less demanding stuff now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-12-20 07:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan on getting a new pc to play on soon, but I always freeze in vw if the fight lasts more then 15 minutes. I don't mind logging to title screen aslong as I can actually get through the fight.
 Valefor.Caelir
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-12-20 07:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i find that if your gathering time takes a while and ur all standing around the rift for a long period waiting to start, i also freeze.

with logging to the title screen before each fight, ive never frozen once during any long fights, its just a pain to log on and off all the time.

also, i log off before i check the chest, nothing worse than checking the chest, getting xp/cruor then freezing without getting ur contents (this has happened to me once, never again!)
 Bismarck.Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-12-20 07:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I always log out to title before starting, but everytime I try something like Kaggen or Akvan I freeze almost exactly at the 15 minute mark each fight. It's not only me I've sean 1/3 of an allaince lock up on some fights. I really want to start doing it again and getting clears but it's unplayable sometimes.
 Bismarck.Soranika
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-12-26 18:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Logging off then out before every fight helps. If a fight seems to take longer than 15 mins and the nm still has a hefty amount of HP left, I suggest logging off again in the middle of the fight with a warning. If you're going in as a melee job, probably still bound to freeze up.

I play either SMN or WHM, so I tend to have my camera angle away from the action as much as possible. Similar to spending to much time in Besieged.
[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-12-28 04:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Soranika said: »
Logging off then out before every fight helps. If a fight seems to take longer than 15 mins and the nm still has a hefty amount of HP left, I suggest logging off again in the middle of the fight with a warning. If you're going in as a melee job, probably still bound to freeze up.

I play either SMN or WHM, so I tend to have my camera angle away from the action as much as possible. Similar to spending to much time in Besieged.

^ this yes it may seem an inconvenience but its what 360 users have to do until they figure out a way to stop the freezing only thing i find real odd is that i only tend to freeze in Zilart T3 and Jeuno, I did 4 kaggens after the first 2 i had to log and come right back same with qilin oddly enough i did 3 Ig-Alima without freezing and i can do all 3 nation paths without freezing either but yes its either do the log out and come back thing or just forget about VoidWatch.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2011-12-28 04:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on xbox and the logging out thing does work. Also under config settings literally put all your filters on. It stopsthe lag quite a bit but it still means you log out after 1-2 fights to the title screen.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-12-28 10:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the xbox has been freezing for years, they won't ever fix it, it's an xbox issue.

(sure some of the coding doesn't help)

edit: I've played on several xbox's and they all lock up on anything intensive, filters help: some
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-12-28 10:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no need to go logging after each VWNM fight. There are plenty in the box.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-12-28 22:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to config, I believe outside game and I believe set sound effects to 0.

My friend that plays X-box did this and since she did, she has YET to crash and we do VW a lot. Dunno exact specifics or why but hey, if it works for one, who knows!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-28 22:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a post about Xbox Freezing and VW on the forums, JP of course until the NA team comes back from their break jan 3'rd.

Just telling people they are working on a fix.

I would of made the topic along with others but since there isn't going to be a translated version for awhile I decided against it.

Just thought I'd tell you all~ :P
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-28 22:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11619-ヴォイドウォッチの戦闘中にXbox360が頻繁にフリーズします。?p=252767#post252767

122 rate ups lol
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-28 23:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I love going on the official forums.... so I can read posts like.. so what's the point of 6 person parties? Who ever did those anyways? I've never seen one put together for lvling ever!!!!!!!!!!!! *checks day they started playing* Aaaaah it all makes sense now.

Or originalfails thread why I'm quitting. I'm a QQer and gonna cry and act like me quitting will hurt them in the pocket books. Let's see who else is like a baby and come with me on this issue. I love reading those rdm melee forums. Gotta love the rdm using an AJ and Relic hat to dd in... Good stuff
 Siren.Nehalania
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-12-31 14:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My fiance and I are still freezing in voidwatch, so I'm sure it is still a problem for others as well.

Now it won't happen to us every single VW fight, but I can almost guarantee that it happens to us almost every other run we do.
It usually happens to us when we're doing the later tier NMs, like the other day we were doing Kaggens.
We both didn't freeze on the 1st Kaggen, however he froze on the 2nd one and I froze on the 3rd one we did.
Normally it happens to us either when the NMs hp reaches 0, or the chest spawns or we click on the chest or even after we see what's inside chest.
So it's very frustrating to us and I'm sure many other 360 players. It's no fun going to an event with the dread of knowing you'll probably end up freezing and receiving no rewards. The worst part is not knowing what you could've gotten because every time we log back in the chest is already gone and the vortex back up.

I sure hope they fix it soon. I plan on getting a PC one day for us, but we need to handle a few other things first before buying one.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-01-04 06:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@ nehal follow the process of what I have written above. If you do this you wont crash after each mob and it takes one min to do, as long as you let party leaders know what your doing they wont have an issue reinviting you. I am yet to crash and lose rewards doing what I wrote above and I do multiple kagens / T3 nms alot.

Edit: log out to title screen after each fight then log back on, thought I had wrote that also above but i didnt on second glance.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-01-04 06:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah logging in and out works wonders though i think zoning works as well. I did all jeuno t1s in one go over the space of a few hours and not one freeze. Did the same with zilart t1 and all cities and no freezes. Its the fight 4 nms since you stay in the same spot for a while. Though between runs refilling stones/cells i last 1 fight refill and 2 fights of the next run then have to log out. Most of the time you should be able to tell actins will be slow stuff will be jumpy. I do think its a microsoft thing not SE i seem to remember something about it but with beseiged.

Edit: Its mega annoying when on cor because you lose that 11 roll that keeps you from busting on the second roll.
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2012-01-04 07:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have found out if I play music off my HD or usb plugged in while playing cuts down on it freezing aswell.
btw I am using the new xbox
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Torvak
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2012-03-11 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox still freezes, Only in alliance and usually if youve been in a party/ally before you join another ally, it will freeze on you in that 2nd ally. also i get connection returns of r2400+ just before freezing, jerky animations that sometimes slow right down to about 1-0.3 frames per sec. Always near end of besieged, vunkerl (S), la theine(S), uleg(S), Einherjar, Dynamis, HNM like the other night at Pandemonium Wardens last form. It can make your Xbox unable to read discs (open tray error), probably because you have to turn off your xbox without a proper shutdown. I've tried different Xboxs/HDs, about 5 re-installs to no avail. I've now put it down to bad coding by a company who doesnt give a f'. Peace
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-03-27 11:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

well it's official they fixed the freezing issue in voidwatch for 360 i haven't tried besieged yet but last night i did many akvan without having to log off at all ^^.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-27 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice!!! Tired of restarting. My box seems to only freeze in a alliance. Hopefully not so much now.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-27 11:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying VW til I finish these 30 wings of the goddess missions. Cool news though haha!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [95 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-06-30 02:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox still freezing or not?
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-06-30 02:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not anymore can do Campaign,Besieged,and VW without worry of freezing.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 02:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I somehow doubt that, I'll update mine next week and try it out if I'm caught up on my assignments. I bet I can lock up within 3 hours, if I didn't ruin a trace on my old 360 I'd say 45 minutes, but the new ones are slightly better.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-06-30 02:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Test it all you want i'm still playing FFXI on my old white 360 since they did the update i have yet to freeze on anything and that includes double besieged.

Edit: Too lazy to transfer FFXI to the slim lol
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 02:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be a welcome change, it would free up my computer to do other things. Like multibox without alt+tab.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-06-30 02:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah forgot no more freezing in abyssea either!
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-06-30 02:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I never froze in vw before on xbox
First Page 2