PC Wont Read .ISO?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » PC wont read .ISO?!
PC wont read .ISO?!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Attribute
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: XGP0001
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-12 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always used .ISO for EMU and game installs.. Now for some reason my PC can't read .ISO files. What could cause this, now it just shows them as the rantometcfile.ISO but the icon is the can't read or run this icon. Daemon loads them, but its like they aren't loaded.. WTF? I have no idea whats going on.. I haven't uninstalled anything, was this maybe some windows update? Well actually I did uninstall the Windows antivirus/spyware crap.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
Server: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-10-12 13:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Some ISO files don't have an auto run file that triggers when the ISO is loaded so it looks like it hasn't done anything. Tried right clicking on the loaded drive then "Explore"?

If you can't mount them at all into a virtual drive then are you manually mounting them through Daemon Tools or just double clicking the file trying to make it work somehow?

... Not really sure what your problem is from your post.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-12 13:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.winmount.com/

Try that maybe?
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-12 13:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have old ISO files on my PC, used em a million times. But when I try to use em now, its like my PC just wont read the ISO files. Like they are all corrupt now. They used to have the CD icon, now they are just a windows unreadable file icon.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-10-12 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the default program you've used for them has changed. Right click on any .ISO file and select "Open with", browse for the Daemon Tools .exe file (mine is in Program Files -> DAEMON Tools Lite and is called DTLite.exe). Once you've selected "Open" for the .exe file it should appear on the list of programs to open the .ISO with. Make sure the check box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is ticked then click "OK" at the bottom. This should fix your problem if it's somehow changed the default program from Daemon Tools to something else.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-14 06:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe I found the issue. When I go to device manager it says my A9VU5VPU IDE controller has no driver installed.. When I google for this i cant find anything but 2 worthless links. So how do I go about repairing this?
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-10-14 17:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You know your computer can't do anything with ISO files without the use of a program such as Daemon Tools or the actual game emulator, right? It has nothing to do with your computer's drivers or anything other than your virtual drive mounting program.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/696/how_use_open_bin_cue_iso_files/

How exactly are you trying to load them? Maybe a screenshot of your problem might help as I'm still not quite sure what your problem is exactly lol. :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-14 21:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With Daemon lol.. I have always used Daemon. But it fails to install the driver every time I try to make a virtual drive.

It always says that DtSoftBusCd00 failed to install the driver.
 Leviathan.Bimbam
Server: Leviathan
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2011-10-14 22:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is likely to be blindingly obvious, but you have uninstalled/reinstalled daemons tools right?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-14 23:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said: »
I believe I found the issue. When I go to device manager it says my A9VU5VPU IDE controller has no driver installed.. When I google for this i cant find anything but 2 worthless links. So how do I go about repairing this?

uninstall the device, uninstall DTlite, reinstall, reboot and then try again

edit: doesn't sound like your files are corrput just dt.

if that won't work, download a program I used to use: alcohol 120% (the free one) however it's only a trial.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-15 00:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 3 times. Even when i do, it shows that the device above in Device Manager is missing the driver. Maybe its just a Windows 7 error or the fact that I uninstalled Microsoft Essentials (spyware etc scanner) But when I look on Daemon forums i am not the only person seeing this issue now.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-15 00:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to use Alcohol 120% alot, but unless you pay cant you not mount images, just make or burn them?
 Leviathan.Bimbam
Server: Leviathan
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2011-10-15 00:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'ma go out on a limb here, you using an IBM/Lenovo Thinkcentre?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-15 00:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

MSE is a very decent anti-malware.

remove the thing from device manager.

it very well may be an issue with windows, but to isolate it won't be fun, and I doubt it has anything to do with removing MSE, as it's not part of windows natively.

They changed it then, used to be able to do it all up to 30 days, hmm.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 00:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My DVD/CD Rom is also not showing up in My Computer folder.. Its like all disc drives are not working yet everything else is.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-10-17 00:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried Virtual Clonedrive?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 01:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My DVD/CD Rom is also not showing up in My Computer folder.. Its like all disc drives are not working yet everything else is.

tbh it sounds like some part of windows got corrupted or there's some serious malware issue.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 01:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, no malware. Something had to have got *** up when I uninstalled MSE. Because everything was fine until this happened.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 01:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt that, and like I said uninstalling MSE won't hurt anything...

however at times removing certain malware will cause issues.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 01:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a virus or any Malware in a long time. I did however though also Uninstall Norton 360 at the same time. But that shouldn't cause any issues either.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 01:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a virus or any Malware in a long time. I did however though also Uninstall Norton 360 at the same time. But that shouldn't cause any issues either.

sure...and I'd expect a lot more problems from removing any norton software in comparison...
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 01:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any REAL program that can check all Windows files and drivers? Id rather not do a system recovery.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 01:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sfc /scannow in Windows/Run is it safe? I have never used it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 08:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

try a system restore yet? forgot to ask
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-17 09:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No every time I do, it all goes ***.. May as well just re-install windows if I try that.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 11:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like your computer has more problems than just one if system-restore doesn't work properly...

MSE is a fine program, never use norton.

windows 7 has a backup feature, if you have extra hard drive space (preferably an extra drive) set up your automatic backups and that way you won't lose everything next time.

At least backup your files before you reinstall, but without looking it seems to be the easiest solution.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-17 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

and ya that sfc is part of windows

have to run as admit though if you don't have the protection turned off
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-18 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried some other things including opening up my tower and disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, still nothing. Im pretty sure having no CD or DVD ROM is also why it will not let me install virtual drives ; ; Will just keep messing with it.

And as for System Recovery my Windows 7 CD is downloaded and I use V Drives to install windows haha.. Either way I just don't like System Restores, takes forever and always messes something up. Just gonna have to find a way to fix this without.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-10-18 16:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

that's silly, but just for reference do you have another computer with a disc drive and or a blank usb stick that you have access to?

and can that pc boot from usb?
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-10-18 16:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I contacted Microsoft Live chat support and he took over my PC and logged through some type of events log, and registry files. He said i had polymorphic polygons or something type of malware infection. He said it does it on purpose because since I have no CD Roms I cant re-install windows. Either way after that he pretty much told me I had to pay him like 200 dollars to fix it all manually. Guess that's Microsoft for you...

Any ideas how I can do this myself? Or any programs or registry cleaners that could maybe help me? I am not a PC noob by all means, I am just not sure what to do now.. I can't afford for Microsoft to do it.

ATM I am downloading Nod 32 antivirus. PC reviews forums etc were very clear this was the best antivirus you can buy. But even so, according to googling some types of malware the only way to fix types like this is to manually change and remove registry and windows core files.
First Page 2