Numbing Shot Vs Slugshot Outside Abyssea...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Numbing Shot vs Slugshot outside Abyssea...
Numbing Shot vs Slugshot outside Abyssea...
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-11-23 12:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just getting back into using my cor now that I got it geared the way I always wanted it to be, and I want to know the difference between these two OUTSIDE of abyssea. Numbing shot worth anything? I assume its a lot more accurate, letting you stack the ***out of RATK as oppose to RACC. Thoughts?
 Ragnarok.Shaay
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2011-11-23 13:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you doing outside of Abyssea? VW? Don't forget Numbing is a close range Weaponskill. So you better be carefull about running in. should use Leaden salute or Slugshot over, with your marksmanship over 400 skill now, you shouln't really miss!

Inb4 this turns into a wildfire thread.
But all seriousness, the WOE version is very simple to make, and so is Armageddon itself. Wildfire is hands down hax for Cor to have.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-23 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

WF should be a given.
But anyway, without that I'd still use Leaden salute. But if you need a physical one, Slug is still way superior to Numbing, although it can be annoying for the malus.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-23 13:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire shot.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-11-23 13:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shaay said: »
What are you doing outside of Abyssea? VW? Don't forget Numbing is a close range Weaponskill. So you better be carefull about running in. should use Leaden salute or Slugshot over, with your marksmanship over 400 skill now, you shouln't really miss!

But all seriousness, the WOE version is very simple to make, and so is Armageddon itself. Wildfire is hands down hax for Cor to have.

Except the WoE versions are more a PITA to make than abyssea ones, and right now making an armegeddon is a non-priority, I rather help friends get their empyreans before I give myself a second.

As for LS, haven't really tried that outside abyssea lately.

At any rate, I was actually looking AT the close range as using a Merc Kris/Joytoy/Kclub/Whatever and WS spam, which in close range slugshot is teh suck due to accuracy hit. I was wondering how it compared in the situation where you are melee TPing.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-23 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know when exactly you'd be melee tp'ing outside abyssea...but anyway Leaden/Slug>Numbing. Numbing isn't that bad anyway, damage is decent and has a utility with paralyze which can be followed by an Ice shot to further enhance it. But meh.
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2011-11-23 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »

Except the WoE versions are more a PITA to make than abyssea ones, and right now making an armegeddon is a non-priority, I rather help friends get their empyreans before I give myself a second.

At any rate, I was actually looking AT the close range as using a Merc Kris/Joytoy/Kclub/Whatever and WS spam, which in close range slugshot is teh suck due to accuracy hit. I was wondering how it compared in the situation where you are melee TPing.

only problem is 90% of stuff outside abyssea is VW, and as Cor you would never melee ;/. WOE since its update is amazing, i was able to finish 2 sets of 30 coins in like 4 days, going in like 3 times a day, mostly just F'n around lol. if your serious about melee and being upclose, Leaden salute OR Evisceration would win proably.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2011-11-23 13:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

IF you're doing VW Miser's Roll and Tactician's Roll is what you'll be doing . So TP with Quick Draw or wait till you have TP. If you are melee by some chance, most likely you'll be fighting something EP to maybe VT so Slugshot should land. All else Leaden Salute probably going to your best/accurate ws unless you're fighting something with darkness resists.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-23 14:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you doing outside of Abyssea? VW? Don't forget Numbing is a close range Weaponskill. So you better be carefull about running in. should use Leaden salute or Slugshot over, with your marksmanship over 400 skill now, you shouln't really miss! Inb4 this turns into a wildfire thread. But all seriousness, the WOE version is very simple to make, and so is Armageddon itself. Wildfire is hands down hax for Cor to have.
Except the WoE versions are more a PITA to make than abyssea ones, and right now making an armegeddon is a non-priority, I rather help friends get their empyreans before I give myself a second. As for LS, haven't really tried that outside abyssea lately. At any rate, I was actually looking AT the close range as using a Merc Kris/Joytoy/Kclub/Whatever and WS spam, which in close range slugshot is teh suck due to accuracy hit. I was wondering how it compared in the situation where you are melee TPing.
only problem is 90% of stuff outside abyssea is VW, and as Cor you would never melee ;/. WOE since its update is amazing, i was able to finish 2 sets of 30 coins in like 4 days, going in like 3 times a day, mostly just F'n around lol. if your serious about melee and being upclose, Leaden salute OR Evisceration would win proably.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-11-23 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-23 15:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken sounds fitting for a pirate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.