Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Smithing Help
Smithing Help
 Unicorn.Bladerah
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2011-08-02 04:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent consistent way of making profit with smithing. Like, is there a good synth or 2 that turn out to have a product that even if npc'd it is a profit? Also, I was wondering if the new 50,000 gp items stack and give +1 to your skill for each you have in your mh.
By Itze 2011-08-02 04:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Desynth antican pauldron and get darksteel ingots. If your WW is high enough then spam darksteel picks to npc for 144k~ thats not including cost of crystals and mats.

Use to have ~10 stacks of darksteel ingots a day when ore was cheap and RMT sold it to me cheap as well and got a large sum of profit then when a stack of ingots were only selling 80k~ a stack.
 Unicorn.Bladerah
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2011-08-03 01:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can you think of anything else?
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-08-03 02:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pray to the crafting gods that imperial wootz bigots return. Until then, level fishing.
 Unicorn.Bladerah
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2011-08-03 04:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol best ive been able to do is mass produce darksteel caps and hope ppl buy.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
By daisythunder 2011-10-19 16:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire Crystal 250
Imperial Wootz Ingot 15,000
Square Of Manta Leather 5,000
Scintillant Ingot 100,000 (tough to get. desynth lamia pieces, luminum ore + oriculum yikes)
this recipe for habusaya - katana - sells for 240k for regular synth and the HQ should price in about 5 times that. Adamant Sheets look like a good item to workshop anvil. better money maker might be

Earth Crystal
Aluminum Ingot x6 12,000
Mandrel
Total Cost 13,500.
(easier - sell 7 stacks at a time. else do gold chains.)
approx. makes aluminum chains, you can do gold chains too if they run out of aluminum ingots. from a buy all my materials and produce a part for a profit type synth. someone else up the chain of production is making something out of the chains but the chains sell fairly quickly and you have the 60 goldsmithing to do it. you might look at the corsair gun synths if they didnt require so much woodworking to see if any of those are worth making. I'd avoid adamant ingot type synths unless your skilling up on them. purple paladin armor demand is way down right now and hauby prices are really bad too almost to the point where buying the stuff on ah and desynthing for the ingots looks entertaining and profitable. but the ingot prices are depressed as well.

the money making secrets are closely guarded secrets. (fish nebonites on the boat, make profits by volume sales of ingots,sheets,chains, silks,what nots you thief farm while waiting on nm xyz to pop.) fishing and mineing (money).. smithing n goldsmithing a side adventure into painful synthing..

making odditys - puppet parts and corsair guns in small supplies could pay off. if you farm the mats and pick a good one. collecting odditys is always a ticket to fast wealth.. new recipes especially. use ffxiah to do your homework.