First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 19:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said: »
so everyone transfers to the test server and nobody plays on the regular servers anymore? xD
hardly anyone is on test server
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 19:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'd like to test out Pining Nocturne with a nuker
imonit
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 19:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
imonit

It wasn't what I thought it was :( It was addle, I could have sword we were getting a mdf- song
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-30 19:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
imonit

It wasn't what I thought it was :( It was addle, I could have sword we were getting a mdf- song
o
oic
well
HMM
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-08-30 19:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it working now :)

What did you do to get it working? I seem to be having the same troubles you were.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said: »

What did you do to get it working? I seem to be having the same troubles you were.

Actually extracting all the .zips
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-08-30 19:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said: »

Actually extracting all the .zips

Yeah I had done that but I just figured out what my problem was, I had copied the ffxi folder into my test server folder instead of the files and folders that were inside the ffxi folder.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-30 19:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
I saw Draylo on the test server today and nearly swooned :3
Hey faelar lol
By Darkzeru 2011-08-30 20:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice a couple of things about the test server concerning abyssea
1. In the hereoes zone, alot of ??? are missing (probably due to the intel requirement)
2. NMs that involve another pop NM either dont spawn or the ??? is missing.
Ex: Neither Ironclad Smiter's ??? or LongBarelled Chariot was up. Which neither have intel requirement according to wiki...rani does so assume that's missing too.
3. Iron clad's that pop normally don't appear to aggro they just remain in idle form (talk about trash >.>)
4. spawned caturae aren't around either
5. I went to the mis. coast and saw heqet and the bat NM so I shall assume for now that all spawn NMs are around
6. 5,000,000 cruor oh yes.... :) lol
By Darkzeru 2011-08-30 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hrmm my game is updating. Update today?

Unsure... I attempted to log on due to this but when i got there...minus a little delay from playonline screen to the "Play test server" screen...I logged on fine w/o an update
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-30 20:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a brand new server, various conditions have to be satisfied for certain NMs (including force pop) to pop. It's been so long I have no idea what any of these were. It could just be a matter of waiting x amount of time, or killing x amount of certain mob. Either way, I really doubt anyone is going to go through any amount of trouble obtaining these, especially since they'll probably wipe the server for each new test, and especially since Abyssea isn't exactly what they wanted us to be testing anyway.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-30 20:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Either way, I really doubt anyone is going to go through any amount of trouble obtaining these, especially since they'll probably wipe the server for each new test, and especially since Abyssea isn't exactly what they wanted us to be testing anyway.

Really I only went there because while im working on twashtar on real server...on test server i can use daka +2 so I wanted to see how Rudra's Storm was on dnc :P

Really the very first thing I did was do the T4 VWNM...was fun but that mantis didnt like us very much ; ;
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-08-30 20:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Since windower works based on your registry settings for FFXI, has anyone actually tried replacing their FFXI files with the test server files to see if windower works?
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-08-30 21:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is still crashing, and im doing the exact order it says. install, extract files(im putting on desktop), transfer those files (rom123456) to the test server files, update. still crashing. Any ideas?
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2011-08-31 00:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I installed on both my pc and on macbook pro via bootcamp and it works, don't know why so many people are having problems.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-31 00:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Since windower works based on your registry settings for FFXI, has anyone actually tried replacing their FFXI files with the test server files to see if windower works?
You do it and let us know. :3
By Pooman 2011-08-31 00:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Balias said: »
I installed on both my pc and on macbook pro via bootcamp and it works, don't know why so many people are having problems.

Because many people can't follow instructions.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-08-31 01:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said: »
Mine is still crashing, and im doing the exact order it says. install, extract files(im putting on desktop), transfer those files (rom123456) to the test server files, update. still crashing. Any ideas?

When it crashes, do you get a message about full screen mode or something? This happened my first time, so I just went in and changed the settings so that it starts in windowed mode. Works fine now. If this isn't the same issue, then I have no clue.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-08-31 01:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually fixed it. You have to extract the 3 files seperately. which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. i was highlighting all 3 and extracting, and it was only actually doing one of them.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-08-31 01:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually fixed it. You have to extract the 3 files seperately. which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. i was highlighting all 3 and extracting, and it was only actually doing one of them.

Hmmm, I extracted all mine at the same time. Though I did start them separately (didn't highlight them all at the same time), they were all extracting at the same time. Anyway, glad you got it going.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-08-31 01:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i was highlighting them all, right click, extract. Didnt work. You have to extract separately.
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2011-08-31 01:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading comprehension is your friend...
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-08-31 03:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i was highlighting them all, right click, extract. Didnt work. You have to extract separately.
Highlight all .zip files > Right click (or just highlight with the right button on the mouse held down) > Extract each archive to separate folder.
This is how I did it and had no problems whatsoever.
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 09:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

still having trouble with crashing even after puting it in windowed mode so it doesnt tell me the full screen error :/

i did everything in order and copied everything over and its STILL crashing :/ HALP!?
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 09:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
still having trouble with crashing even after puting it in windowed mode so it doesnt tell me the full screen error :/ i did everything in order and copied everything over and its STILL crashing :/ HALP!?
I did the following: (in somewhat detail) Note: This is what I did the second time and it finally worked
1.Downloaded
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/A11203W_001.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC2.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC3.zip

2. Extracted A11203W_001.zip,FFXITC.zip,FFXITC2.zip,FFXITC3.zip to my desktop (did all 4 at the same time) when FFXITC1-3 was extracted to my desktop they all went to a folder called "ffxi"
3. Opened the A11203W_001.zip file to do the Set up for the FFXI Test Client followed the instruction and it made a Test Client folder on my C Drive. (not at home but by default its the same directory where your FFXI is saved to.
4. Once that was done I OPENED that previous ffxi folder I mentioned and copied everything in that folder (NOTE: Do NOT copy the ffxi folder itself...open it and copy all it's content)
5. Go back to where the directory of the FFXI Test Client (where ever you told the set up to save it to) and paste the files mentioned in 4. to that folder. You will get alot of pop ups stating that the file with the same name is already there. Select "copy and replace" each time...at the bottom there's normally an option to do w/e option you choose with everything.
6. Once everything pasted there. Open up the test client...and log on to playonline like your normally do. Do NOT click on the red box....it'll automatically disconnect you (weird I know) wait until the Final Fantasy XI pops up.
7. Click on Play on Test Server.
8. Once there you'll get the update screen like usual once that's done if done right, it'll go to FFXI :)

I should also note that to NEVER update playonline until everything is in that folder... I never got past to ffxi (kept crashing) but has heard of people having one of the test moogles speaking in japanese if you did theupdate to early. If you do it how i wrote it you shoudln't have any issue with it.

Forgive all the typing. Was kind of just writing how I did w/o actually shorten it :P
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 09:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkzeru said: »
Inuyasha said: »
still having trouble with crashing even after puting it in windowed mode so it doesnt tell me the full screen error :/ i did everything in order and copied everything over and its STILL crashing :/ HALP!?
I did the following: (in somewhat detail) Note: This is what I did the second time and it finally worked 1.Downloaded http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/A11203W_001.zip http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC.zip http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC2.zip http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC3.zip 2. Extracted A11203W_001.zip,FFXITC.zip,FFXITC2.zip,FFXITC3.zip to my desktop (did all 4 at the same time) when FFXITC1-3 was extracted to my desktop they all went to a folder called "ffxi" 3. Opened the A11203W_001.zip file to do the Set up for the FFXI Test Client followed the instruction and it made a Test Client folder on my C Drive. (not at home but by default its the same directory where your FFXI is saved to. 4. Once that was done I OPENED that previous ffxi folder I mentioned and copied everything in that folder (NOTE: Do NOT copy the ffxi folder itself...open it and copy all it's content) 5. Go back to where the directory of the FFXI Test Client (where ever you told the set up to save it to) and paste the files mentioned in 4. to that folder. You will get alot of pop ups stating that the file with the same name is already there. Select "copy and replace" each time...at the bottom there's normally an option to do w/e option you choose with everything. 6. Once everything pasted there. Open up the test client...and log on to playonline like your normally do. Do NOT click on the red box....it'll automatically disconnect you (weird I know) wait until the Final Fantasy XI pops up. 7. Click on Play on Test Server. 8. Once there you'll get the update screen like usual once that's done if done right, it'll go to FFXI :) I should also note that to NEVER update playonline until everything is in that folder... I never got past to ffxi (kept crashing) but has heard of people having one of the test moogles speaking in japanese if you did theupdate to early. If you do it how i wrote it you shoudln't have any issue with it. Forgive all the typing. Was kind of just writing how I did w/o actually shorten it :P
i did all this though...its just crashing hard after i click "play on test server"
-ninja edited-
(although, i do appreciate the help!)
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 09:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm.... only thing I can think of is to delete everyting and redownload and repeat the process...
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 09:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm.... only thing I can think of is to delete everyting and redownload and repeat the process...
my thoughts exactly :/ (already doing it just to make sure i did it all.../wrists)
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 09:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I end up doing that do cancel out other reasons its not working but end up workingfine when i started from scratch
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 09:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I end up doing that do cancel out other reasons its not working but end up workingfine when i started from scratch
it MIGHTVE been that i copied the files over just as FFXI....fixing that now...will see

ninja edit~

twas the folder problem D: didnt transfer the files correctly (individually)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13