BST XML help on Engaged set
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 03:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I need some help on my BST XML "Engaged Sets" As you can see I ahve a "Engaged set" under each category if I'm on standard set, sub nin, whm or dnc.

my problem here is my body dosen't change on DNC "Engaged set" based on "Shared", any ideas what I done wrong? When I WS it swaps into WS gear but then goes back to default gears using Askar Korazin.

And as a notice I'm only 77 bst thats why none af3 or pearl gear.

But appriciate any helping advicec on what I missed or have to change thank you!

Here is my BST XML
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 04:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if it helps your dnc group doesnt have inheret="shared" like the other groups
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 04:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I'm not seeing any autoset rules in this spellcast at all, other than weaponskilling and doing specific ja's/spells I'm not seeing any means of rules pertaining to gear swapping for engaging despite the subjob used.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 04:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try adding
Code xml
<if spell="autoset">
<action type="equip" when="Idle" set="Standard"/>
<action type="equip" when="afterCast" set="$Aftercast" />
<action type="equip" when="engaged" set="Engaged" />
</if>

into your rules, just right after <rules>, and see if using autoset will help fix this. Despite this having non-90/current gear choices this looks really overcomplicated imho :|

edit: EEEEEEEEEEEEEE my first time using the new [code] highlighting!!!
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 04:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of little bugs in this thing. Give me a minute and I'll clean it up.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 04:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Lots of little bugs in this thing. Give me a minute and I'll clean it up.
Really, I was struggling just looking over it. I, personally, would just do a complete overhaul and make a new one using my own personal style of creating spellcasts, but to each their own ._.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 04:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this is a much older XML version i used about 2 years ago, it had not been added in anything new for newer SC version.

Yeah I tought of that to, but I wanted to try and add in the smaller things first to see if I got it to work with that.

And thanks Kelhor appriciate the help, and to you others thanks for replying :)
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 04:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So, lots going on here. First, a couple things about spellcast:

• Don't use if/if/if/if/if unless they're actually distinct conditions that could all happen at once. For cases where you're doing something like checking which JA/spell you used, if/elseif/elseif is faster, because as soon as one triggers, the parser can ignore the rest of the conditions, resulting in a faster execution time.

• Don't duplicate sets you inherited. You inherited them for a reason.

• Don't put subjob specific code in the rules section. Groups do this better and cleaner.

• Don't inherit/use baseset unless you need to. Spellcast is good about not switching things that don't need switched, but you shouldn't rely on it, and if you inherit the wrong thing, you'll be needlessly swapping gear that doesn't affect what you're doing.

A couple of things about your specific spellcast:

• I kept the 'whm sub is always in "standard" gear' logic, even though I don't care for it. You can always change it if you like, but that doesn't belong in rules. The way I implemented it was to make the "engaged" set on whm the same as the "standard", which essentially does the same thing.

• Took out a variable or two that was only in one place and wasn't being set anywhere.

• You now default to ninja sub's group.

• I moved the job specific type sets (waltz, etc) out of their job specific groups and into the main inherit, because if you change subs without changing spellcast group, you won't get what you expect (your gear to change)

Ok, the XML is here: http://codepeek.com/paste/4e3bbc4f195a820f4f164400

My apologies if there's a syntax error or something. It's really late and I'm not at my XI computer, can't test it :)
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 04:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
So, lots going on here. First, a couple things about spellcast:
  • Don't use if/if/if/if/if unless they're actually distinct conditions that could all happen at once. For cases where you're doing something like checking which JA/spell you used, if/elseif/elseif is faster, because as soon as one triggers, the parser can ignore the rest of the conditions, resulting in a faster execution time.

• Don't duplicate sets you inherited. You inherited them for a reason.

• Don't put subjob specific code in the rules section. Groups do this better and cleaner.

• Don't inherit/use baseset unless you need to. Spellcast is good about not switching things that don't need switched, but you shouldn't rely on it, and if you inherit the wrong thing, you'll be needlessly swapping gear that doesn't affect what you're doing.

A couple of things about your specific spellcast:
  • I kept the 'whm sub is always in "standard" gear' logic, even though I don't care for it. You can always change it if you like, but that doesn't belong in rules. The way I implemented it was to make the "engaged" set on whm the same as the "standard", which essentially does the same thing.

• Took out a variable or two that was only in one place and wasn't being set anywhere.

• You now default to ninja sub's group.

• I moved the job specific type sets (waltz, etc) out of their job specific groups and into the main inherit, because if you change subs without changing spellcast group, you won't get what you expect (your gear to change)

Ok, the XML is here: http://codepeek.com/paste/4e3bbc4f195a820f4f164400 My apologies if there's a syntax error or something. It's really late and I'm not at my XI computer, can't test it :)

Thank you Kelhor,

Yep tryed it, and it gives a "Parsing Error Line 182"
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 04:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah. Right below it, there's a typoed elseif. Make that </elseif>.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 05:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Bah. Right below it, there's a typoed elseif. Make that </elseif>.

Found one misspelled line in rules section that was written <else/if> fixed that, but the line for 182 to change to </elseif> I can't find, or do you mean I shall add in a line after line 182 wich called </elseif>? Otherwise I must be blind today :P
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 05:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the line. Are you getting any other errors?
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 07:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
That's the line. Are you getting any other errors?

Yep still says ERROR Line 182 - Error Empty Tag. Is what the line is telling me.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 09:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump,

Anyone have an idea why I'm still getting error on line 182 sense I corrected the typo Kelhor told me about? I tryed to look on this a while now, but I must be heavily blind I can't seem to see what is causing the failure. Would appriciate any suggestions thank you!
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yaay found what was wrong, was starring blind on the same lines and poff I saw this

182. <elseif Spell="*Haste*"> "This line was missing"
183. <equip when="precast" set="Haste" />
184. </else> "Removed this" and made </elseif> instead, loaded and runs so far. Now try to see it swaps accordign to gear in list and sets.

So huge thanks to everyone so far!
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah. Not being able to test is the downfall of a lot of software.

Glad you found it, and hope it works for you!
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 13:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Ah, yeah. Not being able to test is the downfall of a lot of software. Glad you found it, and hope it works for you!

Yep so far it works fine, once again huge thanks for the update of the XML :) Have a great weekend!
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 14:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw Kelhor,

How do I change group with this new XML, because when I try to use my old maccros for grp swap it says following.

Did not find a set: Main group Shared. All other groups works besides it gears me the wrong way on my gear selcetion :(

Example If I push the grp NIN, I should have what set's for that grp correct, but nope it gears Kirin's Osode, Omega ring, Genbu's kabuto as in only used for waltz when DNC sub?

Updated xml here

Edit.

Now I get lots of failures in this XML I tryed to add in some more under nin and dnc grp sense it diden't takes the right gear from so called Shared.

1 Refuses to equip Ogre Gloves

2 When trying to call a jug pet It summons the wrong pet

And my maccros ingame looks like this. And all maccros are seperate from eachother. But when I try to summon sheep, it summons Dipper Kinda annoying. And if none has time to help me fix it, can someone please post a 110% functional BST XML for level cap 90? Thank you!

Dipper pet
/equip ammo "Wool Grease"
/wait 3
/ja "Call Beast" <me>

Sheep pet
/equip ammo "D. Herbal Broth"
/wait 3
/ja "Call Beast" <me>

3. Dosen't equip Bibiki Seashell

4. I have latest version of windower and everything is updated as of today.

5. Getting error on line 172
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-06 05:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking for help, now I got a new ERROR line saying line 135, anyone who can figure this out, and assist me with this one, so I can get it working? Thank you!

135. </group>
136. <group name="whm" BaseGroup="Shared">
137. <set name="Standard" BaseGroup="Shared" BaseSet="Standard" default="yes">
138. <main>Leopard Axe</main>
139. <sub>Tatami Shield</sub>
140. </set>

XML here
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-06 15:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-06 16:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lines 108 and 109 are missing end tags. Also in the XML in your last post your config is a little off. Changed the end tags to get it to work for me at least.

This fixed it for me when I loaded. Full file here: http://pastebin.com/z4yFBHLL

Code
           <config
                    HideErrors="True"
                    Debug="False"
                    ShowSpellInfo="False"
            />

lines 108 and 109:
Code
<set name="Standard" BaseGroup="Shared" BaseSet="Standard" default="yes"/>
<set name="Engaged" BaseGroup="Shared" BaseSet="Engaged" default="yes"/>
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-07 03:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Bekisa,

Thank you I will try this when I get home :) Aprriciate the help, have a good weekend!
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-12 16:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BST XML here

Bekisa helped me update the last things, but get a failure when resting or logging out of game saying that my XML is outdated. <rule> has been removed and you must use <if> now. Cansecling parse of rules.

So questions can I just change all places where it says <rule> to >> <if>, or do I need to add something more to get the commands <if> to work?
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-13 01:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

bump anyone know if I can just swap out the <rule> to <if>, or do I need to make some new lines with some other comands to make the <if> to work properly?

EDIT:

Found an spellcast upgrade wich seems to have fixed my problem, but thank you everyone!