Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wildfire Build
Wildfire Build
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2011-10-25 10:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing up my 85 Arma this week and been putting together a Wildfire WS set, just wondering where some improvements can be done.

Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Harkonnen said: »
Finishing up my 85 Arma this week and been putting together a Wildfire WS set, just wondering where some improvements can be done.

ACP body beats lokis fractionally, depending on your access to it or Xhits, would be an upgrade.

Depending on the target, +3 matk rings from tahrongi would beat stormsouls if the targets agi is low, or sveltese belt would beat aquiline if target agi is high.

Depending on moonphase/ability to activate latent on ugga pendant, artemis medal is a viable neck option.

The new 6agi/matk beret is a clear upgrade.

If your macc is high enough, alruna's gloves offer +9agi on the hands, 1 higher thn schutzen.
 Lakshmi.Toniudontknowme
user: Toniu
By Lakshmi.Toniudontknowme 2011-10-25 10:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With such a well established and easily found wildfire thread already in existence, this thread is going to be put in a body bag. To answer your question, Novio obviously.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2011-10-25 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfire

A nice 13 page thread dedicated to that one weaponskill. It'd be worth a read before asking any questions.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2011-10-25 11:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately with the well established threads you need to weed through the people who go off topic and get sidetracked from what the original poster was asking. Yes Novio, but I don't play mage jobs so I do not feel its fair if a for me to lot on one if there is a mage that can use it, unless everyone else does not need it. And I am looking into the new beret.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2011-10-25 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Which would be better for Wildfire:

or:

Augmented with: AGI+4 Weaponskill Damage +2% MAB+2 hHP+3

I haven't had time to really try out the new beret, but it's basically comparing the difference of (AGI+2 MAB+4) vs. (WS Damage +2%)
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-10-25 11:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke Wardecors & Ambusher's hose
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2011-10-25 11:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said: »
Mirke Wardecors

The damage increase between (AGI+11) and (AGI+5 MAB+4) isn't enough to completely ignore the sTP+7 on Loki's, which could be the difference between maintaining a x-hit build or not. (my cor uses loki in WS set to keep a 4-hit build when /sam, but uses the MAB augmented Mirke when /mage or during brew). Both bodies are fine for Wildfire, it mostly depends on subjob and personal play style.

Edit: Just saw the Ambusher's Hose edit from Mogue. same thing applies when comparing AF3+2 legs. Ambusher's Hose have AGI+2 over AF3+2 legs, however the AF3+2 legs have sTP+8. If you're /mage or /nin and don't keep an x-hit, then yes those legs are better, but if you're /sam or using any x-hit build, you'd WS much more frequently which in turn would mean a higher damage output in the end.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 12:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A corsair has all the right in the world to lot on a Novio against anyone. It's a heavily mab-oriented job anyway.

Pandinus beret
Mab rings from Tahrongi(if you're lucky enough to find them - personally never even seen a single one..)
Sveltesse gouriz

It's a good set already anyway.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 12:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
Mirke Wardecors

The damage increase between (AGI+11) and (AGI+5 MAB+4) isn't enough to completely ignore the sTP+7 on Loki's, which could be the difference between maintaining a x-hit build or not. (my cor uses loki in WS set to keep a 4-hit build when /sam, but uses the MAB augmented Mirke when /mage or during brew). Both bodies are fine for Wildfire, it mostly depends on subjob and personal play style.

See my post. The same is also true of af3+2 legs vs ambushers.

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
Question: Which would be better for Wildfire:

or:

Augmented with: AGI+4 Weaponskill Damage +2% MAB+2 hHP+3

I haven't had time to really try out the new beret, but it's basically comparing the difference of (AGI+2 MAB+4) vs. (WS Damage +2%)

Beret outside abyssea, anwig inside as a general rule. I'm refering to upper level NMs not trash mobs here.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-10-25 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

*groans* over people gearing for xhits on a job that'll have anywhere from 1 to 6/tic regain on at all times.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 12:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The mab vs agi argument is old. It's come to the conclusion that pretty much depends on your gear and subjob. If you have tons of mab, then balance with agi and viceversa. This way Mirke could possibly be better when /sam and Loki's when /rdm. You have to test them both and see what works better for you. Both are fine anyway.

Edit: and screw you all, Turul never dropped a kaftan to me! :<
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 12:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
The mab vs agi argument is old. It's come to the conclusion that pretty much depends on your gear and subjob. If you have tons of mab, then balance with agi and viceversa. This way Mirke could possibly be better when /sam and Loki's when /rdm. You have to test them both and see what works better for you. Both are fine anyway.

Reread the thread. Mirke vs lokis arguement wasnt for pure damage, it was for the Xhit potential each gave.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 12:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*groans* over people gearing for xhits on a job that'll have anywhere from 1 to 6/tic regain on at all times.

Not always. In harder fights then certainly, cor will almost always have regain roll on, but on lower end fights when our racc is actually capable of hitting reliably, wizards and miser rolls can come up trumps, leaving a lot of emphasis on xhits.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 12:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that and ignored it.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2011-10-25 12:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who haven't seen it elsewhere, this is a nice tool for comparing Wildfire damage with different sets:

Calculating Wildfire Damage
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-27 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-10-27 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Man lol Turul must hate you, ive gotten just about all my friends a loki, and i beat the comp to the spawn point every time, he always seems to land right on me, people just give up camping against me after the 4th pop and ask when ill be done farming him. ^_^
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-27 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said: »
Looks pretty good, but I'd change the neckpiece for Artemis/Uggalepih.

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
Man lol Turul must hate you, ive gotten just about all my friends a loki, and i beat the comp to the spawn point every time, he always seems to land right on me, people just give up camping against me after the 4th pop and ask when ill be done farming him. ^_^
:< /hateforever.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-27 13:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said: »

Decent set, looks like you're going for pieces that do double duty with QD over ideal WF stuff in some slots though.

Artemis or Ugge for neck, Alruna's for hands, Stormsoul rings unless the Demon's is a +3, Sveltese for waist, and Ambusher's for legs unless you absolutely need the stp from the Navarch's.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-27 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Stormsoul rings unless the Demon's is a +3

Depending on other gear/buffs (as always) the Stormsouls will still beat the Demon's.

Actually you're making both arguments in one post there, because swapping the Aquiline for Sventese is the same 7AGI <-> 3 MAB conversion.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-27 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mab augmented rings don't exist! Stop telling lies! ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2011-10-27 13:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only MAB ring that I have got is a +2 and have not seen one after that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-27 13:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mab augmented rings don't exist! Stop telling lies! ; ;

Tell me about it. I have +2 x2 and the amount of farming I have done in Tahrongi is ridiculous.

I am slowly working on H2H, and I've taken the route of farming KIs out of chests because I'm doing it at an easy pace in my free time and I'm trying to get +3 rings in the process too (I realize that KIs and items come at different Amber levels, but I grind through it either way. It's mostly about killing time.)

So far out of what I'd estimate to be 100+ rings I've seen maybe 5 MAB rings. Three of them have been +1.

I got -really- excited one day when I opened a chest and saw 3 +3 stats on it, but it was the OTHER three stats and no MAB. ;;

I'm 27/50 on Chloris. We'll see whether I finish that first or get at least one MAB +3 ring.

What's really irritating is that I have a Strendu Ring randomly obtained from Voidwatch and the little *** is mage jobs-only.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-27 15:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
Stormsoul rings unless the Demon's is a +3

Depending on other gear/buffs (as always) the Stormsouls will still beat the Demon's.

Actually you're making both arguments in one post there, because swapping the Aquiline for Sventese is the same 7AGI <-> 3 MAB conversion.

No contradiction, I have a +2 and a +3 Demon's ring, and I use Stormsouls in both slots for Wildfire. Stormsoul rings are a lot pricier that Sveltese though, so I left room not change it while focusing on the more valuable upgrade slots.

I find that the 2>2>1 rule of thumb is generally pretty reliable for mab vs agi, but I typically err on the side of AGI since I only use Cor for VW and want to pad the Agi-Int calculation.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-27 17:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Latent on Ugg is a pain when i sub /rdm. :( Trying to save gil by not buying Stormsouls. Took me about 40 to get the +2 one i have. Q.Q

/rdm vs /sam is what makes me swap between Ugg. Pendant & Houyi's Gorget.