FFXI can now be paid via crysta
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-27 14:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

just made a PlaySPan account. how does one go about linking it to paypal and actually purchasing crysta?
 Cerberus.Sonoma
Server: Cerberus
user: Sonoma76
By Cerberus.Sonoma 2011-07-27 14:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How much Crysta does it cost to even play ffxi? I don't understand wtf Crysta is... I was gonna do the Click&Buy but apparently ppl say that it's not a reliable source. So if I add the Crysta Option, how much am I looking at purchasing each month??
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-27 14:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

100 crysta = 1.00 USD. and you can buy crysta using Plsyspan's ultimate cards or can even just buy ultimate points i think. the kicker is that we can use paypal to buy the stuff with. and id trust paypal a whole lot more than i trust click and buy. i just need to figure out if it is the ultimate points that is used to purchase crysta.
 Leviathan.Sylar
Server: Leviathan
user: Gojiras
By Leviathan.Sylar 2011-07-27 18:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The prices in Crysta are the same as their dollar value in the old system. One character would be 1295 crysta, two would be 1395, etc. To convert dollars to crysta all you have to do is remove the decimal point.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-07-27 18:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the Crysta thing, works very well with pay pal. only thing I would like more is 30-60 day prepaid cards at 7-11!
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 18:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

thought i'd bring this up here, was just recently mentioned by a com rep on official forums to address extra fee concerns

Bayohne said:
When you return after having been away from the game (or during a "forget to load Crysta" incident), and wish to resume your billing, you simply need to pay the fee for the upcoming 30 days; that's it.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2011-07-27 18:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just like wow and battle.net~ this whole thing is really.
By Paulus 2011-07-27 18:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Debit cards with Visa logo and used with 3d secure are still good to pay aren't they?
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 18:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
Debit cards with Visa logo and used with 3d secure are still good to pay aren't they?
yes, i only know cause that's exactly what i used to pay for some crysta a while back

EDIT, and i payed for the crysta through clickandbuy
By Paulus 2011-07-27 18:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 18:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol XD I'm with ya on that
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-27 18:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ClickandBuy refuses to allow me to register with my debit card (probably because of the "verified by visa" thing that pops up from my bank), and I really don't want to go turn my money into points to pay for my account every month. Why can't I just keep paying directly with my card...damn SE.

edit: what's the most painless way to purchase crysta online with my debit card? I see people mentioning paypal, but in my SE account the only way I see of buying it is with ClickandBuy or that points website.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 18:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

does it not give you the option to sign up for the verified by visa thing when you try? if it does, its a very painless process. but otherwise... i think you can use your debit card to buy crysta from ultimatepay's website, or use paypal with them too... i know this forces you to do the monthly crysta thing, but you can also stock up on crysta and the SE account will simply charge the needed amount out of your crysta balance every month. you can set it not to do that too, but its all i can really give for you
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-07-27 18:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12120-Petition-clickandbuy-the-only-way-no-thanks.

if u didn't found this discussion yet
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2011-07-27 18:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

while ur logged into SE site, click buy/add crysta, then it will ask how u wanna pay, u select paypal. ur SE account will have a crysta balance it will (i think) auto charge ur points if thats what u selected as ur payment method.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said:
while ur logged into SE site, click buy/add crysta, then it will ask how u wanna pay, u select paypal. ur SE account will have a crysta balance it will (i think) auto charge ur points if thats what u selected as ur payment method.
ok yea i just tried this myself, you are given to 2 options

click and buy, and ultimatepay

you select ultimatepay and it loads up a menu to access your paypal.

so that's easier than i thought it was... honestly i can understand that this whole shift is a pain, but i think it has more up sides than downsides. really allows more options of payment. and if you wanna stick to the way it has been do clickandbuy, though i also understand some people's hesitation on using them
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-27 18:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
does it not give you the option to sign up for the verified by visa thing when you try? if it does, its a very painless process. but otherwise... i think you can use your debit card to buy crysta from ultimatepay's website, or use paypal with them too... i know this forces you to do the monthly crysta thing, but you can also stock up on crysta and the SE account will simply charge the needed amount out of your crysta balance every month. you can set it not to do that too, but its all i can really give for you
I signed up for the verified by vista thing a while ago. I'm putting in the correct password and everything gets through fine. But, when it brings me back to the ClickandBuy registration page, it tells me the card information is incorrect.

Anyways, I figured out how to purchase crysta with paypal and have 5000 waiting in my account.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-07-27 20:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if this has been said or not, but i decided to link this walmart recargable gift card i had that had like 25 bucks on it. when i linked it to click and buy, i check the walmartmoneycard trasactions, and just linking with click and buy costed $2.40..... which kinda pissed me off.
decided to just add 2000 crysta and it went through fine, with no extra charges. seems like they charge you a small fee when you link a credit card or debit card.
thinking of just getting another one of these cards and put $102.40..... on it and just buy $100 worth of crysta and not worry about it.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-07-27 20:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:
I signed up for the verified by vista thing a while ago. I'm putting in the correct password and everything gets through fine. But, when it brings me back to the ClickandBuy registration page, it tells me the card information is incorrect.

Anyways, I figured out how to purchase crysta with paypal and have 5000 waiting in my account.

It might be that your bank is declining the transaction because the Click and Buy that SE is going through is based in Europe and some banks automatically block any transactions from there and other surrounding areas, I just found this out the other day when I went to buy minecraft and got declined for the transaction followed by a phone call the next day stating the exact reason. I myself am unable to use the Click and Buy.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-07-27 20:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

kadia u get that charge back dont worry in a day or 2 it will be back its click and buy that takes it then sends it back just to verify
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-07-27 20:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ah. well good to know :) i just buy another 500 crysta so it will pay for 2 months. yay lol.
By volkom 2011-07-27 20:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda like the crysta idea. now if I run out of crysta I can be like "oh crap, need to get more so I can play more" instead of "oh... I havn't had time to play in like 3 weeks, damnit and Its still charging me"
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-07-27 23:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to unlink an account from a SEID?
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-07-28 00:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*facepalm* by reading it seems I made a big mistake by going though click&buy... I guess next month or so I'll switch to crysta & just use those Ultimate gamer cards (found out a store nearby dose have them, but do they support FFXI? listed a bunch of games then "100s more" ) I'll see...maybe it wont be so bad...maybe >.>

Direct payment is "JP ONRY" maybe they get some awesome item that non Japanese can never get unless they .dat swap or pay loads of money to get a reg. code for a Japanese players only item (the piano) "You get a chocobo wand with a week cool down wwwwwwwwwwwww!!!"
 Bismarck.Upgrayedd
By Bismarck.Upgrayedd 2011-07-28 01:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are our product codes required to transfer the accounts to any other form of payment crysta/c&b?

I ask cause I have been playing for more years than I would like to admit and know that these codes are long gone and if so is there a way to retrieve them from s/e's customer service over the phone?
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-28 01:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for not backreading on this, but

Did anyone get an Error code: 104 when they tried to use their clickandbuy registered card to either continue or reactivate a character? I was unable to reactivate a character on a separate account (though circumstances probably vary) with clickandbuy but after I charged crysta to the account (ironically using clickandbuy) I could do it just fine. Anyone else? Anything like this?
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 03:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I jump into this with potential regrets and headaches, would anyone care to paraphrase and give the lowdown on payment options we have now?

And from the sound of things, I'd sooner gouge my eyes out with a spork than give any of my information, let alone credit card info to ClickAndPay/PayPal.

Hopefully there are retail game cards out there that are valid for Crysta, even if it doesn't come to an equal amount.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 08:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Before I jump into this with potential regrets and headaches, would anyone care to paraphrase and give the lowdown on payment options we have now? And from the sound of things, I'd sooner gouge my eyes out with a spork than give any of my information, let alone credit card info to ClickAndPay/PayPal. Hopefully there are retail game cards out there that are valid for Crysta, even if it doesn't come to an equal amount.

Paypal is extremely secure. I wouldn't group it with any other online payment service, let alone ClickandPay.

Your options are essentially clickandpay, or ultimatepay. I have no idea how click works so I can't speak for that, but ultimatepay was simple. I tied my paypal account to a new ultimatepay account last night and EASILY popped a month's worth of crysta into the SE account. I also purchased an ultimatepay card for another month worth. I had stopped at the local gamestop to pick one up (to see how simple it would be) and signed in. It's extremely easy. You type in an email and a scratch off pin on the ultimatepay card and you get the credit.

The transfer process was very easy as well. Aside from taking 30 mins to remember the POL password i never use, it was probably 15 mins of work at most. Now I have the reassurance of knowing that my monthly fee's will be paid for with a verified and safer service thanks to my paypal account, and HOPEFULLY, i can stop fretting over whehter I'll ever get LM-17'ed due to POL billing issues.

I'm not saying everyone is going to have a problemless transfer. Yesterday I was the "I hate change and this will suck like everything else SE does" jaded gamer and I wanted to offer a ray of hope for anyone who is still in that boat.

*edit* for those in the states: ultimatepay really is like..... everywhere (in MI at least). they have them at my local best buy, 7-11 store, gamestop, gas stations etc. I'm seeing that *** little doucher with the flame hair everywhere now.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-07-28 08:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the UltimatePay easy too, although the cards are almost impossible to get in the EU, but luckily they accept PayPal.

From start to finish it's probably quicker to pay for your FFXI subscription using UltimatePay than it was via POL, unless you had it setup via direct debit.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10