Rudra's Storm Dmg Pics!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm dmg pics!
Rudra's Storm dmg pics!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 03:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
That's like saying Rudra's will never beat evisceration UNSTACKED. Get the point? If it isn't going to crit, it isn't worth it. Mercy Stroke is better than Rudra'a. And guess what? They're both better than evisceration when stacked.

Good god, do you people even know how to play this game?

I know how to play this game, ill do a quick schematic for you if you still don't understand... Maybe you don't play the job enough who know.

You fight NM, and BAAM NM moved, SA or TA fail, Mercy stroke hit for 65~320 dmg.

You fight the same damn NM: SA/TA fail, Evis still hit for 3~4k DMG.

[/b]And we all know people in abyssea don't move right, and ya tell me the hate don't CAP so quick and mob shift direction every 5 sec.

With Ukon, you don't care if mob change dirrection, is 5~14k in his face. If you still wan go for Twas, is pure personal choice because you liek the job and not because you wan to be impressed by the dmg. (Same go with mandau, you better go for a more useful dyna relic)

I don't see how people who don't move can mess up a TA. Only you can be the one messed that up.

Mandau is one of the very few relics worth getting still. At 95 cap, I'm positive it will overtake Twash as the best dagger. Only reason it's behind atm is from ODD.
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 03:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
That's like saying Rudra's will never beat evisceration UNSTACKED. Get the point? If it isn't going to crit, it isn't worth it. Mercy Stroke is better than Rudra'a. And guess what? They're both better than evisceration when stacked.

I know how to play this game, ill do a quick schematic for you if you still don't understand... Maybe you don't play the job enough who know.

You fight NM, and BAAM NM moved, SA or TA fail, Mercy stroke hit for 65~320 dmg.

You fight the same damn NM: SA/TA fail, Evis hit for 3~4k DMG.

And we all know people in abyssea don't move right, and ya tell me the hate don't CAP so quick and mob shift direction every 5 sec.

With Ukon, you don't care if mob change dirrection, is 5~14k in his face. If you still wan go for Twas, is pure personal choice because you liek the job and not because you wan to be impressed by the dmg. (Same go with mandau, you better go for a more useful dyna relic)

How do you fail TAs?

People move right before you swing? Did you really just ask this?
[+]
By Pooman 2011-07-10 03:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

And we all know people in abyssea don't move right, and ya tell me the hate don't CAP so quick and mob shift direction every 5 sec.

You must play with a fail group of people because I never have trouble getting SA/TA to hit.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

Stacked. MS > RS > Evis

Unstacked Evis > everything else isn't even worth noting in abyssea.

Herp to the derp.

Almost agree here, RS in abyssea due to ATMA + Aftermath >> MS, you can't ignore that part, is a huge difference on DOT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-10 03:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

How do you fail TAs?

People move right before you swing? Did you really just ask this?

You obviously missed the point.

Nevermind you are right idk how thf works

GJ
[+]
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 03:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

You must play with a fail group of people because I never have trouble getting SA/TA to hit.

You don't play with random people ever? Where's the fun in that?
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:

Not fail ppl, just people that don't care about THF, they in game for TH only right? Anyway even if that myth now kinda gone, they still don't give a heck, why would your WAR hold Ukon 5~14k dmg to allow you perform you SA/TA? (You think WAR always wan to be in front of the mob and take all cone attack dmg?) (Replace WAR by any pseudo DD, same story)
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-10 03:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you embarass yourself any further

Rudra's Storm dmg pics!
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another point i so forget to point out. 100$ Question for you:

If you solo, how you going to manage to TA or SA. (TA all option are down)

Is Shame of SE making a RELIC/EMPY dependent of SA/TA to perform decent.
By Pooman 2011-07-10 03:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Pooman said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

You don't play with random people ever? Where's the fun in that?

I always play with random people. SA/TA failing in an exp party I can understand. He's talking about fail SA/TA with NMs, which rarely happens with me. If it happens as much as he makes it seem, either he fails or the group he's with does.
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-10 03:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1) How the hell did this silly debate come about? I quite clearly said that Mandau's superiority/neutrality to/with Twashtar had everything to do with being outside of Abyssea. Mandau doesn't touch Twashtar inside, because even if the 25% increase to Mercy Stroke's damage puts it in a better position to compete with Rudra's Storm's superior mod and fTP, Twashtar's aftermath makes short work of any uncertainty.

2) Over-triggering weaknesses doesn't increase anything's strength. Why one would perpetuate flimsy information that was admittedly never actually tested is beyond me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
I always play with random people. SA/TA failing in an exp party I can understand. He's talking about fail SA/TA with NMs, which rarely happens with me. If it happens as much as he makes it seem, either he fails or the group he's with does.

If you really play with good player, that mean they CAP hate in the first minute, let me reword that for you, my war after 2 Ukkon's Fury = 5~10k + 5~10k + 5~10k Light (15~30k dmg), i am CAP on hate no matter when i joined the fight, a NIN can cap hate in the first 30 sec as well, so ya, if you really play with good player, you find out the NM move quick a bit, and all depend what you fight, 90% you end to be sad.

Wyrm: You really don't wan use SA...
Reseph: You really don't wan all tank facing same* dirrection.

To name only these 2 where is a problem.
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-10 03:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're referring to Abyssean wyrms, why on earth wouldn't you want to use SA? With the exception of Dragua(which really doesn't do anything threatening to begin with), virtually every wyrm is better left swinging with its tail.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Assuming you're referring to Abyssean wyrms, why on earth wouldn't you want to use SA? With the exception of Dragua(which really doesn't do anything threatening to begin with), virtually every wyrm is better left swinging with its tail.

Ya was talking for dragua, and wyrms in general outside abyssea.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 04:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:

2) Over-triggering weaknesses doesn't increase anything's strength. Why one would perpetuate flimsy information that was admittedly never actually tested is beyond me.

Testing blah blah.
Go figure out the ironclad in Vunkerl's yellow weakness, and spam it.
It'll start resisting everything, unless they changed it. I also remember doing it to the one in Misareaux coast, but I *know* I did it to the one in Vunkerl. After 5 Mind Blast !!s, everything hit for less than 50 dmg (15 minutes into fight, back when the rage timer was 1 hour).

They could have changed it, but now I'm paranoid :P
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 04:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Are you willing to put your account on it? Cause i'll go do it right now. the MS that is

Here some fresh picture i just took for prof (10 min ago):

Atma:

Base Stats:

Mercy Fail without brew:

Brew Stats:

Evis:

Mercy Fail:

Aeolian Edge:

Good luck find better mercy stroke, and don't expect anything better from RS, Shoyu did use it on brew, and it was same FAIL SAUCE.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-10 04:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:

Adventuring Fellow, duh.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 04:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a bad comparison, I want more Rudra Storms though. See if anyone can do better dmg without stacking. Anyone got pics without stacked on regular mobs + NMs please. Appreciate the pics btw! Ty
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 04:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:

Adventuring Fellow, duh.

Sleep bolts?
Or...Level DNC

Edit: Oseyru, just do the dagger. It's really the best thing you can do for your job (outside of knowing how to play it). If you don't have a zombie army, it'll take you a month or two to get it done, but it'll be worth it.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 04:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:

Adventuring Fellow, duh.

Sleep bolts?
Or...Level DNC

or fight wyrms? But let be serious, sleep bolt in abyssea...
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 04:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Another point i so forget to point out. 100$ Question for you: If you solo, how you going to manage to TA or SA. (TA all option are down) Is Shame of SE making a RELIC/EMPY dependent of SA/TA to perform decent.
Adventuring Fellow, duh.
Sleep bolts? Or...Level DNC Edit: Oseyru, just do the dagger. It's really the best thing you can do for your job (outside of knowing how to play it). If you don't have a zombie army, it'll take you a month or two to get it done, but it'll be worth it.

Ok, I did my kannagi with 3 people (1 was just a friend there holding an extra pop so it'd be faster) and it did take quite awhile. But i'm gonna work on it with my girl because she wants it. ALSO, do you think SCing with it on DNC would significantly make things easier? Say Orthrus (as if he isn't already a joke.) But I think I read somewhere you can do mad dmg if you Hi > RS.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 04:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Not a bad comparison, I want more Rudra Storms though. See if anyone can do better dmg without stacking. Anyone got pics without stacked on regular mobs + NMs please. Appreciate the pics btw! Ty

They wont show you that =X They prefer forget the fail dmg. All depend if you love the job, is still the best dagger for DNC, and dnc can solo a tons of NM, so if you very love the job go for it, but if you looking for dmg, there is no doubt, go for Ukon and is 100% no regret. [Glavoid is by FAR not a fun path].

Edit: Do ukon, and then redo path for dagger would be a wise choice. [That my personal opinion] Everything turn easy when you have war + ukon, cleave / trigger / destroy NM, trust me... think twice.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 05:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Another point i so forget to point out. 100$ Question for you: If you solo, how you going to manage to TA or SA. (TA all option are down) Is Shame of SE making a RELIC/EMPY dependent of SA/TA to perform decent.
Adventuring Fellow, duh.
Sleep bolts? Or...Level DNC Edit: Oseyru, just do the dagger. It's really the best thing you can do for your job (outside of knowing how to play it). If you don't have a zombie army, it'll take you a month or two to get it done, but it'll be worth it.

Ok, I did my kannagi with 3 people (1 was just a friend there holding an extra pop so it'd be faster) and it did take quite awhile. But i'm gonna work on it with my girl because she wants it. ALSO, do you think SCing with it on DNC would significantly make things easier? Say Orthrus (as if he isn't already a joke.) But I think I read somewhere you can do mad dmg if you Hi > RS.

Rudra's Storm has a larger chance to be Rudra's Fail on DNC, even after Striking Flourish, than a THF does using it stacked.

DNC, however, DOES get up to 35% Skillchain Bonus, so...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-10 05:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:

Hide.
Which of course has a long recast, but yeah.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 05:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's from a DNC. I'm sure you can do better, THFs.

Referring back to this, Although the colibri was weak to piercing this made my day, lol

EDIT: How much dmg do you think was added to that ws? Since the colibri was weak to that type of dmg just curious. Sorry for all the questions >< should've probably asked earlier.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 05:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Referring back to this, Although the colibri was weak to piercing this made my day, lol

EDIT: How much dmg do you think was added to that ws? Since the colibri was weak to that type of dmg just curious. Sorry for all the questions >< should've probably asked earlier.

I think Colibri take 25% extra damage from piercing, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Edit: Looked it up and according to Wiki it's +25%.
Also what I meant by a "larger chance to be Rudra's Fail" is that SF only gives a 50% crit rate max as opposed to THF's guaranteed crit (assuming things are arranged correctly - which is the only advantage DNC has - DNC doesn't care about positioning, but it pays for it with a longer recast ability that costs finishing moves to use and has a longer recast and a lack of 100% crit rate...not sure that's a fair trade!)
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 05:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Referring back to this, Although the colibri was weak to piercing this made my day, lol EDIT: How much dmg do you think was added to that ws? Since the colibri was weak to that type of dmg just curious. Sorry for all the questions >< should've probably asked earlier.
I think Colibri take 25% extra damage from piercing, but I don't remember off the top of my head. Edit: Looked it up and according to Wiki it's +25%. Also what I meant by a "larger chance to be Rudra's Fail" is that SF only gives a 50% crit rate max as opposed to THF's guaranteed crit (assuming things are arranged correctly - which is the only advantage DNC has - DNC doesn't care about positioning, but it pays for it with a longer recast ability that costs finishing moves to use and has a longer recast and a lack of 100% crit rate...not sure that's a fair trade!)

I certainly do agree! It's ok I can always make her use it on THF :P which is amazing because she can use it on both jobs, so win-win really.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 05:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Here some Evis, and of course bird got one shot both time, i am sure if i would spend more time there i could get a 6.6k too.

Wish the +25% was apply to all WS, then mandau would be serious weapon.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-10 07:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing that high on the nearby bats on Dancer. The main thing limiting Evisceration damage is monster HP. Trash NMs in Visions zones with lots of buffs would be the best way to get an awesome number, haha.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Server: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-07-10 07:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i did a few 5k on pots in grau abyssea and one 5.5k evis and that was with twilight/triplus
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12