Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-13 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

10-13-2011 04:46 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Let me start by explaining our new policy.

As you all know, the level cap will be raised to 99 soon. After that, as I mentioned elsewhere, we are planning on implementing various other adjustments, such as reviewing merit point categories.

Considering these changes, although it may take longer to finalize, some jobs will require fundamental overhaul instead of minor adjustments.

For example, for puppetmasters we plan on re-examining every attachment and the AI logic of automatons. For corsair we plan on re-evaluating every roll. Similarly, we would like to adjust the fundamentals of scholar, namely light & dark arts and Helix spells.

I’m sorry for making similar requests two days in a row, but please understand that we are making adjustments so that scholar becomes a useful job all around and not just a tool for procing weakness in Voidwatch content.

Regarding whether being able to use Helix spells starting at a lower level is right or wrong, we understand that it is possible to level up in Grounds of Valor and Abyssea with the help of other players, but we do not consider that standard procedure. This is the same reasoning as why job adjustments do not factor in leveling in Abyssea areas as a standard issue.

Next up are Helix spells.

Instead of shortening the time in between damage dealt over time, we would like to establish that damage is dealt every 10 seconds. We also plan on increasing the amount of damage dealt and fixing the effect duration at 90 seconds instead of 45-90 seconds. We will prepare these changes in time for the next test server update.

Regarding accuracy, Helix spells are set to have similar accuracy as tier IV black magic spells, so we will not be adjusting their accuracy. Instead, we decided to stabilize Helix spells by fixing damage dealt and their effect duration.

This is a bit off-topic, but regarding the effects of "Adloquium," we decided not to adjust its base stats. In the future, we plan on looking into introducing gear that enhances the effect.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-13 17:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is a bit off-topic, but regarding the effects of "Adloquium," we decided not to adjust its base stats. We recommend increasing its effects by adjusting equipped gear.

Excuse me, what?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-13 17:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they just told you to wear better gear >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-13 17:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I think they just told you to wear better gear >.>
There is no gear that directly enhances Adloquium that I'm aware of. It's possible that there is an Enhancing skill threshold past which it becomes 2/tic but it would have to be fairly high for us to have missed it, possibly high enough that it wasn't actually reachable at 90.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-13 17:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey don't look at me, thats just my interpretation of what they said lol.

"We recommend increasing its effects by adjusting equipped gear."

Maybe they know something you don't ~.~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-13 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the same people who talked about introducing a weaponskill specifically tailored to benefit from Ternary Flourish, so I'm not sure if I should be laughing all over again or sighing because of how opaque SE is about game mechanics.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-13 17:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think... they mean increasing the duration via +2 Bracers and Perpetuance... that's the only possible reasoning I can come up with... And that's still stretching it.

EDIT: And it looks like it was a translation error, and the original post has been corrected.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-13 17:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
we understand that it is possible to level up in Grounds of Valor and Abyssea with the help of other players, but we do not consider that standard procedure.

aaaahahahahahahahahahaha
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-13 17:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They Updated the Statement on Adloquium said:
This is a bit off-topic, but regarding the effects of "Adloquium," we decided not to adjust its base stats. In the future, we plan on looking into introducing gear that enhances the effect.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-13 18:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe they will add gear that will enhance adolquium
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-13 18:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AFK'ed for a few min, Asymptotic beat me to it. Updating OP

Also:

Bayohne said:
Fixed! Man, you guys are callin' me out non-stop today. Spelled scholar wrong, Bayohne! I've never seen Adloquium-enhancing gear, Bayohne! We miss Camate, Bayohne!

Man...

lol >.> No one posted about Camate XD
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-13 18:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Okay. >_>;
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 18:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
AFK'ed for a few min, Asymptotic beat me to it. Updating OP

Also:

Bayohne said:
Fixed! Man, you guys are callin' me out non-stop today. Spelled scholar wrong, Bayohne! I've never seen Adloquium-enhancing gear, Bayohne! We miss Camate, Bayohne!

Man...

lol >.> No one posted about Camate XD
Maybe he reads these forums?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-13 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe >.>;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-13 18:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 Niniann is secretly Bayohne

You sly boots nini, you almost got away with it too
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 03:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-13-2011 04:46 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Instead of shortening the time in between damage dealt over time, we would like to establish that damage is dealt every 10 seconds. We also plan on increasing the amount of damage dealt and fixing the effect duration at 90 seconds instead of 45-90 seconds. We will prepare these changes in time for the next test server update.
wait, what the ***?

sure i dont mind the damage increase, but why are they re-working helix instead of fixing whats actually wrong with it. Its cool that my helix will do 20k damage in 90 seconds with little hate, but having it do that wont make people want to invite sch to parties.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 03:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

...if helix did 20k dmg over a period of 90 seconds you could do VW T3s with a SCH, someone to hold it, and someone to cure them. There would be no reason to bring any DDs whatsoever except to expedite the process and proc *** :P
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 03:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

why do you even bring "DD" to voidwatch, when the diversity of the jobs take preference with procing and in the process of procing you end up killing your target anyways, which futhurmore pissed me off since you can sub sch and get their magic procs now.and dont even try to justify the sch ability procs which is currently broken, i get sick and tired of it being sch abilities and you land libra and VM and it still doesnt proc

also yeah i dont see sch doing that much in voidwatch, i do 400 dmg a tic tops, i dont forsee them increasing it to 2.2k a tic.

Delvish;212420 said:
Or an even better option. A second SCH in any group is so rare... I would have no qualms what-so-ever if Modus just didn't stack anymore. That simple. Give us back the accuracy but get rid of the multiplicative bonus. Seriously, it isn't used anymore.
this guy is brilliant and deserves a golden star. why cant we have people like him on the dev team. Our current team is going to end up giving war something that doubles their dmg for an hour but disable their ability to talk to make it balanced.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 07:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You bring DD to Voidwatch because mobs need to die when alignment is capped? In my experience on T3s lights cap long before things are ready to die unless you have like no procs and suck during blitzes.

I'm just saying what you said

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Its cool that my helix will do 20k damage in 90 seconds with little hate, but having it do that wont make people want to invite sch to parties.

Isn't really a very useful thing to say because

1.) If helices did 20k damage in 90 seconds for little enmity, you'd bring a SCH to every endgame event ever for the sole purpose of expedition.

2.) Parties don't exist anymore, which is the main reason you're not getting invited to them on SCH.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 13:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
You bring DD to Voidwatch because mobs need to die when alignment is capped? In my experience on T3s lights cap long before things are ready to die unless you have like no procs and suck during blitzes.

that is highly doubtful

Quote:
I'm just saying what you said

Its cool that my helix will do 20k damage in 90 seconds with little hate, but having it do that wont make people want to invite sch to parties.

Isn't really a very useful thing to say because

1.) If helices did 20k damage in 90 seconds for little enmity, you'd bring a SCH to every endgame event ever for the sole purpose of expedition.

2.) Parties don't exist anymore, which is the main reason you're not getting invited to them on SCH.
wish you could have figured out that was exaggerated because you know that would not happen anywhere let alone in voidwatch.

just because they made the 2hr good, that doesnt mean the job will be desirable, or perhaps there is another reason that the sch numbers never get above the single digits in terms of population.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-14 13:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You need DDs for T3 Jeuno, Zilart. They have pretty high HP and good defense. We usually have lights capped before the mob is at 50% and even then you got to be actually doing damage on it and keep doing it or you will time out.

Having well geared DDs that can boost lights a lot during red staggers help a lot to.

Why wouldnt you bring "DDs"?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you're going to have DD's anyways for procs to begin with, saying that you are going to drop every other DD if sch can do helices for that much is shallow and stupid, you can get your kill but you aren't getting any drops. Sorry if i didnt make that clear when i said diversity of jobs and procing, you will still have jobs like rng and war.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-14 14:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, I took it out context.

yeah, I don't like SCH in VW before and this is just killing it more.

Really killed it for me when I noticed that Regain from SCH doesnt stack with Monarchs drink so even for that they dont serve a purpose.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

asymp made a comment about sch now having the best 2hr in the game and i need to chill on the subject, but when exactly do you do 1 event that lasts less than 15 minutes? Usually people do voidwatch in 3's. So after the 1st kill are you gonna be like hold on guys i need to go kill some things in abyssea for a while for an isl so i can be useful again? no it's highly likely if that's what you got invited for you will be kicked.

a 2hr spell isnt going to make the job amazing on anything outside abyssea.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-14 14:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

asymp made a comment about sch now having the best 2hr in the game and i need to chill on the subject, but when exactly do you do 1 event that lasts less than 15 minutes? Usually people do voidwatch in 3's. So after the 1st kill are you gonna be like hold on guys i need to go kill some things in abyssea for a while for an isl so i can be useful again? no it's highly likely if that's what you got invited for you will be kicked.

a 2hr spell isnt going to make the job amazing on anything outside abyssea.

Lowman Einherjar, grab two SCHs go to work.

And zergs like Arch Dynamis Lord and w/e. Pretty niche, like SMN. Sucks but at least they have something right? :/ I still wish the job was more worthwhile it's fun.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-14 14:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Lowman Einherjar, grab two SCHs go to work.

And zergs like Arch Dynamis Lord and w/e. Pretty niche, like SMN. Sucks but at least they have something right? :/ I still wish the job was more worthwhile it's fun.
it's something i guess, i pulled off a Pug shout for av just because i was trying to tell the party leader that embrava is the mark of god or something.
By Drjones 2011-10-14 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Our current team is going to end up giving war something that doubles their dmg for an hour but disable their ability to talk to make it balanced.
I'd be ok with that if it meant I never had to listen to another '/party {Provoke} <t>' macro ever again.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-10-18 00:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

for all the "good" SE says it's doing for sch giving anyone who subs sch our helixes is just straight up lame our abilities hv like a wierd bug in VW libra doesn't stagger when it's sch ability therefore making it modus veritas which will never land on anything important so that right there killed sch alot more. Longer klimaform regen boost longer helixes big whoop that just shows they are throwing ideas out thier *** since they dont know what to do to make sch desireable again.
First Page 2