Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » Quick WW Question
Quick WW Question
 Valefor.Mess
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Castielx
By Valefor.Mess 2011-10-24 17:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to catch Lik and Gugs and even with 100+4 fishing, I get a break here and there with my Lu. I already have 100 cooking, which means I can't take another craft passed 60. Basically what I'm wondering is if I level woodworking to 60, is that high enough to repair my own Lu Shangs Rod so I don't have to leave my fishing area and do that damn quest everytime? Thanks.
By reaperofsoul 2011-10-24 17:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

no its not need 80 to repair it
 Valefor.Mess
By Valefor.Mess 2011-10-24 17:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

80 is what the synth caps at. I'm wanting to know what the minimum my woodworking skill can be to repair a Lu.
 Valefor.Maurauc
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2011-10-24 18:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't take it for granted.. I think you can craft something twelve levels below cap? So 68 would be the minimum.
Either way, 60 isn't enough.
By Greever 2011-10-25 10:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

15 lvl's to attempt. With advanced synth help + that torque (idk if there is even a woodworking one, just going off of the fact that there is a fishing and smithing one, u could also get the gloves to have another +1 but it wont be worth it thb).

u would be able to get to lvl 65 (66 with gloves). But u would still have to leave ur fishing hole to get advanced synth support or get a carpenters belt with guild points (10k guild points). But ur chances of sucessfully completing the synth is like 1-5% chance i think, not exactly sure I just know it will be extreamly low.

For all that time, effort and gil (tons and tons of crystals) ur better off just running and doing the quest
 Valefor.Mess
By Valefor.Mess 2011-10-25 16:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think so. Thanks Greever.
By Greever 2011-10-25 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

np
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-25 17:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Drjones said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
ty for the info.

but im more interested in the absolute minimum to be able to start the synht and not get the messages that its out of your skill or whatever it is it says

dotn care ifi have to run through 4 stack of crystall before it succeds

At 10 levels under you'd spend more time and gil in light crystals + synthesis on average than if you bought the ancient lumber and ran to rabao to npc-fix it.

Just saying.
But you'd still avoid having to run all the way to Rabao, which is of course the goal.

Rabao earring

Don't run there, mmkay? Unless your earring is down.
 Valefor.Mess
By Valefor.Mess 2011-10-26 07:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That would certainly make my life easier. Thanks, Serj.