Last Stand for Corsair
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-16 06:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds overkill, although my experience lacks Gallu and Botolus(on which I'd probably use WF anyway so I don't know if I'd care); I used much less than that on LS(only clearview, libeccio and ele belt/neck)and still had a near cap land rate -I never used Hunter also.
Gunman is a very good piece anyway, I have nothing to say against it.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-16 07:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Gunman's might actually be superior to tessera in many situations. I'm not hardcore COR myself, but even with capped marks merits, capped AGI merits, and lots of ranged accuracy, last stand is still pretty inaccurate on COR. If you're just fighting fodder mobs then tessera obviously wins, but in uncapped accuracy situations--which seem to be quite common on COR--gunman's would be the way to go.

According to my experience,
Gunman or T.abj HQ/NQ, Thaumas 4/5, Hajduk ring x1 or 2(depending on the number of hunters), Pot-Au-Feu, hunters roll, and you should be able to land LS on most of the mob in this game. Maybe not something like Ixion in legion, everything else should be fine~

Pretty much this. I have no issues using tessera on cor besides what was stated but everyone has minor difficulties with ixion there. As Seha said, nothing against gunman's but imo tessera wins

edit: btw kheper body? wut?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 07:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sounds overkill, although my experience lacks Gallu and Botolus(on which I'd probably use WF anyway so I don't know if I'd care); I used much less than that on LS(only clearview, libeccio and ele belt/neck)and still had a near cap land rate -I never used Hunter also.
Gunman is a very good piece anyway, I have nothing to say against it.

Well my experience is that I had some trouble on PW and some higher tier legion mob without hunter and racc swap(I'm ok on wave1, but wave 2+ I noticed some hit miss if I don't get more racc somewhere). After tweaking the gear set pushing the threshold between racc and dmg,that's the most comfortable zone I can get.

But I also use LS quite a lot in every event, including some of the higher evasion mob such as PW, Honestly I find it hard to believe that full dmg LS set with no racc swap allow you to hit everything in legion/watcher without hunter, it's either you're lucky, or my character just has natural racc- trait ;(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 07:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Gunman's might actually be superior to tessera in many situations. I'm not hardcore COR myself, but even with capped marks merits, capped AGI merits, and lots of ranged accuracy, last stand is still pretty inaccurate on COR. If you're just fighting fodder mobs then tessera obviously wins, but in uncapped accuracy situations--which seem to be quite common on COR--gunman's would be the way to go.

According to my experience,
Gunman or T.abj HQ/NQ, Thaumas 4/5, Hajduk ring x1 or 2(depending on the number of hunters), Pot-Au-Feu, hunters roll, and you should be able to land LS on most of the mob in this game. Maybe not something like Ixion in legion, everything else should be fine~

Pretty much this. I have no issues using tessera on cor besides what was stated but everyone has minor difficulties with ixion there. As Seha said, nothing against gunman's but tessera wins

Can you post a legion/provenance watcher parse, alone with your set with T.saio, your last stand hit rate(including the half miss one), and your BRD COR buff + food? Because if you're using saio, then you gonna sacrifice dmg for racc somewhere, and there are rarely other good slot to sacrifice besides ring and alruna. Not saying T.saio is bad, just that body is actually quite an easy slot to sacrifice IMO(T.abj HQ/NQ is pretty good too)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 07:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ body:
STR+12 DEX+12 AGI+12 Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+19

T.saio:
STR+13 DEX+13 AGI+13 Attack+17 Ranged Attack+17

Gunman
STR+5 AGI+10 Ranged Accuracy+15 Ranged Attack+15

If your last stand racc isn't capped, it's a pretty solid body swap compare with other alternatives. Obviously HQ is the best in terms of dmg and racc need. But if you have HQ, you wouldn't be using/discussing about T.saio to begin with.

Again, until I see a legion/prov parse with data for LS hit rate and full set/buff/food used, I'm not convinced that only getting racc from back/Pot-au-feu and WS gorget/belt is enough.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-16 07:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In prov, i usually stick to wf ranging from 2.8-3.5k avg *depending on which cata, some resist more than others* & on watcher i avg 2.8k wf's. I could use last stand there but why would i waste extra money with HL bullets/rcb to do maybe 300 more dmg per ws?

In Legion, 97% of the time im rng & the 2 times ive gone cor i was buffing the rng pt. Which means hunters+chaos/minuets + pot-au-feu+1. Ofc since we're ixion is mentioned, im assuming we're talking about lesser halls?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 07:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In prov, i usually stick to wf ranging from 2.8-3.5k avg *depending on which cata, some resist more than others* & on watcher i avg 2.8k wf's. I could use last stand there but why would i waste extra money with HL bullets/rcb to do maybe 300 more dmg per ws?

In Legion, 97% of the time im rng & the 2 times ive gone cor i was buffing the rng pt. Which means hunters+chaos/minuets + pot-au-feu+1. Ofc since we're ixion is mentioned, im assuming we're talking about lesser halls?

So you do have hunters in legion overall, and in fact enhanced hunter. Again, it depend on how much racc you already have, the mob you fight and number you rolled. you may cap WS acc with just enhanced hunter if you don't roll unlucky, but other body option for racc swap isn't bad either.

Last stand is a bit stronger than WF on watcher too, and not THAT expensive if the fight end in 2 min or less.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-16 08:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So you do have hunters in legion overall, and in fact enhanced hunter. Again, it depend on how much racc you already have, the mob you fight and number you rolled. you may cap WS acc with just enhanced hunter if you don't roll unlucky, but other body option for racc swap isn't bad either.

Last stand is a bit stronger than WF on watcher too, and not THAT expensive if the fight end in 2 min or less.

Yes, i do have enhanced hunters throughout the run. I dont see how that would come as a surprise, i didnt deny that fact. Im good with cor rolls, i always stick to lucky/11. Yes the rng acc could still benefit me, but like i said in lesser halls i dont see the need. Ive adapted to my situation when i go cor & that just happens to have tessera over other options.

About watcher, I def believe and have seen my LS's doing more dmg. But is there a point to it? I could go switch most of my atmacites & be geared towards LS, but is that going to help me win the parse? nope. Is that little extra dmg going to mean the difference between a win & a loss for something as weak as watcher? Highly doubt it when compared to the other fully buffed DD's available.

NQ body:
STR+12 DEX+12 AGI+12 Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+19

T.saio:
STR+13 DEX+13 AGI+13 Attack+17 Ranged Attack+17

Gunman
STR+5 AGI+10 Ranged Accuracy+15 Ranged Attack+15

If your last stand racc isn't capped, it's a pretty solid body swap compare with other alternatives. Obviously HQ is the best in terms of dmg and racc need. But if you have HQ, you wouldn't be using/discussing about T.saio to begin with.

Again, until I see a legion/prov parse with data for LS hit rate and full set/buff/food used, I'm not convinced that only getting racc from back/Pot-au-feu and WS gorget/belt is enough.

Wasting ~1M on the nq body vs free gunman gambison rly isnt an argument to me. Id much rather save my abj for the 1 day that i have everything i want & i feel comfortable enough to aim for the hq. Then again, i dont nq any abj's really, just looks cheap.

next time i have the chance to cor, ill get that data.
 Cerberus.Orthanc
Server: Cerberus
user: Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 10:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol guess i started a minor pissing match ive no access to NNI gear nor have i ever seen prov put out on cerb there is maby 1 prov run a month i can catch and nobody does legion hardly i had to buy the gunmans for 4.5m and i dont have acces to wildfire yet my arma is only 80 i hate soloing so its not gonna get finished anytime soon~ typical laststand numbers float around 3k with my current set (below) useing pot-o-fu and tp bonus+100 gun on most VW mobs including watcher. n yeah cerb is that bad about runs im lucky to see 1 qilin run a week ><

Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-16 11:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kudzu is a pretty common drop to replace gunman's with if you don't need the r.acc. Also drops abj. for legs, and emp upgrade items to sell.
 Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 12:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

kudzu? link <yes please> ^^
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-16 12:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For future reference -
 Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ty
 Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 12:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

tryed that m8 ffxiah dont have drop data so i had to use bg
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-16 12:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

AH gives you all the links on the item page -

Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 12:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ty agin lol
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2012-11-24 21:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Orthanc said: »
lol guess i started a minor pissing match ive no access to NNI gear nor have i ever seen prov put out on cerb there is maby 1 prov run a month i can catch and nobody does legion hardly i had to buy the gunmans for 4.5m and i dont have acces to wildfire yet my arma is only 80 i hate soloing so its not gonna get finished anytime soon~ typical laststand numbers float around 3k with my current set (below) useing pot-o-fu and tp bonus+100 gun on most VW mobs including watcher. n yeah cerb is that bad about runs im lucky to see 1 qilin run a week ><

It will take you 2-3 days max to do CC. Find a Warrior friend to proc red, and just tank the NMs with your BST. I did it in a weekend.

The issue is is that that linkshell you're in isn't going to help you. Threshold is so bad at this game, and any decent player that was in that LS, left, or doesn't give a ***, because they're done with their stuff.

Find someone to do CC with, split the drops, you'll get it finished in no time.

Oh, and if you want to do VW, make your own shout. I still needed Tav tier 1, and guess what I did? sigh..... I made my own shout, and got it done! No way! It's like players years ago waiting around for a party invite, instead of putting together their own. You want to get stuff done? Stop being lazy and just do it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3663 days between previous and next post]
By vanquished 2022-12-05 14:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested Nyame body R25 vs Ikenga Vest R25. I’m not sure if the extra TP bonus on the body would be significant benefit, just curious before I rp it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Roczilla 2023-01-22 17:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice Necro! and you might be able to run the numbers through the new AI WS and Spell calc.