users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » 5 hit scythe builds
5 hit scythe builds
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-07-04 06:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

was looking all over and cant seem to find what im looking for.im soon going to have apoc and i was looking for best 5 hit gear set up.atm im not even sure how much store tp /sam is needed lol been mnk most of my ffxi days never payed much notic to X hit builds.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-04 06:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Calculator. DL this and use it to play with your hit builds. someone will probably come in and recommend a good build, but i think everyone should have this so they can figure out how much tp/hit they are getting.
 Sylph.Bowserx
Server: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-07-04 08:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you will need to have +30 STP and use /sam to hold a 5hit
So
Rose strap
Brutal
Hoard ring
Rajas ring
Ace's legging
Goading belt
and tactical mantle

Could use carbonara to make up for the 6 stp on tactical and use atheling mantle instead you would gain 35ATK and Double atk+3% and still have your 5hit
 Sylph.Lorax
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-04 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc/Rose strap / White tathlum
AF3+2 helm/Bale Choker/Brutal/Bale
AF3+2 body/AF3+2 hands/Hoard ring/Rajas
Tactical Mantle/Goading Belt/AF3+2 legs/AF3+2 feet

Carbonara, 5/5 bale+2 give a pretty solid DoT bump and you're still @ capped haste with aftermath up and 5-hit build. From what I can tell this is pretty much ideal.
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-04 08:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/195862

this is my current build for pre-aftermath
 Sylph.Bowserx
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-07-04 09:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/195862

this is my current build for pre-aftermath
^
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-04 09:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks how u do dat
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2011-07-04 09:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Learn that apoc's dmg doesn't come from ws's and u use it right helps a so called "shity weapon" rape others.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-07-04 10:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said:
thanks how u do dat

[.itemset]numberofitemset[/itemset]

without the first dot. Your number is 195862, can see from the URL.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-04 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jmbooz said:
Learn that apoc's dmg doesn't come from ws's and u use it right helps a so called "shity weapon" rape others.

Somebody mad?

Seriously though, they changed Aegis, I can't see them keeping Apocalypse's Aftermath locked as "Gear Haste" for much longer.
By volkom 2011-07-04 11:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Jmbooz said:

Somebody mad?

Seriously though, they changed Aegis, I can't see them keeping Apocalypse's Aftermath locked as "Gear Haste" for much longer.
something like...maybe breaking the haste cap?
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2011-07-04 11:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mad, nope.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-04 15:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc isnt raping anything.

Its a utility Tanking weapon for Dark Knight and thats about it, if your building it for Damage then your making the wrong weapon.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-05 00:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly though when your on the front lines being mnk vs drk/sam saves you from a lot of damage. i love my apoc and its sad to see it outshined by something that was much much easier to make lol.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-05 00:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Jmbooz said:

Somebody mad?

something like...maybe breaking the haste cap?
Breaking the attack speed cap* and if you did, that would be a ridiculous damage boost for even just 5% haste past 80%.
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2011-07-05 09:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my sets for tp ws and aftermath,

All should be pole grips phone isnt working atm…
 Leviathan.Haberym
Server: Leviathan
user: Habo
By Leviathan.Haberym 2011-07-05 10:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Switching grips alright.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-05 10:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jmbooz said:

Am I missing something, or are you TP'ing Pre-aftermath in 21% haste instead of 26%...?

I also have a hard time believing you're not capping accuracy with the 90Apocalypse. You can lose the Fire Bomblett and just go for the Bomb Core. If any gives you ***over it, take solace in the fact that they're a complete and utter moron for not understanding that once you cap accuracy, adding more does less than nothing.
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2011-07-05 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In aby with regain kind start with 100 or more. tp and out of aby for things like av or pw start with 300 so its more or less runing or standinv gear and I fixed the grip all should be pole grips
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-05 11:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Jmbooz said:

Am I missing something, or are you TP'ing Pre-aftermath in 21% haste instead of 26%...?

I also have a hard time believing you're not capping accuracy with the 90Apocalypse. You can lose the Fire Bomblett and just go for the Bomb Core. If any gives you ***over it, take solace in the fact that they're a complete and utter moron for not understanding that once you cap accuracy, adding more does less than nothing.

no brah, because set effect totally beats out 5% haste, don't forget your changing grips for aftermath/ws set as well right?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-05 11:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally change my grip on WS, it makes the weapon skill so powerful, it creates a divergence in reality, where the weapon skill that was successfully initiated destroys the known universe.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-05 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When I read a thread starting with "I'm going to have apoc soon" I just start to expect things like under-haste and uther's grip. I think there's a secret club of relic owners who are the guys you'd see wearing maat's cap full time 3 years ago. They're like leperchauns where when you're looking directly at them they're doing it wrong and as soon as you look away they swap into real gear and laugh to themselves.

That being said I'd like to sign up for said group. I will be willing to wear full aurore and twilight belt (with afflictors ofc) and 6-hit my drg with a rhongomiant. Also, we need bale belt in that tp set for full set bonus activation :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-07-05 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, friend! I've done a lot of work preparing for my Apocalypse. (Currently Stage 4 and slowly building whiteshells from lowman dynamis. Damn the currency economy! ; ; )

Here's my gear sets for a 5hit build with /SAM. I've built all these around NOT using Carbonara 24/7, and they will work with any 513 delay scythe, like Twilight Scythe.

TP: +47 Store TP total for 20.4 TP per hit; 81.6 TP after 4 hits.

Catastrophe: +35 Store TP total for 18.7 TP per Catastrophe.

Aftermath: +48 Store TP total for 20.5 TP per hit; 82 TP after 4 hits.

Haste is capped without the need to use Blitz Ring, and during aftermath you can switch into more attack gear due to the Catastrophe haste effect.

Alternatively, you can use Carbonara and take Tactical Mantle out of the TP and WS builds to replace it with Atheling. You can also replace Aurum Cuirass with DRK AF3+2 body. If you're using Red Curry buns then these will most likely be your prime gear sets.

Also, if you're not lucky enough to have Apocalypse and are doing Guillotine spam, you can take Tactical Mantle and Hoard ring out of the WS build and still easily obtain the 18.4 TP required from the WS to keep a 5hit.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-05 12:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Meat is pretty cheap-ish and common now, 5Hitting Apocalypse using the dish of spaghetti arrabbiata would free up a lot of the huge sacrifices you're making, namely Weapon Skilling in the Tactical Mantle.

I know some chefs are gonna baw at the comment, but buy you're own dragon meat from the AH, and have it crafted, if you really want to get the most out of your Apoc, sure you take a 7INT hit on the food, but it's better than the 45attack and 3% double attack hit you're taking, and there might be some other gains I'm not looking at right now.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-05 13:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Dragon Meat is pretty cheap-ish and common now, 5Hitting Apocalypse using the dish of spaghetti arrabbiata would free up a lot of the huge sacrifices you're making, namely Weapon Skilling in the Tactical Mantle. I know some chefs are gonna baw at the comment, but buy you're own dragon meat from the AH, and have it crafted, if you really want to get the most out of your Apoc, sure you take a 7INT hit on the food, but it's better than the 45attack and 3% double attack hit you're taking, and there might be some other gains I'm not looking at right now.

The capital investment in this isn't much more than making red curry buns but you get less 30 minute dishes per synth (2 dishes per dragon meat, as opposed to 6 from curry). If you find or farm your own meat you're getting an amazing food for next to free.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-07-05 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Dragon Meat is pretty cheap-ish and common now, 5Hitting Apocalypse using the dish of spaghetti arrabbiata would free up a lot of the huge sacrifices you're making, namely Weapon Skilling in the Tactical Mantle.

I know some chefs are gonna baw at the comment, but buy you're own dragon meat from the AH, and have it crafted, if you really want to get the most out of your Apoc, sure you take a 7INT hit on the food, but it's better than the 45attack and 3% double attack hit you're taking, and there might be some other gains I'm not looking at right now.

Nice! That stuff is badass. I had never heard of it before. :p Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-05 13:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Dragon Meat is pretty cheap-ish and common now, 5Hitting Apocalypse using the dish of spaghetti arrabbiata would free up a lot of the huge sacrifices you're making, namely Weapon Skilling in the Tactical Mantle. I know some chefs are gonna baw at the comment, but buy you're own dragon meat from the AH, and have it crafted, if you really want to get the most out of your Apoc, sure you take a 7INT hit on the food, but it's better than the 45attack and 3% double attack hit you're taking, and there might be some other gains I'm not looking at right now.

The capital investment in this isn't much more than making red curry buns but you get less 30 minute dishes per synth (2 dishes per dragon meat, as opposed to 6 from curry). If you find or farm your own meat you're getting an amazing food for next to free.

That's a good point, but also the HQ's last 1hr, unlike the HQ version of Red Curry.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-07-05 13:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did some quick math and with the 5 STP from Arrabbiata I would be at +46 (without Tactical mantle) for 20.2 TP per and 80.8 after 4 hits. Doing the same for my WS gear puts me at +34, or 18.6 per Catastrophe. This leaves me hanging right on the verge at 99.4 TP. I would still need the extra 1 STP that Carbonara gives.

Another option for Arrabbiata would be to use Attila's earring instead of Bale for TPing. That would put me back at 81.6 after 4 hits plus the 18.6 from Catastrophe for a total of 100.2. The WoTG regain earring would be a viable option as well.

Thanks again for bringing that stuff to my attention!