Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » bomb queen solo
bomb queen solo
By Eluveitie 2011-08-03 00:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If one were planning to try bomb queen on bst what kind of setup/pet would you reccomend. Kinda iffy on nursery it being a sheep and sheep are fire weak. Thought about anna or dipper would be best? Problem is trying to figure out if my pet can survive a SD every 40 sec or how to deal with the princes before they blow up.
 Bahamut.Attribute
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: XGP0001
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-08-03 00:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No offence but why even bother? I mean just to do it is reason enough, but the ring is pretty useless now.
By Jacaut 2011-08-03 00:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thought i read somewhere that the raptor has resist fire maybe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2011-08-03 00:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

last time i did bomb queen was like @ level 80 it died pretty damn quick.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-03 00:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said:
No offence but why even bother? I mean just to do it is reason enough, but the ring is pretty useless now.
wtf? for someone that want 2x HP ring like for a devotion set? That ring isn't useless at all still good for excal procc too.You silly ppl.....
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-08-03 00:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said:
It's still the best DRK zerg HP ring with Meridian Ring isn't it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-03 00:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vagrua said:
Bahamut.Attribute said:
It's still the best DRK zerg HP ring with Meridian Ring isn't it?
It's the the second best HP ring, yeah

EDIT: Hello there 1k post......I need to quit this website!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-03 00:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use fatso largan(sp) the leech NM. Have it tank main NM while you kill the babies.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-03 01:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
still good for excal procc too.You silly ppl.....

Don't get me wrong, I love my HP, but Excalibur users shouldn't be TPing in hit point gear. The effect doesn't go off often enough (though it always finds a way to kill my trial mobs before I can KoR them).

/still love my BQ ring though, just for other reasons
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-03 01:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
still good for excal procc too.You silly ppl.....

Don't get me wrong, I love my HP, but Excalibur users shouldn't be TPing in hit point gear. The effect doesn't go off often enough (though it always finds a way to kill my trial mobs before I can KoR them).

/still love my BQ ring though, just for other reasons
Really depends of what you are doing.My friend have aegis/excal/almace/ochain and depending on what mob he is fighting ( a situation where something cast heavy magic dmg but hit like a truck too) he will switch around ochain/aegis and just go full HP for TP Gear and count on excal procc as dmg instead of ws.

But I see what you mean, either way.
By Eluveitie 2011-08-03 15:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

BST90 can definately solo the queen, answered my own question. Died 1st try so went back and re-evaluated the situation and tried again, went something like this:

Make sure Call Beast timer is up and ready
Have pet food and a good reward build
1st try i was /DNC and failed due to getting nailed by flare and 2 blowing up adds during the pet swap, this fight definately requires /WHM or /RDM in my opinion(i went with WHM for casting reraise). Buff up get barfira on (very important to keep this up @ all times)
pop nm sic pet on it, i used NurseryNazuna
now get away from it, and swap to your full pet tank setup, didnt hit all that hard and adds were no issue. i just let them hang out and blow up, self destruct only took off maybe 150-200 of nursery's hp.
i have 5/5 in reward recast and bison warbonnet in my build with decent reward gear, your sheep should pull 4-5 feedings before the next step.
Around 45-50% of BQ's hp youll probably need a sheep swap. blink up and barfire. As soo as sheep dies call new (you'll get drawn in most likely) put the queen on the pet. the 2 adds will be on you but theyre no issue to deal with them yourself. this second sheep i 2hrd and basically just concentrated on keeping it alive until BQ died. All in all took about 15-20min to chip it's hp off with my pet acting as sole DD.

dropped ring, 18k gil a bomb ash and arm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-08-05 14:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz Eluveitie,

Personal i like this ring combined with Meridians for my healing breath onf DRG, only need homam feet to cap out that HB.

I know many players says this BQ ring is usless. But thb it is matter of prefference and what you as player want for gear ingame. If you decid that you want an BQ ring then go for it :)
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-08-05 14:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tessy said:
Gratz Eluveitie,

Personal i like this ring combined with Meridians for my healing breath onf DRG, only need homam feet to cap out that HB.

wyrm armet
wyvern mail
drachen brais +1
Chanoix's gorget - lancer's torque

There are a few other pieces, gloves, earring, mantle that enhance Healing breaths, how did you manage to cap out with ONLY your homam feet?!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-05 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Fenrir.Tessy said:
Gratz Eluveitie, Personal i like this ring combined with Meridians for my healing breath onf DRG, only need homam feet to cap out that HB.
wyrm armet wyvern mail drachen brais +1 Chanoix's gorget - lancer's torque There are a few other pieces, gloves, earring, mantle that enhance Healing breaths, how did you manage to cap out with ONLY your homam feet?!

I'm guessing they already have those other pieces.

Also, I know this is a BST thread, but I'd love to see what a Galka with full HP gear(aside from head slot) can trigger their breaths at. Any Galka out there that take their Healing Breath seriously?

Also, also, grats on solo! I remember trio'ing it at level 75 and feeling like I was the man. Now at 90 a BST can solo! ; ;
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-05 14:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Fenrir.Tessy said:
Gratz Eluveitie,

wyrm armet
wyvern mail
drachen brais +1
Chanoix's gorget - lancer's torque

There are a few other pieces, gloves, earring, mantle that enhance Healing breaths, how did you manage to cap out with ONLY your homam feet?!

I think He meant that was all he needed to finish his HB set
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-08-05 14:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah nvm, I completely misunderstood him hahaha. I suppose I read that out of context or something.