Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-11 16:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

500k a peice is cheap. 750+ for the difficulty / price of pop set.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-11 21:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The NM isn't that bad to kill. The most important factor is stuns.. If you end up with shitty stunners (PS2 users or generally slow players who blame everything on lag or not seeing it in chat log) you will die. You can have one person hasted and have them stun every spell it does, other than that the only threat is lithic breath if it gets off but can be side stepped. Also the pull is important as well, it opens with a cast and runs fast so don't let one person pop it alone to bring to the ramp, or you can fight at the ???.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-11 21:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
The NM isn't that bad to kill. The most important factor is stuns.. If you end up with shitty stunners (PS2 users or generally slow players who blame everything on lag or not seeing it in chat log) you will die. You can have one person hasted and have them stun every spell it does, other than that the only threat is lithic breath if it gets off but can be side stepped. Also the pull is important as well, it opens with a cast and runs fast so don't let one person pop it alone to bring to the ramp, or you can fight at the ???.
On what case do you assume that PS2 users are crappy at using Stun?
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-11 21:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

5 popsets would cost 1.5 mil, one brew would cost 500k. 2mil for a chance at 5-10, with my experience I think it's safe to assume 8 out of that five so 250k per is at-cost. After that you can value the cost of the merc, so in my opinion 500k each (profit of 2mil for 60-75 minutes of work) is kind of ridiculously high. I'd probably do this at 400k per, maybe a flat charge of 1mil if the other person provided the popsets and took on the variance.

Edit: I think it's more cost effective to use KI holders than bring stunners into the profit loop.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-11 21:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Mainly stems from my experience with them. They always screw up and blame it on lag or ps2 limitations, what have you.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-11 21:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:

Edit: I think it's more cost effective to use KI holders than bring stunners into the profit loop.

He doesn't even need to pay anyone, save that gil for buying sisy fragments before you head out. You really can do it with three people (four if the main DD isn't geared well). Two DD(one being a thief, although apa has high drop rate on double drop) on apa, one hasted stunner and a white mage.

Also, you could advertise the +2 items and phurba in a shout and gather a bunch of people and get them all KI from the first NM (back tank this nm and its np, proc red etc) and then brew them. You can fit like 7 apa into one brew with sanguine blade and the right atma.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-07-11 21:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

When we did this trial for a friend, it never even used this move. Probably because we fought it on its side so that it couldn't use the move...

But yes, it's easy fight with component stunners.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-11 21:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Mainly stems from my experience with them. They always screw up and blame it on lag or ps2 limitations, what have you.
Leviathan be wack.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-07-11 21:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just build some pearl and you'll usually get a chest off the NM to lock on, saves a couple seconds of fiddling with menus. But yes it works fine and if you can get someone with a mule or two to hold pops you should be able to brew more than 3 with Aeolian Edge.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-11 21:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
I was being overly lazy i guess, might suck it up and *** out 2 RL friends.
I assume now that I think about it, THF BLM WHM with THF brewing the 3 pops should work?
Strat would just be pop it and stun brew with whatever WS is best and use ToM item to lock timer, rinse repeat?

You would be expending a lot of cruor by not fitting in the max, you should pick up some shout stragglers and aim for 6~7 pops. THF can get access to Sanguine blade I believe, you should use that. It can 3 shot him pretty easily, just stun upon pop and go to town.
By Burkey 2011-07-11 21:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
I was being overly lazy i guess, might suck it up and *** out 2 RL friends.
I assume now that I think about it, THF BLM WHM with THF brewing the 3 pops should work?
Strat would just be pop it and stun brew with whatever WS is best and use ToM item to lock timer, rinse repeat?

yes a good idea. just get pops and pop brew/lock brew 3 times. did this for glavoid myself for maybe 15 kills since i didnt feel like dealing with him lol. also, buying really only the dhorme pops wont be that expensive in the long run if you get 2 in one kill, even 1 in 1 kill would be what 200k? just have good friends and on your down time you can either buy/send them dhorme pops or farm pops in uleg with some amber and send it their way (saves money). then when ready knock out dhorme and get ready for brew. idk apa's drop rate but from what i read from a few posts here doesnt seem too bad. hope you can save some money and good luck D:

edit: :D *