Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pup Solo
Pup Solo
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-07-17 19:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lolpup i know the trend. What have pups solo'd i would like to know. My buddy has done some hard NM's, just wondering what the rest of you guys have done.

His most notable solo would be Glavoid, just wondering what else is out there.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-17 19:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly Bernie.
[face_shocked]
But seriously, I've just been playing on and off since coming back, still half-geared so nothing big, Koios I think being my biggest, unless keesha poppo is considered harder :/ easy though, 5/10 body seals from him :(, Keesha could actually wipe me though cos of her random 3x tp spam
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 19:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to duo keesha, cuz she kept jumping the damn wall I kited her on lol.. my nukes were ridic on her though.. I love those magian claws with pet: MAB+10... I basically solo'd the bunny on pup/nin in vunk inlet (a) for feet seals. the blm only casted to proc yellow cuz he needed blm feet seals. he never took hate once. (and i did some pops when he afk'd and got it to like 35% solo before he got back lol)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 19:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW, soloing Glavoid sounds VERY impressive... how did they do it? And how did you solo the body seal NM? Straight tanking?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-07-17 19:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Never really solo'd things due to how long it took for so little reward.

The few things I've solo'd include. Keesha Poppo, Mangy-tailed Marvin, Ovni, Gnawtooth Gary, Ruminator, Funereal Apkallu, Flame Skimmer, Chasmic Hornet, Piasa, Avalerion, and Koios.

As you can see nothing special. Glavoid though, that's nice. I have been thinking of trying Chloris solo at least once after duoing him so much he really doesn't seem too bad.

Edit: Just realized this is only Abyssea solos. lol I'm too lazy to try to remember the stuff I've done outside. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head at the moment is Charybdis.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-07-17 19:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
BTW, soloing Glavoid sounds VERY impressive... how did they do it? And how did you solo the body seal NM? Straight tanking?

Yea, just straight tank Koios with Soulsoother. As long as he doesn't use Earthen Fury (which doesn't happen too often) you'll take him down easy.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-17 19:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I had to duo keesha, cuz she kept jumping the damn wall I kited her on lol.. my nukes were ridic on her though.. I love those magian claws with pet: MAB+10... I basically solo'd the bunny on pup/nin in vunk inlet (a) for feet seals. the blm only casted to proc yellow cuz he needed blm feet seals. he never took hate once. (and i did some pops when he afk'd and got it to like 35% solo before he got back lol)
I straight tanked it, which is why she could wipe me. PUP/NIN whm bot
By Ska681 2011-07-18 13:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Koios
Ovni
Gnawtooth Gary
Keesha Poppo
for get the name but its a purple dragon in highlands abyssea
ironclad in attowa
Imp nm in salavge mostly from ranger puppet pulling w/ WS and RA
BST cape nm in highlands charms using valoredge
Fly vnm for vere trials that was actually pretty fun ram also but not that i wanted to wiped a few times to that freaking ram aswell
Spider NM in coast by the OO flux starts w/ an A
Sleepga 2 NM in the tree but thats been awhile need movement speed and blm puppet had 7crabs training me too. would get a 3ice off then vent let the puppet just cast til aspir started triggering then DAD and repeat
Really been thinking of trying OB just to see if i can get my attachments will let you know if i can and how i do it.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-18 14:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ska681 said:
Koios
Ovni
Gnawtooth Gary
Keesha Poppo
ironclad in attowa
Fly vnm for vere trials that was actually pretty fun ram also but not that i wanted to wiped a few times to that freaking ram aswell
Sleepga 2 NM in the tree but thats been awhile need movement speed and blm puppet had 7crabs training me too. would get a 3ice off then vent let the puppet just cast til aspir started triggering then DAD and repeat
Really been thinking of trying OB just to see if i can get my attachments will let you know if i can and how i do it.
So Turul, Dekka, Raskovnik, Farruca Fly, Athamas, and Agas? >.>
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-07-18 14:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly don't solo a lot on PUP... I've done the random athamas/iktomi/marvin/<weaktimespawnnm>

Also did kite/nuke on Blazing Eruca, and then did Ob recently, lol >.>;

A turul solo sounds impressive =o
(glavoid sounds nearly impossible)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 14:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm Blazing Eruca can be done? I have hermes sandals... any kite path I should know about? I still need +1 heads in that zone (and a lot of them lol)
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-07-18 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ska681 said:
Koios
Ovni
Gnawtooth Gary
Keesha Poppo
ironclad in attowa
So Turul or Kukulkan, Ironclad Cleaver, Dekka, Raskovnik, Farruca Fly, Athamas, and Agas? >.>
The wiki talk page for Glavoid shows a strategy for how to solo him on pup (before they ruined our Burats).
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-18 14:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selka said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ska681 said:
Koios
Ovni
Gnawtooth Gary
Keesha Poppo
ironclad in attowa
So Turul or Kukulkan, Ironclad Cleaver, Dekka, Raskovnik, Farruca Fly, Athamas, and Agas? >.>
The wiki talk page for Glavoid shows a strategy for how to solo him on pup (before they ruined our Burats).

This doesn't really contribute to the discussion in anyway, but I always just called those Burritos.
By Ska681 2011-07-18 15:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops not Turul looking for the guys name...
Balaur and its a Wyvern before i get trolled some more MY BAD