Jug Pet Caps? (DY)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Jug Pet Caps? (DY)
Jug Pet Caps? (DY)
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-09-20 12:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if anyone knows for sure whether or not some of our newer pets have been capped at 90 now that the player cap has been raised.

Specifically interested in Dipper Yuly, since this might provide a definite reason to keep Beast Affinity capped. I'm sure we'll get better tanking pet(s) eventually, but I don't see Dipper's usefulness for TH and EVA dipping below significance.

lol.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
Server: Cerberus
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-20 16:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering about the same but after soloing Carabosse today and seeing her die MUCH faster than when I was 90 (on 5 pops, not just a lucky pop), I have a feeling that Dipper is 95 now too. :) His damage was pretty high, even after her 2hr. Impressive stuff.

Unless my capped Beast Affinity is doing it. (Does that work beyond normal pet lvl cap?)

Either way Dipper is a powerhouse right now. Also have a feeling Dipper will remain our go-to evasion pet forever.

P.S.: This post is just how it seems to me, might not be completely accurate.
By seyton 2011-09-20 17:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Choerilos said: »
I was wondering about the same but after soloing Carabosse today and seeing her die MUCH faster than when I was 90 (on 5 pops, not just a lucky pop), I have a feeling that Dipper is 95 now too. :) His damage was pretty high, even after her 2hr. Impressive stuff. Unless my capped Beast Affinity is doing it. (Does that work beyond normal pet lvl cap?) Either way Dipper is a powerhouse right now. Also have a feeling Dipper will remain our go-to evasion pet forever. P.S.: This post is just how it seems to me, might not be completely accurate.

That's what Beast Affinity merits are for, to allow a jug to pop up to 10 levels above its cap.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-20 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

seyton said: »
That's what Beast Affinity merits are for, to allow a jug to pop up to 10 levels above its cap.

Thanks, I always thought the cap (as posted on wiki) already included those merits. Then I guess I don't know if it caps at 90 or not, sorry guys.
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-09-20 22:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, I also did some Carabosse killing today and was very pleased about the quicker kills.

(Un?)fortunately I'm 5/5 Beast Affinity so it doesn't say anything about cap still.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-21 06:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selzak said: »
Funny, I also did some Carabosse killing today and was very pleased about the quicker kills. (Un?)fortunately I'm 5/5 Beast Affinity so it doesn't say anything about cap still.

Okay, so that was not just me :) Good luck with the Cara farm.

Are there any BST who don't have Affinity capped so they could test it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2011-09-22 10:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's some post-update level cap testing:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=8&mid=1298635397162868956&h=50&p=3#119

Dipper is uncapped along with most other jugs. The couerl and flytrap capped at 90 and 93 though. Hope that helps. ^^
[+]
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-09-22 15:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad Clyvonne and Sieghard are capped, they were cheap and were a nice addition for BST tired of being with a sheep.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Goldengreg said: »
Too bad Clyvonne and Sieghard are capped, they were cheap and were a nice addition for BST tired of being with a sheep.
Wait, the raptor is capped too?
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-09-22 23:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Here's some post-update level cap testing:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=8&mid=1298635397162868956&h=50&p=3#119

Dipper is uncapped along with most other jugs. The couerl and flytrap capped at 90 and 93 though. Hope that helps. ^^
Thanks a ton!

Looks like Nazuna's HP is getting pretty high with BA. Unfortunately for my gil, I'll probably be sticking to Dipper tanking and Hobbs slaughtering though.
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-09-23 02:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Wait, the raptor is capped too?

According to Falkrik's link, all our cheap jugs except Nazuna might be capped. I hope they let the raptor uncapped >.<

If they cap Merle, they have to give us another blunt-type pet, another mandra or maybe the long-awaited Apkallu?

CraftyClyvonne 90
PrestoJulio 94
SwiftSeighard might be capped 94 (not sure)
FlowerpotMerle same

Quote:
I couldn't get a 95 FlowerpotMerle or SwiftSeighard to spawn, though it might still be uncapped (sadly, Vermihumus/Mellow Bird Broth aren't available from the GM Moogle)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2011-09-23 06:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more testing info here:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=8&mid=1298635397162868956&h=50&p=3#127

With regards to Seighard, yeah, I called 26 of'em, and they all spawned at level 94, with Monster Gloves. It's very likely that it's capped. I did manage to summon a level 95 FlowerpotMerle though, and got data for DiscreetLouise (another uncapped pet).
[+]