Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » equipment swap macros
equipment swap macros
By finiteHP 2011-12-03 20:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a problem with an equipment swap. I use monster signa in my charm macro and when I use a macro so swap back my axes I get a message of "you can only equip a sub-weapon when your main weapon is a one-handed weapon" so I have to press the macro twice to get both axes. Anyway to avoid this?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-03 20:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Have your other gear swaps in between your two axes.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-12-03 20:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try splitting up the lines macroing in the axes. If you're macroing some other pieces of gear, like a DD belt/rings/neck versus a Charm one, put one axe before it all, and one last.

While it's all pretty much split second, sometimes you need to give the system that fraction of a second to recognize that something is equipped there. You'll run into the same problem if you try to macro two of the same name ring or earring back to back.
 Carbuncle.Ragnar
Server: Carbuncle
user: finiteHP
By Carbuncle.Ragnar 2011-12-03 21:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I should put this in my first post, but I already have the main axe in the first line of the macro and the sub axe as the last line of the macro with the other equipment between them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-03 21:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a delay of about 1 second (account for lag if necessary) after equipping your main weapon when adding a sub slot item if switching from 1hander to 2hander or vice versa. Game engine limitations :\
 Carbuncle.Ragnar
Server: Carbuncle
user: finiteHP
By Carbuncle.Ragnar 2011-12-03 21:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I have to have my second axe a completely separate macro then.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-03 21:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Or don't use the in-game macro lines :x but that's a whole different situation.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-03 21:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Or don't use the in-game macro lines :x but that's a whole different situation.
Unfortunately this is not a limitation that Windower/Spellcast will bypass the way it's currently set up. It's been mentioned though, so we might see a better setup down the line. This would also eliminate the issues with quickly swapping from one piece to another then back again (hi2u RDM/WHM bodies for example) occasionally leaving you in the second piece.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-03 21:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It can bypass it with enough gear in between the two equipment.

Also repeating the gear at the end 2-3 times will give enough of a buffer to allow it. (not all the equipment, just the main/sub)

I use it in any of my spellcast's that run into this problem with main/sub weapons or duplicate earrings/rings.

It works for me at least.

You could also set up a fake spell (like, if you are on BST and you cast a BRD song) you can set up a command cycle to equip a set and wait 1 sec then equip the other weapon.

These aren't simple solutions but they work.