Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Skill up foods
Skill up foods
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-07 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Antaress said: »
don't forget about kitron macaron (success rate+, skill up rate +, HQ rate -) and coconut rusk (success rate-, skillup rate -, HQ rate+)!
Has this ever been confirmed? I googled around but there's nothing really concrete.. Soon after it came out it was said to reduce break rate, and I did use it, wasn't that expensive to make so why not..

I'm now cooking 95 and working on getting to 100, but the skill ups are slow going..
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-02-07 09:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill ups in general deffenitly slow down at that lvl. It took me over 200 logs to get from ww97 to 100.
I tried that food on the last few lvls of gold smithing. It seemed to help iir. But that was a while ago, i dont have any numbers on that.

Love the ferret btw! :D
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-07 10:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite about skill up food, but when I was levelling leathercraft, I noticed that I seemed to be getting skill ups more often after I got the leathercraft stall. Was getting a skill up every 1 out of 2/3 synths even when I was in the high 90's. Could there be a hidden skill up gain from it or am I just crazy/lucky?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-07 10:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I skilled up pretty quickly. Got 93-100 in about 3 days, synthing for ~1-1.5hr/day on Curry (Curry -> Curry Buns). Made some good gil from it too!

In fact, I got from 72-100 in about 5~6 days total (though the 72-93 patch I synthed for 2~3hr+ a day). It helps if you/your friends can stockpile meats (I had my friends buy off AH for me when I wasn't on).

I also made sure I had Advanced Support the entire time I was synthing (though that was mostly because I was cheap and wanted fewer explosions >_>)

EDIT: I dunno, I was getting skill ups every 2~4 myself and I had no GP items at all XD I'd say it was luck personally (my friend hates me because he's levelling LC atm and apparently gets 0.1 out of every 6~7 synths or so XD)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-07 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't really afford to do more than 1-2 stacks of meat at a time, then I have to sell off all the buns before I can do more =/ it's also not easy to sell off even 6-7 stacks of buns, the market is absolutely saturated with them, you put them up for a set price and within 10-20 minutes there's like another 10 stacks all priced slightly lower than yours. The only way I can make money off it is to buy the singles as they come up.. A stack of meat = ~600k buns sell for ~100k, which just covers the meat, then there's the curry powder and coriander. The singles go for 30k each though, which leaves a good room for profit but to get that profit I have to camp the AH constantly.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-02-07 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
The singles go for 30k each though, which leaves a good room for profit but to get that profit I have to camp the AH constantly.

I started stocking up on meat quite some time ago. It may just be me, but I find 2~3 meats every time I go into La Theine to work on a weapon trial. Konschtat seems to drop them in chests often as well, but La Theine appears (I know eyeballing, blah blah blah) to have more. If you go on a dark ring farming run, you could probably come out with quite a few, pending the people you go with let you take all the meats.

Edit: Oh, for our runs we are usually only in there for about an hour.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-07 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

600k? Holy baby jeebus.

I bought all mine in singles at around 20k/piece, even stacks are only 400-450k on Sylph though XD

I had the problem of having to camp the AH constantly, which is the main reason I ended up begging friends to try and buy for me when they were at the AH XD That way I covered a pretty large timeframe. I'd usually get around 20-24 meats to synth up at a time, sometimes within a day (waking to sleeping), I could get around 30-35 synths done.

On average it'd cost me about 50-60k to make a stack of buns, which sold for around 95k (though some annoying guy kept undercutting to the point they were 75k /nerdrage!), so I managed to make a decent profit.

Made about 2.5-3M from skilling up my last 7-8 levels. Like I mentioned though, I was getting an oddly high amount of skillups that none of my friends could explain.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-02-07 10:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Antaress said: »
don't forget about kitron macaron (success rate+, skill up rate +, HQ rate -) and coconut rusk (success rate-, skillup rate -, HQ rate+)!
damn forgot all about thesee.. 18 levels to go till 100 Alchemy so these will help a ton
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-07 11:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
I can't really afford to do more than 1-2 stacks of meat at a time, then I have to sell off all the buns before I can do more =/ it's also not easy to sell off even 6-7 stacks of buns, the market is absolutely saturated with them, you put them up for a set price and within 10-20 minutes there's like another 10 stacks all priced slightly lower than yours. The only way I can make money off it is to buy the singles as they come up.. A stack of meat = ~600k buns sell for ~100k, which just covers the meat, then there's the curry powder and coriander. The singles go for 30k each though, which leaves a good room for profit but to get that profit I have to camp the AH constantly.

I am at 99.5 in Cooking after being 97 like 2 days ago, I have to sell the buns from my bazaar over night to cover more meat because one player on this server sells like 20 stacks of buns at once and mine have been on the AH for 4 days and haven't sold. Worst part is if people try to sell the meats for 10~20k above what they should be...
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-02-07 14:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried the Kitron Maccroons.. love them, just got 82-84 alch easy, only 2 of the synths went with no skill up

"3"