[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief Info)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 17:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Asura.Zart said: »
well at least with Neveah I got some decent criticism where as everyone else just gives me silent criticism which really doesn't help me make adjustments.

It took you 211 days to read criticism about a dumb idea for a THF 2hr?

Instead of saying "how about a 2hour ability that triple attacks all attacks for the next minute," to which some people might say is broken but could possibly build off that idea, you picked... Sneak. And Invisible. For two minutes.

Silent Oil and Prism Powder would like to have a word with you.

And how would your idea be any different from hundred fist really. Isn't their a reason why thief and monk have different two hours, then why suggest something the would suggest the same role.

And seriously Thief is a soloing job, why would you give it an ability it could use to "kill this fast" when, there is about a half dozen other jobs that can do it better.

My reasoning for such an ability would be for avoiding potential aggro. I took an existing thief ability Hide, and i said. what if this could work on anything i wanted. Sure the amateur is going to shine on anything that isn't hundred fists, where the true gamer is going to realize that I can have some fun with this.

Mizuharu said:
OH great king of the internet Mizuharu I forever must update everything because i obviously have nothing else better to do ever.
No, it does not take me 211 days to read something.
No, it does not take me 211 days to make adjustments.
But seriously your a jerk.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-23 18:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If there were any doubts about you after that original post - or a brief glance at your avatar - you've successfully dispelled them some seven months later. Bravo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-07-23 18:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just really hoping Ninja's new 2hr will not be a waste of a revit when procing white in Voidwatch, Berserk and Warcry recast timers arnt worth it lol.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-23 18:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

he was buttdevastated for 211 days
[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-07-23 18:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not much of a thf player but Id rather have a 2hr that instantly applies your current th level +2. Currently on things youd want th on now is dead before I can even apply it.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

well at least with Neveah I got some decent criticism where as everyone else just gives me silent criticism which really doesn't help me make adjustments.

Instead of saying "how about a 2hour ability that triple attacks all attacks for the next minute," to which some people might say is broken but could possibly build off that idea, you picked... Sneak. And Invisible. For two minutes.

Silent Oil and Prism Powder would like to have a word with you.

And how would your idea be any different from hundred fist really. Isn't their a reason why thief and monk have different two hours, then why suggest something the would suggest the same role.

And seriously Thief is a soloing job, why would you give it an ability it could use to "kill this fast" when, there is about a half dozen other jobs that can do it better.

My reasoning for such an ability would be for avoiding potential aggro. I took an existing thief ability Hide, and i said. what if this could work on anything i wanted. Sure the amateur is going to shine on anything that isn't hundred fists, where the true gamer is going to realize that I can have some fun with this.

Mizuharu said:
OH great king of the internet Mizuharu I forever must update everything because i obviously have nothing else better to do ever.
No, it does not take me 211 days to read something.
No, it does not take me 211 days to make adjustments.
But seriously your a jerk.

you're*

And I may be a jerk, but at least I wouldn't suggest Perfect Stealth as a 2hr when I can spend ~40k on ~10min Sneak/Invis whenever I want.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-23 18:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Long as we're talking about THF 2hr, I want perma-SA/TA status, even if it only applies to WSs, for 30-60 seconds <_<
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 18:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
or a brief glance at your avatar

well from the looks of your avatar it seems like I should continue to type this because.. yeah that's it, deal with it.

Nightfyre, you don't know anything about me, and I find it very rude when you assume that you do. I enjoy talking to everyone, including you. I must say, It really isn't as enjoyable when people are angry and there is no reason to be angry. As you know and as everyone knows in the topic, haters going to hate.

The problem truly is you can't make everyone happy. Everyone is crying for thief to get hundred fists, and I have to wonder why. If you want hundred fists so, bad go play monk. I really wish I could get a group of individuals together that would be willing to discuss the game we play, strategies that work, detailed analysis of gear sets, balance amongst jobs, Like a real radio show. I know other radio shows do exist but it seem to me like they didn't care.

I'm fully willing to expose people as who they are if Mizuharu or you are going to insult me. I will address the matter as I see fit.

does it make you feel so big insulting what represents me in a forum?
what are you 16?
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 18:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:

well from the looks of your avatar it seems like I should continue to type this because.. yeah that's it, deal with it.

Nightfyre, you don't know anything about me, and I find it very rude when you assume that you do. I enjoy talking to everyone, including you. I must say, It really isn't as enjoyable when people are angry and there is no reason to be angry. As you know and as everyone knows in the topic, haters going to hate.

The problem truly is you can't make everyone happy. Everyone is crying for thief to get hundred fists, and I have to wonder why. If you want hundred fists so, bad go play monk. I really wish I could get a group of individuals together that would be willing to discuss the game we play, strategies that work, detailed analysis of gear sets, balance amongst jobs, Like a real radio show. I know other radio shows do exist but it seem to me like they didn't care.

I'm fully willing to expose people as who they are if Mizuharu or you are going to insult me. I will address the matter as I see fit.

does it make you feel so big insulting what represents me in a forum?
what are you 16?

lol, when did I "cry" for "hundred fists" on THF? I had said, and I quote...

I even said it is already a broken idea, but could use that as a base to build off it. I never went "THIS HAS TO BE THE NEW 2HR OR I'M GONNA RANT ALL OVER FFXIAH/BG ABOUT IT AND LOOK LIKE A TOOL"

Btw you're sounding more like a tool by the minute. :x

PS: I'm 22 and I say what I say because I'm honest. Brutally honest.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 19:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ihina said:
Long as we're talking about THF 2hr, I want perma-SA/TA status, even if it only applies to WSs, for 30-60 seconds <_<

Well, when we have this we essentially have a 2 hour similar to Mighty Strikes. Every 2hour that has been made has been significantly different then every other 2 hour ability.

So really asking Thief to get Mighty Strikes is like asking paladin to get Meikyo Shisui and I don't find it to be realistic. I realize your taking into account you'll be able to manage hate via trick attacks with this ability, which makes it interesting and kind of a polar opposite of Perfect dodge.

I just figure maybe the thief 2 hour ability should be about thievery..

^^^^^^^^^^
In response to Mizuharu's text above:

I'd like you to read this over again
Mizuharu said:

tell me that isn't an insult.
yes, I'm mad. I found this offensive, unproductive to my progress and negative so, I responded with telling you how it is. You're being a jerk. I think you should have saided something like, "maybe i shouldn't have made a statement like that," but you would rather drag it on.

The age comment was meant to be directed towards Nightfyre because of his childish behavior. To me it just seems like he insulted my method of writing, and how I organize data that I write and my preference on the picture I choose to display next to each post I submit to this forum. In the first case, my method of writing is important to me but, I've always free written whatever I felt like and yet I may not be the most educated writer in the world. I try to make what I write as clear and eligible as possible. As for the second comment towards the avatar, clearly an insult so I won't even address it.

All I did is post in this topic and start talking. You can dislike my ideas, but I'd like to know simply why. A lot of people make comments that are entirely too short, such as certain people just say "No," or "Ew," comes to mind.

Instead of saying "I dislike it because a reason," or, "I dislike it because I think this is a better idea instead."
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 19:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheelay said:
he was buttdevastated for 211 days

Yeah and you seem to be as smart as the amount of letters you typed.

Celeana said:
oh you too?

Not sure if I typed this into the topic already but here you go, again I am always considering adjustments and in the process of making them so if you would please:

I adjusted Thief, Warrior, Dragoon, Corsair and Ninja.
I'm planning on making adjustments to Scholar and Dark Knight. I am just not entirely sure on how at the moment.
At the moment my thoughts are. Scholar should get a Unlimited stratagem type 2hour ability.
looking at Dark Knights logically I can only really see them obtaining a hate shedding ability. I don't know why so many people look at this disgusted just because it's not "cool" enough. Anyways discuss!

Warrior "Mighty Guard"=Grants the user -25% Phyisical and Magical damage taken, Increases the users Attack and Defense by 25% The duration is 1 minute.

Thief "Lurker's Pilfery"= Grants the user a substianal steal and treasure hunter bonus, for 1 minute. (Doubles all treasure hunter procs and accuracy to steal.)

Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds.

White mage "Divination"= Removes Weakness effect from all party members within range of the effect.

Red Mage "Essence Rune"=the user gains 10 Accuracy, gains an Enspell bonus and the user's party gains a refresh effect of 8 mp every 3 seconds. The duration of the effect is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Black mage "Evocation"= Increases Magic Burst bonus, Magic Attack Bonus, reduces the user's enmity by 10 and sets all the recasts of spells to 0:00.
The Duration is 1 minute.

Paladin "Temperance"= Doubles the user's Hit points and targeted member gains the effect of cover.
The duration is 2 minutes

Dark Knight "Dark Intent"= Lowers most of the user's enmity, then reduces enmity generation for 1 minute based on HP.
if the users HP greater then 76% = no reduction in enmity
if the users HP is greater then 51% but, less then or equal to 75% = reduces 25% enmity produced.
if the users HP is greater then 26% but, less then or equal to 50% = reduces 35% enmity produced.
if the users HP is less then 25% = reduces 50% enmity produced.

Bard "Fortissimo"= All players in the user's alliance gain the effect of bard songs, sung by the user (even if they are not in the party)
The Duration is 30 seconds.

Beast Master "Primal Instinct"= reduces the amount of damage the user's pet takes by 50% , the duration is 2 minutes.

Ranger "Sneak Shot"= Cripples target defense, evasion and adds a high potency gravity effects. Reduces your Enmity based on total range from that target.
Duration of effect is 2 minutes.

Samurai "Fury Brand"= Grants the user two new weaponskills to his/her list: "Archery"=>Oisoya "Great Katana"=>Amatsu: Tsukikage
for the next 30 seconds. If the user skillchains them together it causes a skillchain "Cosmic Elucidation"
which lowers all resistance and evasion of the monster. In addition it can be magic bursted with any element.

Ninja "Frog Hermet"= Causes a giant frog to be summoned to help aid you in battle.
The AI programmed to not use TP moves unless, the master has greater then 100% Technique points. The Frog also has a substianial regain effect (6TP/3seconds).

Uses Great Katana TP moves, this includes:
Tachi:Enpi
Tachi:Hobaku
Tachi:Goten
Tacchi:Kagero
Tachi:Jinpu
Tachi:Ageha

Also uses Frog based Abilities, this includes:
Water Bomb - 10' AoE water damage
Frog Cheer - AoE Magic Attack Boost and Elemental Seal effect.
Magic Hammer - Single-target light based magic damage and MP drain effect equal to damge dealt.

Dragoon "Dragon Heart"= the user's Wvyern grows and becomes a larger Wyvern

Uses new Wvyern TP moves, this includes:
Dispelling Wind: AoE Dispel.
Dread Shriek: Very potent AoE Paralysis.
Blizzard Breath: Ice-based Breath Attack
Thunder Breath: Lightning-based Breath Attack
Chaos Breath: Dark-based Breath Attack
The Wvyern loses all previous TP abilities it had.

Keeping the larger wyvern for more then 15 minutes will inflict a damage over time on the player and the wyvern(varies from 1 damage/3seconds to 10 damage/3seconds, depending on duration). If the user keeps his wyvern for more then 30 minutes the Wyvern can grow into a larger
Wyrm.

Uses new Wyrm TP moves, this includes:
Spike Flail: Extreme damage AOE attack used only when the wyrm attempts to use a weaponskill when it is attacking with its tail.
Horrid Roar: Single-target dispel attack that removes buffs.
The Wyrm loses access to Dread Shriek and Dispelling Wind, but it still have access to all the other TP moves.

After the user has the Wyrm that player will not recieve damage over time effect however; keeping the wyrm for more then 30 minutes will render the user unconcious. (Players won't be able to evolve their wyverns into wyrms in certain areas that have clipping issues, if this is the case possibly have the game programmed to where the dot effect doesn't take place.)

Summoner "Astral Flux"= Causes the user to gain a weakness effect. The user may choose to summon Bahamut with this effect or to summon one of the 9 celestial avatars.
If the user summons Bahamut he uses either Mega Flare or Giga Flare deal substiancial damage, and then leaves .
If the user summons a Celestial Avatar, they will be treated as if they have max favor bonus without any avatar penalties, This effect remains active for as long as that avatar remains summoned.

Blue Mage "Immortal Rune"= Transforms the user into a Soul Flayer. Grants 10mp refresh, 10 magic accuracy, 10 accuracy and access to all blue magic spells.
Duration 2 minutes. When the effect is over the user will be rendered unconscious.

Corsair "Sleight of Hand "- Using Quickdraw does not require charges(Unlimited).
Additional adjustments to "Corsair's Abilities" while under the effect of Sleight of Hand include:
(Double Up) Recast lowered to 3 seconds.
(Phantom Roll) Recast lowered to 30 seconds.

Puppet master "Flexibility"= allows the puppet to evade all attacks (physical and magical). The Duration is 1 Minute.

Dancer "Finishing Touch"= Flourishes does not require finishing move charges, if used they would be treated as if you had the maximum amount of finishing move charges that flourish would allow. (Unlimited) The Duration is 30 seconds.
Adjustments to flourishes while under the effect of Finishing Touch include:
(Desperate Flourish and Violent Flourish) improved stun and gravity rate, reduced to 5 second recast.
(Wild Flourish) reduced to 10 second recast
(Reverse Flourish) reduced to 15 second recast
(Climactic Flourish) reduced to 5 second recast

Scholar "Tactical Plan"= All party members within the area of effect enmity level is reduced to zero, except for the member targeted with this ability.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-23 19:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, adjustments? On a necro bumped topic? Who cares.
I'd worry more about putting some water on that butt. I think it just caught fire.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-23 19:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there could be an ffxiah 2 hour ability where you can minimize any post in a thread and it will stay that way (unless you undo it) forever.

Only the recast will be 0 hours. Cause I'd use it a lot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-23 19:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:

Not even mad.

Quote:
Nightfyre, you don't know anything about me, and I find it very rude when you assume that you do.
We all make such assumptions on a daily basis, don't pretend you're above basic human behavior. Studies have demonstrated a clear correlation between first impressions and lingering opinions on an individual, and the first (and all subsequent, honestly) impression of you was less than inspiring. If you have a problem with it, improve the quality of your posts.

Quote:
angry
Only one angry person here. If that was supposed to be in reference to me, you should have said "amused". There is much reason for me to be amused here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-23 20:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC: Ignore level correction penalties for one minute.

Meet your new zerg star!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-23 20:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU: Blue Magic ignores level correction penalties, 100% of monster Defense, has half recast times, and costs half MP for 60 seconds.

Meet your neo new zerg star!
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-07-23 20:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is extremely amusing. Please continue, Zart.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-23 20:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

no but that would be pretty op for sure
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-23 20:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds."

lol

Who needs hundred fists when you can annoy a mob to death with 30 seconds of constant chi blasts?
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-23 20:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin's new 2hr should be a party/alliance wide mijin gakure, dmg is multiplied by all party/alliance members within 30" of the ninja, and everyone dies. If you're lucky you might do 1k dmg with it.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-07-23 20:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No naruto frogs for ninja please.
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 20:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
improve the quality of your posts.
you obviously don't want to educate me or help me in anyway, your just a very negative person and your wasting my time. That's what I know about you. In response to your statement I will try however; I'm not sure that I am the one that needs to.
^^^^^^^^^^

that being said, it's not like I'm going to stop.. there is just way too much content for me to drive on. This information contained in the spoiler is from another persons posts from this topic.

I must say the Dual Blue mage ability from Kyokaku looks quite interesting, I specially like how he took two abilities which can be deemed good in certain situations and with them he made basically blue mage type stances based on physical and magical blue mage spells. Which is to me a interesting concept.

Calabolg

Kyokaku
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-23 20:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
"Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds."

lol

Who needs hundred fists when you can annoy a mob to death with 30 seconds of constant chi blasts?

You're so dumb, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I realize Perfect Counter and Chakra would be useful with 0 cooldown but who needs them.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 20:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to Mizuharu's text above:

I'd like you to read this over again
Mizuharu said:

tell me that isn't an insult.
yes, I'm mad. I found this offensive, unproductive to my progress and negative so, I responded with telling you how it is. You're being a jerk. I think you should have saided something like, "maybe i shouldn't have made a statement like that," but you would rather drag it on.

The age comment was meant to be directed towards Nightfyre because of his childish behavior. To me it just seems like he insulted my method of writing, and how I organize data that I write and my preference on the picture I choose to display next to each post I submit to this forum. In the first case, my method of writing is important to me but, I've always free written whatever I felt like and yet I may not be the most educated writer in the world. I try to make what I write as clear and eligible as possible. As for the second comment towards the avatar, clearly an insult so I won't even address it.

All I did is post in this topic and start talking. You can dislike my ideas, but I'd like to know simply why. A lot of people make comments that are entirely too short, such as certain people just say "No," or "Ew," comes to mind.

Instead of saying "I dislike it because a reason," or, "I dislike it because I think this is a better idea instead."

You keep quoting only part of my original post. And you keep leaving out the fact you originally suggested THF's 2hr be a *** Sneak and Invisible that lasts two minutes. I didn't think I had to go into much detail as to why that was a dumb *** suggestion. Excuse me for assuming you could see past your own mistake. Let me explain it in the detail you oh so wish for.

Silent Oil's Sneak lasts for ~10mins. Prism Powder's Invisible lasts for 10mins. Each come in a stack of 12. Each can be used whenever you need to reapply them (of course, you must click off sneak since it does not overwrite itself.) Compare this to an ability that you can use once every two hours.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-23 20:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I really am at a loss of words here. I've never been one for conspiracy theories/predictions stuff like that. But this:

Are you f'n stupid?
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 20:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

lol

yes, by the way. I found that amusing.

Maybe you could manage to use 2 job abilities every second, so its like invincibility with chakra.

Quote:
No naruto frogs for ninja please.
I decided to use the idea of the frog because it was incorporated into the game as I'm sure you know via the ninja job emote. It kinda makes me wonder if there was a giant frog or something Asian mythology.

@sylow and Prothescar
This seems to be trolling at it's finest, either that or you don't spell very well. but in any case, for myself "Ignoring level corrections" doesn't seem to belong to any ability or gear inside the game, all though it could exist but its something they'll do with geomancer and runic fencer in the future. I don't think it can logically be stapled to a 2hour.

I would have sworn there was a more up to date topic with a post from square enix on the merited 2 hour job abilities has anyone seen it or remember where it is?
[+]
By Gimp 2012-07-23 20:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

KothoftheHammer said: »
ninja 2hr: Jubaku Ni

You mean Dokumori: Ni

Ninja new 2hr would be near useless again if you had a relic!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-23 21:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@sylow and Prothescar
This seems to be trolling at it's finest, either that or you don't spell very well. but in any case, for myself "Ignoring level corrections" doesn't seem to belong to any ability or gear inside the game, all though it could exist but its something they'll do with geomancer and runic fencer in the future. I don't think it can logically be stapled to a 2hour.

Maybe you should stop making completely *** 2hr abilities and learn how game mechanics work, because it's evident you have no *** idea what you're talking about or what would make blue magic spells worth a *** and worthy of a 2hr, particularly after reading your endorsement of a slightly upgraded version of the 2hr that BLU already has and would make 0 use of.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-07-23 21:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. quit bumping this thread.
It's purple, and distracting
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7