Last Stand for Corsair
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-01 06:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Huge difference between the beetle and qilin lol. I wouldn't compare the two in terms of evasion. Cor should be able to use curry buns vs qilin with no issues. You have aggressor and stalwart's tonic. Should be dead within 3m anyway.

Yes, changed food to RCB on Qilinx4 today for Last Stand, got a bit better result. No racc issue on it at all. Can safely use RCB on all T3 I believe.

Someone else was parsing:

low/high/avg
2369/3750/2976.86
2984/3271/3203.00
2318/3225/2803.29
2243/3136/2854.00
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-01 06:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like ill be investing my merits into Last Stand for Cor. ^_^
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-02-01 07:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the set earrings be better compared to racc+8 ratt+4 stp+2? Havent been able to get either earring yet and what atmacites you guys using ive always used wildfire most of the time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-01 07:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's better.
Discipline atmacite should be always there, Coercion I think is a good choice for the second one.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-02-01 07:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah always use discipline 60%+ tp return from ws is sexiness. Looks like ill need to level up that atmacite some more been focusing on upgrading slayer to 15.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 10:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye; Discipline and Coercion are my standard combo for just about everything. But I'm DD all the way, more or less. Though I've heard that Coercion isn't always the best second DD atmacite depending on what you're fighting for pure damage, but I like the regain/etc. for proc'ing purposes.

Same goes for your rolls, really. Tactician's will be Corsair's best second roll along w/ Miser's for DD purposes (with Wildfire, anyhow), but for your DD party's pure DD needs (or for yourself if using Last Stand), Chaos is better than Tactician's in many cases.

But again, pure damage vs. utility. The only time I really use Chaos is fighting the T6 Jeunos because otherwise, the regain is more helpful on keeping proc spam up.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-02-01 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Same id rather keep tacts up for quicker procs really rather than having chaos.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 10:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Same id rather keep tacts up for quicker procs really rather than having chaos.

On the really big mobs Chaos is more beneficial, especially if you can hit white and a string of ws staggers with people's main weapons/magic.

Otherwise, I find tactician's more expedient for fights you can burn through pretty quick anyhow.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-01 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mostly a matter of lazyness. Considered that no one asks us to shoot for damage, we can just use cheap bullets for tp purposes, as getting to 100 is really not hard at all. With triple shot up it's even instant.

Or tactician is also very useful if your group is gimp like mine and dds are off the nm for almost the whole fight <_<"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 10:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
It's mostly a matter of lazyness. Considered that no one asks us to shoot for damage, we can just use cheap bullets for tp purposes, as getting to 100 is really not hard at all. With triple shot up it's even instant. Or tactician is also very useful if you're group is gimp like mine and dds are off the nm for almost the whole fight <_<"

You said "lazy," I said "expedient and efficient."

If semantics were an art medium I'd be DaVinci

Or M.C. Escher.

Either way.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-18 00:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rolled a No.11 chaos and broke 4.4k on Pil today.

with this set:

Food:RCB song=double min Regain + save TP+20 atmacite both lv 15. Using vulcan's instead of Nguul for extra QD dmg for Pil's shield. Not sure if Angon was used.

Not a perfect set and missing some of the WS pieces, also planning to test Alruna v.s Athos hands. But a bit more work this WS has potential to break 5k in VW =D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Verina
Server: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-03-19 01:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit of a necro bump, but trying to get some feedback before I spend 30 +2 items.

Commodore Frac +2 or Athos Tabard for Last Stand? Using Loki's right now, can get frac immediately. Having trouble getting Athos atm.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-19 01:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Verina said: »
Bit of a necro bump, but trying to get some feedback before I spend 30 +2 items.

Commodore Frac +2 or Athos Tabard for Last Stand? Using Loki's right now, can get frac immediately. Having trouble getting Athos atm.

im no math whiz but at 100(85)% agi mod, i'd bet athos would win
 Carbuncle.Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-03-19 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
im no math whiz but at 100(85)% agi mod, i'd bet athos would win

True, but like Exenterator I am wondering if Last Stand benefits just as much from the str/ratk as it does from the agi mod, or at least at what point does adding enough str/ratk equalize the agi mod.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-21 06:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Verina said: »

I've tested both Loki and Athos in T3 VW, Athos body seems to > Loki. But I was subbing /WAR with RCB, having Chaos roll with DRK, and always have BRD sing at least 2 min(3 if empy BRD), with all the temps and attack buffs and such, maybe attack is capped thus making rattk not worth as much.

I also tested both Alruna hands and Athos's hands, Athos's hands seems to have better performance too, maybe for the same reason.

Athos body > Loki > relic+2 body I believe
 Carbuncle.Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-03-21 20:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I've tested both Loki and Athos in T3 VW, Athos body seems to > Loki. But I was subbing /WAR with RCB, having Chaos roll with DRK, and always have BRD sing at least 2 min(3 if empy BRD), with all the temps and attack buffs and such, maybe attack is capped thus making rattk not worth as much.

I also tested both Alruna hands and Athos's hands, Athos's hands seems to have better performance too, maybe for the same reason.

Athos body > Loki > relic+2 body I believe

Thats what i was looking for, thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Quiznor 2012-04-24 12:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question,looking at most people's standard tp/ra sets,is subbing out Vulcan's for Mekki Shakki (if that + grip makes or breaks your build) for 5hit if you're gonna be using nothing but Last Stand?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-24 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to regain being there quite often(roller's ring, monarch's drink, moonshade earring if you went that way, or simply tactician's roll)precise x-hits aren't that important for us, I wouldn't trade vulcan's(actually nguul is the ideal weapon).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [204 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Orthanc
Server: Cerberus
user: Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-14 00:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

need a opinion on earrings i have tp bonus/ratt on the moonshade but im at a impass on the 2nd ear clearview or a agi ear any thoughts ?
had to go back n add my setup cuz im a noob n forgot how to add item sets \o/

Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-14 00:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally trust Helel for all things ranged and they went with agi+4, although it's on RNG I would think the same principles apply.

For what it's worth -

and in Cor form
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2012-11-14 00:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair thread.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-14 00:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"although it's on RNG I would think the same principles apply.

For what it's worth"

[+]
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-11-15 07:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fowler's mantle +1 is also a possible upgrade over terebellum mantle.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-15 08:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
I generally trust Helel for all things ranged and they went with agi+4, although it's on RNG I would think the same principles apply.

For what it's worth -

and in Cor form

Body for cor form should be Tessera which is still a downgrade from Khepri body, but as most ppl know that 50M+ body isnt a very practical aim.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-15 08:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair#gear
i'd imagine Sehachan may answer your question already? C: this guide is pretty amazing, I just saw it last night.
[+]
 Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 01:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sadly im on cerb Tessera/khepri and nni gear dosnt exist so im stuck with gunmans in the above set. thanks on the earring input tho apreciate it!
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-16 03:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

for what its worth, u can check my gear on my profile. i followed seha guide pretty much. its not the highest end gear,but I'm happy with the numbers i,m getting on Last Stand, while working on Arma. also if u get a chance, since ur on Cerb, check Vipan. he's pimpCor and helped me just last weekend on a couple directions i need to go. also keep in mind, what im showing has a few melee pcs. while im doing the trials and im not sporting much MaB/magacc gear either.
 Cerberus.Orthanc
By Cerberus.Orthanc 2012-11-16 04:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

seas guide is full of info but alot of the stuff isnt ideal to a guy that is forced to solo alot of his stuff my server is dead and pug's are next to non existant ; ; i realy need a new server but id imagen almost all of them are prety much dead now.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-16 05:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunman's might actually be superior to tessera in many situations. I'm not hardcore COR myself, but even with capped marks merits, capped AGI merits, and lots of ranged accuracy, last stand is still pretty inaccurate on COR. If you're just fighting fodder mobs then tessera obviously wins, but in uncapped accuracy situations--which seem to be quite common on COR--gunman's would be the way to go.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 05:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Gunman's might actually be superior to tessera in many situations. I'm not hardcore COR myself, but even with capped marks merits, capped AGI merits, and lots of ranged accuracy, last stand is still pretty inaccurate on COR. If you're just fighting fodder mobs then tessera obviously wins, but in uncapped accuracy situations--which seem to be quite common on COR--gunman's would be the way to go.

According to my experience,
Gunman or T.abj HQ/NQ, Thaumas 4/5, Hajduk ring x1 or 2(depending on the number of hunters), Pot-Au-Feu, hunters roll, and you should be able to land LS on most of the mob in this game. Maybe not something like Ixion in legion, everything else should be fine~