Cloudsplitter WS Set.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Cloudsplitter WS set.
Cloudsplitter WS set.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-27 00:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious to the hardcore bsts that have this axe, what is your WS setup. Some random questions about this set.

Uggalepih Pendant better then Thunder Gorget?
How much of a mofiyer is MND vs. MAB?
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-27 00:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Use rampage,cloubsplitter is good against some mobs that are strong against phy. attks but otherwise its not worth using.
By trucido 2011-10-27 00:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He asked for advice on how to gear not when to use.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-10-27 00:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

trucido said: »

So why didnt u give one?
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-27 01:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said: »

So why didnt u give one?

Why are you posting off topic crap in this thread, then?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-27 02:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Use rampage,cloubsplitter is good against some mobs that are strong against phy. attks but otherwise its not worth using.

Outside abyssea I thought it's a rather good ws?
Might be a bit weaker than Rampage but the aftermath should make up for that?
I remember primal rend beeing a pretty good WS with a solid build back at 75?
Cloudsplitter does have a bit lower ftp at 100tp, but way better mods

Aaaand sorry if it's too offtopic
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-27 02:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-27 02:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

I have my set up now if u want to look, sry idk how to post it here, i know some pieces can be better but idc.

I'm working on guttler thats how dissapointed i am with farsha.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-27 02:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have my set up now if u want to look, sry idk how to post it here, i know some pieces can be better but idc.

I'm working on guttler thats how dissapointed i am with farsha.

Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-27 02:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an elemental WS, so Magic Attack bonus affects it, can pretty much guarantee mab earrings are way better.
Also pretty sure ugga. pendant is better with latent active, which also means artemis medal is probably a good bet aswell during the right moonphases.
Don't really think BST gets too much MAB beyond that tho? =/

Edit: MND and STR have the same % mod, so basicly any bigger number should win out (as it's a magical ws and attack does nothing blabla)
So in other words, af3+2 body does nothing for you.
Jingang hose and twilight stuff would probably be upgrades aswell.
But yeah, not a master as choosing optimal gearsets :P
 Asura.Caclax
Server: Asura
user: Caclax
By Asura.Caclax 2011-10-27 02:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

demon rings with 3mab augment maybe, str rings could possibly beat that out though
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-27 02:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an elemental WS, so Magic Attack bonus affects it, can pretty much guarantee mab earrings are way better.
Also pretty sure ugga. pendant is better with latent active, which also means artemis medal is probably a good bet aswell during the right moonphases.
Don't really think BST gets too much MAB beyond that tho? =/

It is better, but i use str for rampage and mnd for reward so i dont have to carry extra gear thats just a convient set up.
 Odin.Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-27 03:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The offhand axe is the +100TP. Body/Head will eventually be Twilight gear. I currently hit for 1.1K at 100% TP outside of abyssea. If any of you guys have access to the official forums suggest SE add the aftermath to our jugpets at lvl 90. XD
By trucido 2011-10-27 03:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said: »

The offhand axe is the +100TP. Body/Head will eventually be Twilight gear. I currently hit for 1.1K at 100% TP outside of abyssea. If any of you guys have access to the official forums suggest SE add the aftermath to our jugpets at lvl 90. XD
I want to say that a 5.0 fTP (accounting for his martial) really devalues the elemental belt but I'm no mathologist. Didn't Kirschy use Wildfire's high fTP as her reason for stating elemental gorget was bad for Wildfire? I wonder if Beir+1 would be better?
 Leviathan.Malthar
Server: Leviathan
user: Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2011-10-27 05:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't read the whole thread, but I can safely say that those elemental belts and gorgets (i.e. Thunderbelt) have 0 effect on cloudspitter. Try it. Do one @300 tp with belt then another @300 tp with belt slot empty. You'll notice 0 difference.
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2011-10-27 11:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, credelis belt or when it's Lightning day or thunder weather, Rairin Obi.
 Odin.Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-27 12:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

O speaking of Martial Axe, does it work if it's in the offhand? Thanks for the advice, i think you're right that a STR/MND/MAB belt would be better then thunder belt.
By trucido 2011-10-27 16:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian weapons with TP bonus work offhand, actual "martial"-named weapons (from 75 cap) don't. I just have a habit of calling Magian TP bonus weapons martial.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-10-27 17:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what i use, still disappointed but meh.
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2011-10-27 18:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this,

merit killer effects and use the +2 body. You'll actually see more damage than with twilight body.

And if you can get the +2 mab from the anwig salade, that'll do the same damage as twilight helm. Yes, mab counts that much.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-27 18:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudsplitter shines if you're not dual wielding (As if that mattered anymore) and if you're outside Abyssea. The Fencer TP bonus plus the fact that Rampage ain't all that great without Razed Ruins means Cloudsplitter comes in at the level of the average rampage, with much greater reliability.

While Dual Wielding outside, Cloudsplitter is just powerful enough to justify using to activate ODD.

I haven't checked out a lot of the new 91+ Gear yet, but a decent set is probably still on my profile. If you're really hardcore about BST though, Guttler is way better, and given the stupidity of the 95 Empyrean upgrade, it's much easier to maintain now. That is to say nothing of the overwhelming force of Aymur, assuming they ever make Alexandrite available in a fashion that's reasonable.
[+]
By Xilk 2011-10-29 12:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They are planning on adding alexandrite drops to the nyzul upgrade they do. and increasing alexandrite drop rate when they upgrade salvage as well.
I believe Aymur will become more possible.
 Bahamut.Xoraken
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-10-31 14:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
They are planning on adding alexandrite drops to the nyzul upgrade they do. and increasing alexandrite drop rate when they upgrade salvage as well. I believe Aymur will become more possible.
Can you post a link from SE Forum that SE will do it ?
 Bahamut.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2011-10-31 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i did come across that, but im just sitting tight chilling till then hopefully the alex supplies are gona be bigger since the price right now is abit tedious on bahamut heh~

hey xora u starting on ur alex now or something??
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-31 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Malthar said: »
I haven't read the whole thread, but I can safely say that those elemental belts and gorgets (i.e. Thunderbelt) have 0 effect on cloudspitter. Try it. Do one @300 tp with belt then another @300 tp with belt slot empty. You'll notice 0 difference.

Sorry, but you're wrong. As long as you're using the proper belt/gorget it will add 0.1 ftp to your ws. You're just eyeballing results.

I want to say that a 5.0 fTP (accounting for his martial) really devalues the elemental belt but I'm no mathologist. Didn't Kirschy use Wildfire's high fTP as her reason for stating elemental gorget was bad for Wildfire? I wonder if Beir+1 would be better?

With higher ftp ws, adding .1 to it will have diminishing returns. The increase to, say, 2.0 to 2.1 is a larger % increase than 5.0 to 5.1. So, the elemental items do do less for ws with higher ftp than lower ones.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2011-12-03 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but I'm not wrong. Cloudsplitter is very consistent.
In Abyssea, I put on a tp+100 atma and the tp+100 ToM axe, offhand.
Every weaponskill I do is at 300 tp and the damage is *EXACTLY* the same each time with a random resist now and then.

Now, I try the ws with the gorget / belt on and also with the neck and waist slots empty. THE DAMAGE DOES NOT CHANGE.

I have done this many, many, many times. You may call it *eyeballing*, but if you get the same damage with or without the gorgets for 30 or more weaponskills, I think it's pretty safe to say that the gorgets and belts have no effect at all on Cloudsplitter.

Did you even try it yourself?
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-12-04 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If what your tests showed is true and Cloudsplitter simply isn't aligned with any gorgets/belts (but we can only take your word for it atm), then any belt with STR and/or MND, along with an MAB neck, is better than ele gorget/belt.

That being said, Crudelis should be better than ele belt, even if it would work for Cloudsplitter because you're always WSing with 200% TP and more.

Also, I don't think that anything beats an MAB item for the neck spot right now, be it ele gorget or something with WS mods.
That is, of course, unless you can change your WSC significantly.

With some random numbers I used, you'd need ~4-5 STR or MND to make up for only 1 MAB.
Not like I trust my maths all too much but I think we can rule out ele gorget/belt in any case for Cloudsplitter.