Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Stupid jug question
Stupid jug question
By Krebons 2011-08-08 09:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been looking around, ya know we all use dipper fatso sheep ect.. I'm looking for one with a native mdb trait or just magic resistant.. Any ideas? Been searching and can't seem to find anything....
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-08-08 10:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well they go by species so Dipper is resistant to wind, fatso to water. not 100% sure about others. I don't think there's a general high magic resistance pet.
By Jeubond 2011-08-08 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Krebons,
Not a stupid jug question at all in my humble opinion but one worthy of further discussion !
While it is possible to improve your pets magic def with gear and in Aby area's with atma's, as far as I'm aware there are no pets that have mdb or magic resist built-in as it were.
[Ok SS is attributed with having some resistance to fire, FF resist to water etc, however these are elemental traits and not what I suspect you mean ?]
I know that many pets have tp moves that are considered 'magic', [a typical example is NN's 'Sheep Song', an aoe sleep] however I would really like a Blm type pet that could 'nuke' full-time as opposed to melee and not have any nuke restricted to a tp move.
I'm not quite sure how you would determine the strength of any nuke, maybe it could be attained by various missions or quests ?
More along the lines of a personalised pet, maybe it could be applied to an item or gear which when equipped would give whichever pet you used have this 'magic' ability !
Good luck,
Jon
By Krebons 2011-08-08 10:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeubond said:
Hi Krebons,
Not a stupid jug question at all in my humble opinion but one worthy of further discussion !
While it is possible to improve your pets magic def with gear and in Aby area's with atma's, as far as I'm aware there are no pets that have mdb or magic resist built-in as it were.
[Ok SS is attributed with having some resistance to fire, FF resist to water etc, however these are elemental traits and not what I suspect you mean ?]
I know that many pets have tp moves that are considered 'magic', [a typical example is NN's 'Sheep Song', an aoe sleep] however I would really like a Blm type pet that could 'nuke' full-time as opposed to melee and not have any nuke restricted to a tp move.
I'm not quite sure how you would determine the strength of any nuke, maybe it could be attained by various missions or quests ?
More along the lines of a personalised pet, maybe it could be applied to an item or gear which when equipped would give whichever pet you used have this 'magic' ability !
Good luck,
Jon

Ah, I was not so much looking for a specific element, just all around magic resistant.. Suppose I need to broaden the jugs I carry.

Not so much wanting a pet that can "nuke" so to speak.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-08 11:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeubond said:
Hi Krebons,
Good luck,
Jon

actually if a bst charms a heceye and uses sic without it haveing tp causes the mob todo a random nuke.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-08 14:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SwiftSeighard has natural fire resist.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-10 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always go with a blast from the past and have Carrie use Bubble Curtain. <_<;