NM Claim Rights & Atma of the Apocalypse
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nihilist said:
Nobody asks {Do you need any help?} anymore?

I ask it frequently.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-07-06 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Nihilist said:
Nobody asks {Do you need any help?} anymore?

I ask it frequently.
Yes i see it asked a lot. But idk if its a pride thing or just cuz people dont trust people (im leaning towards second option) many people don't like to get helped.
By prophets 2011-07-06 14:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I go by if someone had to farm a pop and they wipe i ask if they need help, if no answer or they let it get close to depop its free.. but if its a timed pop nm as turul and you wipe its free to claim.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-07-06 14:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS takes NMs occasionally. Normally we wait for a full wipe, of course but we never sit around waiting for people to do so. That wastes even more time. It might be a slap in the face, but I usually raise(or make someone else from the LS do it) people afterwards. It's pretty amazing how many people who don't have or use the apoc atma still. We might even let you join and lot whatever drops we get if you don't run your mouth at us after you wipe. :3 I don't see how that accomplishes anything. Get up and move on to the next pop.

I used to try to not allow the "stealing" of (edit) force popped* NMs after it goes white, but we've had it done to us on a few occasions after a random d/c or tank death and I stopped caring. My server kind of sucks though, plenty of ***. We're pretty much no exception. >.<;
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-06 14:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What's funny is when you get bitched at for taking an NM from a duo that wiped fully and had no RR. Had it happen on Bennu a few times.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-06 14:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh okay, I didn't realize that if the rest of the server steals NMs that makes it okay. You're an *** plain and simple if you steal a NM just because it goes white.

I had an instance of this yesterday with isgebind. Some LS was fighting it and wiped completely, and I mean completely. They were literally all dead and the dragon had already moved back to its pop location. I was busy AoEing mobs on BLU, but my partner grabbed it and I kept her alive with my WHM. Of course, the LS proceeded to spam her with nasty tells about it. It was seconds away from depopping entirely and they were all dead. No idea what the big deal was. Pride issue I guess.

If the mob deaggroes completely because of a wipe (and not because of charm or something) then it's free game. In fact, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE not to claim it because ultimately it's just a waste of a pop if you don't.

and P.S. it takes about 5 minutes to farm an isgebind pop >.>.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-07-06 14:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Oh okay, I didn't realize that if the rest of the server steals NMs that makes it okay. You're an *** plain and simple if you steal a NM just because it goes white.

Was this directed at me? :o If so I said we were no exception. How I see it though, if we don't take it someone else will. So whatever. We're used to this kind of behavior from HNMing anyway. (Good example of this would be KV, fun days.) It's really nothing new or specific to abyssea.
 Ragnarok.Sudox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sudox
By Ragnarok.Sudox 2011-07-06 14:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said:
See this is what I like, Restraint. Like some ppl I know, who would doesn't even understand what the word means, even though they get their jollies at a mere wipe, not a full wipe. I know sometimes there is that smidgeon of chance that the tables could turn, and your mob would be finished, they think that being at full HP and takes down a mob who is at 5%, makes them think they are leet. I'm not butthurt, I just laugh at this, b.c I don't look at this as a pitfall, in my quest to kill an NM, I just look at this as epic fail on the guys who is stealing it b.c if an NM has to be @ too weak state for someone to defeat a mob, rather than actually taking it on at full HP, that just means either something went wrong in my party, OR The person stealing my mob, is ballsy and hasn't the guts to do his own mob @ full. I have never actually had this, b.c when I kill my own mobs, I already know I will have my mob killed, and never have a chance for it to go yellow.

Really? http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104345-Random-Fail-XI-and-so-the-student-has-become-the-master?p=4667084&viewfull=1#post4667084

Generally before taking an NM I wait until everyone in the group has died at least once. If anyone in the group is an *** via /tell, /say, /shout or previous encounter, we will take the NM the moment it yellows and give them nothing. However if they kindly ask for one of the drops, or say nothing while we watch them wipe, we will gladly let them lot that particular item.
[+]
By prophets 2011-07-06 14:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter if it takes 5 min to get a new pop you still check with pt if they are giving up unless it is time popped then no one "owns" the mob once it deaggros. Just don't take it while its yellow and still on someone in pt they might of just had an accident. Some people think anytime a mob goes yellow means its free to claim there's a diff in deaggroded and an accident where they didn't mean to let it unclaim.before you claim think "am i being a ***?" if yes then dont >.> or ask if they are done.. you dont have to be an *** to get ahead. Don't ruin you're name for something so small.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-07-06 14:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said:
Ragnarok.Neonracer said:
See this is what I like, Restraint. Like some ppl I know, who would doesn't even understand what the word means, even though they get their jollies at a mere wipe, not a full wipe. I know sometimes there is that smidgeon of chance that the tables could turn, and your mob would be finished, they think that being at full HP and takes down a mob who is at 5%, makes them think they are leet. I'm not butthurt, I just laugh at this, b.c I don't look at this as a pitfall, in my quest to kill an NM, I just look at this as epic fail on the guys who is stealing it b.c if an NM has to be @ too weak state for someone to defeat a mob, rather than actually taking it on at full HP, that just means either something went wrong in my party, OR The person stealing my mob, is ballsy and hasn't the guts to do his own mob @ full. I have never actually had this, b.c when I kill my own mobs, I already know I will have my mob killed, and never have a chance for it to go yellow.

Really? http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104345-Random-Fail-XI-and-so-the-student-has-become-the-master?p=4667084&viewfull=1#post4667084

Generally before taking an NM I wait until everyone in the group has died at least once. If anyone in the group is an *** via /tell, /say, /shout or previous encounter, we will take the NM the moment it yellows and give them nothing. However if they kindly ask for one of the drops, or say nothing while we watch them wipe, we will gladly let them lot that particular item.

Was not for me dipshit, You knew the drop was for Jigsawblade, of Profit linkshell. I brewed b.c I had well over 5 mill saved in Cruor, and I did this for fun.. I was not panicking.. You merely stepped over us, b.c you saw me there, and had to screenshot every bit, just b.c you are a failboat captain. Any problems or issues b.c of this, take it up with Jigsawblade of Profit LS...

Even when you think you;re winning, you're actually still losing...

edit failboatcpt, FTL!!!!

Still Screenies proove Sudox, you;re still Epic loss!

XD

P.S I made it to bluegartr??? HAHAHAHAHA
By prophets 2011-07-06 14:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I agree there to it all and i have given ppl drops if they asked.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said:
Ragnarok.Neonracer said:

Oh my god lol

Your writing style has me nearly dying laughing right now
[+]
 Leviathan.Pewpewz
Server: Leviathan
user: Enygma3
By Leviathan.Pewpewz 2011-07-06 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yellow is Yellow. No matter how you slice it, If it goes yellow your doing something wrong. SE designed thier system very clearly. We all play within those guidelines. It isn't a question of will they be nice or not. It's a question of what they are allowed to do.

Sure i'll be mad if someone does it to me, but not enough to cuss them out or have any negative effect on my behavior towards them. If i let it go yellow, and you take it. Kudos chum.
[+]
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2011-07-06 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I treat stealing an nm based on a person's past actions. For example, if they were previously a douche bag in any aspect of the game to me or my friends, I have no problem stealing their nm to be a *** right back. If I don't know them or I have had good experiences with them, then I will take the nm, kill it, and give them all the drops. That is just common courtesy, I don't care if they completely wiped. Things like Sobek are shitty enough without some *** making it worse. I duo most of my sobeks and as long as you keep your HP full Tyrant Tusk shouldn't kill you, but sometimes you make a mistake or your whm doesn't stun a blizzaga IV then it does Tyrant Tusk right after. I'd like the chance to get up, blow up, and be unweakened, before someone attempts to steal. I give people the same courtesy. The world is full of dbags though and you should somewhat expect it.

Talking about pop nms only btw. If you *** up on a timed spawn its fair game.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-06 14:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said:
Ragnarok.Sudox said:
Ragnarok.Neonracer said:
Really? http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104345-Random-Fail-XI-and-so-the-student-has-become-the-master?p=4667084&viewfull=1#post4667084 Generally before taking an NM I wait until everyone in the group has died at least once. If anyone in the group is an *** via /tell, /say, /shout or previous encounter, we will take the NM the moment it yellows and give them nothing. However if they kindly ask for one of the drops, or say nothing while we watch them wipe, we will gladly let them lot that particular item.
Was not for me dipshit, You knew the drop was for Jigsawblade, of Profit linkshell. I brewed b.c I had well over 5 mill saved in Cruor, and I did this for fun.. I was not panicking.. You merely stepped over us, b.c you saw me there, and had to screenshot every bit, just b.c you are a failboat captain. Any problems or issues b.c of this, take it up with Jigsawblade of Profit LS... Even when you think you;re winning, you're actually still losing... edit failboatcpt, FTL!!!! Still Screenies proove Sudox, you;re still Epic loss! XD P.S I made it to bluegartr??? HAHAHAHAHA

Neon.... You really should re-evaluate your attitude. If you admit you're learning and are willing to learn instead of pretending to already know everything you will see a vast improvement in peoples attitude toward you. When I was recruiting Caitsith people before the merge i didn't hear a single good review from anyone. Since the merge I haven't heard any positive feedback anyone (even some of the people who took you in). I understand that BG can take things out of context, and that the entire site has an attitude of..... im the more uberer elitest because xx yy, but it is still not "funny" to be painted in that light in any medium. I hope this helps you out.

That being said: I have no problem with how poorly executed someones strategy is for killing an NM. If soemone is going to lose the NM and the item's are going to go to waste.... that's another story. I look at it as "rescuing" the poor NM from a meaningless existance.
[+]
 Odin.Iceman
Server: Odin
user: Iceman
By Odin.Iceman 2011-07-06 15:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread smells like a bag of ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-06 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said:
Ragnarok.Neonracer said:

Made my day.
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2011-07-06 15:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Stealing NM is wrong, Unless it's a hopeless cause for the people fighting it. Then you should offer to help vs steal a NM. There is a reason people around the world think of some Groups of people as fuc|<ing *** holes.

Everyone here that is stealing NM, Try and help the people next time. It will make for a better all around game for everyone.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-07-06 15:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It usually depends on my mood.

If it is someone soloing down a NM and taking forever, I'll usually grab it. I might be deterred a bit if I'm partied with someone who will think it's "messed up" to take it.

Sometimes I will take an unclaimed mob, but let the poppers have whatever item they were trying for. If it's something I want, well... maybe.

I've often gone decided people can have one wipe, but if it happens again, I'm killing the damn thing.

If the people are general douches, or have been obnoxious, I'm taking it as soon as it's yellow.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Titamotaru
By Cerberus.Titamotaru 2011-07-06 15:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have to use AoA to zombie a NM down then you shouldn't be fighting it in the first place.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-06 15:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Hades.Tripster said:
TURUL

How many times you fought it with a bunch of people waiting like vultures for you to wipe? Or how many times YOU waited for a party to wipe to claim it? lol

When Turul does that knockback move it usually goes unclaimed and that's when the Stuns/Flash/Provoke happens lol I hate Turul.

Edit:
Oh, and even though I think it's wrong to claim NMs, Turul is under my "perfectly acceptable NM to steal" list. Cause if you die, someone else is gonna take it.
Some *** *** group was wiping to that the other day, and of course I'm chillin' here on my DNC waiting on them to wipe so I can leech their blue proc, *** *** call for help and start kiting the mofo around for 40 *** minutes, luckily a GM call got through in time. *** ***. ***like that is why I have no qualms claiming a yellow NM.

irony.. you were fully intending on pissing someone off by stealing their NM and they in turn made you mad when you failed to do so?

also lol @ you failing again after they CFH.. if you were worth anything you could have killed it yourself when they CFH rather than wait for 40 minutes and cry to a GM.
Not when they had hate on it and kited it all across the zone. That's just a waste of everyone's time.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 15:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104345-Random-Fail-XI-and-so-the-student-has-become-the-master?p=4667084&viewfull=1#post4667084
I love you.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-06 15:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally avoid taking nms as much as possible.I don't stalk ppl that is fighting a popped nm unless there is only one ??? and I need to pop as well, so I don't see wipes very often.

Tho it did happened to us a few times, we have a friend wich is almost always our tank, that have the tendencies to D/C when his laptop is too hot.Happened once fighting alfard wich ended up in a general wipe where only our whm survived and start kiting while our tank was logging back on.Of course the nm went yellow at some point and very nice ppl stealed it.Stuff happens, we got bad luck and dealt with it.But we got lucky in our unluckyness and they wiped with 2 parties <.<

I tried numerous times offering help when I saw someone soloing a vnm or low manning a nm that we could help kill faster/get procc.But I always get the answer no <.< Guess ppl are scared D:
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-06 15:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ragnarok.Sudox said:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104345-Random-Fail-XI-and-so-the-student-has-become-the-master?p=4667084&viewfull=1#post4667084
I love you.
 Odin.Stormcroww
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2011-07-06 15:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If i see a group having real trouble and hitting the Zombie stage I will always send a couple tells asking if they need help.
With the addition of multiple ??? for "Bigger" bosses its not such a big deal if people want to try their luck on some of these NM's. Stop complaining that "They have no buisness fighting them". We all need a real expierence "learning curve" on some Nm. Especially low manning, to get dialed in some times.
Perfect example was farming Briareus I got there watched a group just not quite set up propperly for him. They got to the Zombie stage I asked a few times if they needed help and no one replied so after a few minutes of him hammering on the group. I just claimed him and sent the <invite to party> tell, killed him and dropped party. Their nin changed sub to /dnc and came back had no more real problems with seeing me stun his TP moves.
On Nm's like Turul with timed pops and single ??? seal Nm's it really depends on how many ppl are camping and what not. Send tells for help / team up etc... If you are getting snubbed.
Then tough luck i'm grabbing that if I need it. Next time take the help or Get over it and get back to camping.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-07-06 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently had Amun stolen while trying to change claim for KI which just shows ppl r emo *** who cant take being out claimed.

Leviathan.Pewpewz said:
Yellow is Yellow. No matter how you slice it, If it goes yellow your doing something wrong. SE designed thier system very clearly. We all play within those guidelines. It isn't a question of will they be nice or not. It's a question of what they are allowed to do.

Sure i'll be mad if someone does it to me, but not enough to cuss them out or have any negative effect on my behavior towards them. If i let it go yellow, and you take it. Kudos chum.

What about nms like Zoraal ja pkuucha where it has to go yellow to kill the pet?
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-07-06 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When I saw this thread I instantly knew it was on of my fellow Ifrit players. Ever since we server merged to Odin, Ifrit has had a bad "reputation" it does not matter if a mob is white or not. If I get hate on a mob its mine. If a group can not kill something they should not have popped it in the first place, at least get a brew in case. I'm farming Coins of vision one day for someone only needed 1 Coin while getting to camp was waiting for this group of under skilled players to kill, they wiped. Before hand I told my cousin to cure I one of the players in case wipe so don't waste yellow proc. In the end long story short. We got the mob killed it and instantly before I could say we only needed one coin and they could have our pop we didn't need anymore I was called a A-hole and various other things.

Also I told them to F off after they complained, and then ranted in jeuno for hours, it was quite laugh able as other people from Ifrit joined in and laughed.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-07-06 16:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot I've been on four servers now and Odin is the not really bad it's just the few people. The JP on the other hand are sometimes nice or at least keep to themselves. People on Odin complain 24/7 about me selling af3+2 and Emepryean weapons 200k per item. I thought my prices are reasonable but meh people still complain.

Odin players also said I would have a bad reputation but surprisingly I got more friend requests to buy more items lol.