Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Besaid » Here I am (again) looking for a linkshell
Here I am (again) looking for a linkshell
By Vermilion 2011-10-09 14:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

During my FFXIV experience I have burnt many bridges when it comes to finding and enjoying an endgame focused linkshell. Either it gets dissolved due internal drama, reluctant leaders, or my simple dissatisfaction with the direction the shell is going. So here I am, looking for a endgame focused linkshell. This will probably be buried and ignored, but who knows, it may be worth a shot. Maybe there is a Linkshell out there that I have not burnt bridges with.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-09 20:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't take this the wrong way but have you ever thought about making your own? you seem to know how things are run and want them run a certain way also, I may be reading things wrong but just a suggestion.
By Vermilion 2011-10-09 21:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really have the patience or resolve to run my own linkshell.
By lvicious 2011-10-10 10:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If a ls dissolves then there is nothing you can do about that just bad luck. If the leaders suck or they are not doing what you want in the direction you'd like then be more picky about the ls's you join.

I had 3 ls's in ffxi and they lasted till the end more or less for 7+ years cause I did some research. They had websites, I read the forums, checked out a few of the players or profiles on here. The rules were good, the outline of the ls's activities and goals were there to read.

So if you are burning bridges which means leaving on bad terms then don't. If after all the above I typed turns out to be a bunch of bs and the ls sucks anyway after you join then just say thank you and you appreciate it and leave or just toss the pearl. They'll think you quit playing probably anyway.

Basically stop burning bridges or lower your expectations for a game that is just getting a endgame going and basically a new game overall with lots of returning players.

Check out some of the top ls's on your server on here. Every ls doesn't suck... just sounds more like super bad luck or too picky (or not picky enough?) or whiney.
[+]
By Vermilion 2011-10-10 18:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, After this last Linkshell, I did realize that I got to lower my expectations and stop leaving on bad terms. I mean, I would like to think my anger and dissatisfaction was justified, but maybe it would have been better if I just took the high road and left on as decent terms as I could.

Anyway the damage is done already, I wish I had realized this all sooner. I will take this advice in to the future, but I can't really change the past.

Regardless, I'm still stuck with out a shell at the moment, I have lowered my expectations, but right now the ones really available are ones that I would not even consider seeing that they are not beneficial to me in any way shape or form.
[+]
By Zerio 2011-10-10 19:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried looking for social LS. As to try be in one social LS in the meantime while you look for an End Game LS.

When the time comes for the End Game LS you finally found, then you will have found the LS you were looking for.

Of course it is hard to find the type of LS you're looking for, but try for now mainly just socializing in one, instead of running around alone. And have a LS to talk in.

Just a thought though.
By Vermilion 2011-10-10 19:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm not really in to the whole social LS aspect. I rather be doing something I feel is productive, than just chatting it up with fellow players. Again, the bare minimum I require from a shell is for there to always be something to do. Be it grinding at various ranks (preferably a shell that is okay with powerleveling), Or smashing Ifrit's face in. Pretty much the only things I'm NOT looking for is Social/RP/beginner linkshells.
By Azumii 2011-10-11 04:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is alot of raid/"endgame" ls' in Lindblum. I know the names you can search here on pro. There's 'Save Point LS', 'Ragnarokkr', 'for getting sp', 'The Star Onions', 'Kiraboshi' and 'The Chocobo Knights'. They are all most american LS' i know of that are awesome players. I've joined a couple but they were too professional for me lol. I prefer a social LS :)

http://chilliheatwave.enjin.com/
By Vermilion 2011-10-11 12:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm well it does seem like Lindblum has some nice Linkshells, problem is my character is on the Besaid server, and I have no intentions of rerolling any time soon.