Forgotten Hope in Xarcabard / Tavnazia
Forgotten Thought in Glacier / Tavnazia
 Carbuncle.Seankp
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Seankp
By Carbuncle.Seankp 2011-12-15 11:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I upgraded my Assassin's Armlets +2 last night, was the very first thing I did when I finished the level cap quest.

In Dynamis-Valk, *all* nightmare mobs drop Forgotten Touches, seems that is the only Forgotten item to drop in Valk. The drop rate is much lower on the lower level mobs. In total, 2 friends plus myself managed to farm 310 currency and 29 Forgotten Touches last night in a single run, almost all of it exclusively off the higher level Nightmare Mobs.

I ended up just buying the last Forgotten Touch I needed for 80k out of a random Bazaar, gogo Placebo+7... I mean TH+7!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-12-19 20:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

makes you wonder.... is empyrean possible +3able at some point?
By Powerslave 2011-12-19 20:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure they said somewhere that they didn't plan on doing +3 empyrean any time soon.

And I hope they don't :x
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2011-12-20 04:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found the drop rate on the Forgotten 'xxx' awful so far. First run a total of 13 dropped, second run a total of 9 dropped. Both in Valk, with a four man grouping getting TH 6/7 at least on it. 99% of them were proc'd.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit - Fighting the higher level Nightmare mobs also.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-12-20 05:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider the addition of relic +2 upgrades that require Forgotten memories, and +1 relic armor trial item requirements that requires 20 less of the memoires than NQ relic armor, I've been thinking about the limbus NPC now because of it. I really think they should lower the wait time of upgrading NQ relic armor into +1 from day of Conquest Tally to just until Japanese Midnite so it only takes 1 earth day instead of a whole week of waiting, that way you'd save more gil and/or time just collecting 30 forgotten memories instead of 50.

Any thoughts?
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-12-20 05:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Consider the addition of relic +2 upgrades that require Forgotten memories, and +1 relic armor trial item requirements that requires 20 less of the memoires than NQ relic armor, I've been thinking about the limbus NPC now because of it. I really think they should lower the wait time of upgrading NQ relic armor into +1 from day of Conquest Tally to just until Japanese Midnite so it only takes 1 earth day instead of a whole week of waiting, that way you'd save more gil and/or time just collecting 30 forgotten memories instead of 50.

Any thoughts?

Because we can bypass the -1 step by getting 20 more forgotten items, I see no reason for lowering the wait time to upgrade to +1 before going for +2. In fact, in terms of relic +2 upgrades, I like that. It makes it a bit more challenging (maybe) to upgrade several pieces to +2.

That said, I do agree with your point IF applied to AF upgrades. Put Relic and AF on different timers and lower AF upgrade time. Not that much AF +1 is relevant anymore, but still... sharing a timer with relic +1 AND that timer being a week...

At least we can mule the AF limbus items now, so maybe I shouldn't complain... but still... to upgrade every piece on every job would take 100 weeks (nearly 2 years).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-03-02 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find a use for Relic +2, Full time or even macro parts?

Eca