New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Requirements for soloing Carabosse
Requirements for soloing Carabosse
By Choerilos 2011-09-04 07:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings, mighty BSTs of Vana'diel.

Today I come to you with a minor request. I too am a BST, though one far from capable of the amazing feats you heroes seem to accomplish on a daily basis. I have a pet dmg taken -10% and haste+5 Kupo hat but beyond that I have no real pet gear, I do have Ducal Guard atma but not Future Fabulous. So my question is, what should I get to make Carabosse soloing possible?

Mostly looking for the bare essentials, though if something helps and is fairly easy to obtain, I would do that too. Magian weapons might be a bit too much work though, considering BST is not my main job.

I thank you all in advance.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-09-04 07:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dipper yuly, some form of DT, RR and any third atma she's that easy
[+]
By Choerilos 2011-09-04 07:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick reply. Will try her out with that later.
 Leviathan.Agetos
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Agetos 2011-09-08 02:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't perform feats, we perform miracles.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-08 02:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Time

also if you see a group killing the ***and all other ??? are taken, can you just sit and wait? :/ nothing pisses everyone off more then having 12 people stand around that could blow all their pops in 10-15min while you take 20-30 to solo one and all other carabosse are up.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-08 02:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt you are killing it between 45 seconds and 1:15.

Well i guess maybe you are if you are zerging it.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-08 05:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kannagi NIN, 3x Ukonvasara Warriors, BRD, Twashtar DNC, outside PT is nothing but support, BRD casts curaga if we get slept, bring a BLM and stun @ 20% if it hasn't bene'd and we usually kill it before it comes unstunned, somewhere in there, there is also a THF.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-09-08 06:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could always just proc red. Twashtar THF and Ukon WAR were able to take it down from 45% in the 30 seconds it was frozen. I'm sure your group could kill it from 80% or so.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 06:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
Kannagi NIN, 3x Ukonvasara Warriors, BRD, Twashtar DNC, outside PT is nothing but support, BRD casts curaga if we get slept, bring a BLM and stun @ 20% if it hasn't bene'd and we usually kill it before it comes unstunned, somewhere in there, there is also a THF.

Pretending this is the norm(or even a good idea at all) is completely unrealistic. If there's a group doing Carabosse, its generally a bunch of waterheads in Perle and Aurore.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-09-08 06:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go nin/dnc with or without kannagi.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-09-08 06:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Any Solo Job Other than BSt runs the very real risk of sucking down a one-shot Tornado II from Cara. Winter Breeze + Tornado 2 is almost always a killshot, depending on how long the sparkling *** has you locked.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 06:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It will almost certainly take longer to solo a Carabosse trial on any job than it would to level/find a suitable healer.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-09-08 06:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Just go nin/dnc with or without kannagi.

and don't fight it on windsday.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-08 06:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst with dipper yuli, a few pet food zeta stacks, razed ruins,ducal guard, apoc atma (for killing speed) , can replace apoc atma for another one of your choice, af3 legs+1 or +2 helps a lot, try to get a ,( not required tho but useful) smn for predator claw spam for speed kill will help a lot, best if the smn use razed ruins. sanguine syt, gnarled horn atmas, the smn can replace any of those atmas but razed ruins with MM too/ i done this lots of times for my Armageddon
 Cerberus.Choerilos
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-09 13:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually duo or trio her, but using the stuff from the first reply makes her pretty easy, not quick but doable. Only nasty thing when soloing is the whm spam. Duoing/trioing makes it pretty easy to outdamage the curing.

Usually need 0-3 Zeta's, way less than I expected. For now using Mounted Champion as 3rd atma, that is why I need so few rewards, will replace that for a proper DD atma when my gear becomes decent. 20/tic regen is pretty handy though.

14/50 at the moment. Oh and dispel is awesome for this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-09-09 15:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother duskk (bst) and i (smn) duo'd most of my cara's for my masa

he really had NO pet damage taken >.> but he had a full reward setup, and even so it wasnt that bad

he used razed ruins, mounted champ, andddd i cant remember the last one (but it wasnt ducal guard)

He was riding reward timers pretty hard, and occasionally we would get unlucky and his pets would go down, if that happened he would call a new pet, 2hr, then throw it on her and it seemed like that pet always did better

my smn at the time was pretty gimp, low skill, +1 gear and all that jazz but i was able to atleast hold carabosse (i have ducal guard) for a minute or so until duskk's call beast was back up

I've watched a bst/dnc solo carabosse by attempting to stun anything that looks like it might hurt too bad, then waltzing to recover hp and snarl hate back on pet but she would get unlucky with breakga or cyclonic turmoil and Aeroga/tornado

anyways thats how you gimp carabosse to death in 30~40 minutes
XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-09-09 20:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
He was riding reward timers pretty hard, and occasionally we would get unlucky and his pets would go down, if that happened he would call a new pet, 2hr, then throw it on her and it seemed like that pet always did better
Yeah familiar does have some effect on a pet. you sound all surprised it even did anything lol

im no bst, i know familiar "increases attributes" or whatever
but it was pretty nice to see since ive never really seen it in action lmao
 Cerberus.Choerilos
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-10 04:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Yeah familiar does have some effect on a pet. you sound all surprised it even did anything lol
im no bst, i know familiar "increases attributes" or whatever but it was pretty nice to see since ive never really seen it in action lmao

I do use Familiar from time to time (especially when soloing it) but to be honest the difference for me seems fairly minimal. I usually go /dnc and just put on box step between spells and cyclonic torrents, that helps with the -pdt it has after 2hr, a little anyway. I would come /rdm for dispel but it needs leveling and I hate playing it, a lot. When I have help they usually come /rdm.

Starting to long for Cirein-Croin, expecting a slightly more brutal but quicker fight, kind of more up my alley. I do like soloing the frog with FatsoFargann, nice excuse to use him for once, even if he needs more healing support there than Dipper does on Cara.