Is 85 > 90 Kannagi Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 21:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
half of the people who own relics didn't bother upgrading them to 90. Probably because they realized how easy it was to attain a superior weapon; empyreans.
Or they quit :(

Derp. Census wouldn't count inactive accounts.
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 21:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

actually I take it all back, most alarming thing the census revealed, more alarming at how few people know how to stun or run away from meltdown, is the fact that 39 more Ragnaroks have been created.

Who the *** upgrades relic GS in 2011..
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
actually I take it all back, most alarming thing the census revealed, more alarming at how few people know how to stun or run away from meltdown, is the fact that 39 more Ragnaroks have been created. Who the *** upgrades relic GS in 2011..
Actually I'm pretty sure the Ragnarok has been said in a few other threads that it can be really killer at 90.
[+]
 Bahamut.Echojin
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-07-01 21:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing apademaks for 90 daurdabla... and apademak is surprisingly easy with a REALLY GOOD STUNNER!!!!!!***** best i've found is if i rdm/sch with merc. matriarch atma for resists (make sure composure is down of course) Been doing him war, mnk, whm, rdm, thf np if stunner is reliable.

In other words.... If you want to continue your kannagi past 90, it is definitely worth it to do this trial! Its really not that bad
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-07-01 21:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Its actually a nice damage increase. I was doing as low as 2k and averaged around 4k on orthus now I average 4k and can occasionally hit 6k. I like the upgrade.

ftfy
[+]
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 21:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Blazed1979 said:
actually I take it all back, most alarming thing the census revealed, more alarming at how few people know how to stun or run away from meltdown, is the fact that 39 more Ragnaroks have been created. Who the *** upgrades relic GS in 2011..
Actually I'm pretty sure the Ragnarok has been said in a few other threads that it can be really killer at 90.
compared to what?
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-07-01 22:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess hating on relics is hip now?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-07-01 22:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Echojin said:
I have been doing apademaks for 90 daurdabla... and apademak is surprisingly easy with a REALLY GOOD STUNNER!!!!!!*****

I will stun for you! I'm in that zone anyway for souls.
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-01 22:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just brew it. It won't cost any reasonable person more than 2mil cruor and you don't have to deal with the hassle of finding reliable stunners.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-07-01 22:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

it took me 7 brews to get my kannagi to 90, brewing 8-10 of them on a single brew.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 22:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
I guess hating on relics is hip now?

I think it's because most relics are either obsolete or straight up bad.

Or not worth the time.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-07-01 22:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. I see the same thing from people saying empyreans will never be toppled as I saw with relics saying the same about theirs a year ago. Just ride the bandwagon and be ready to adapt.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-01 22:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
it took me 7 brews to get my kannagi to 90, brewing 8-10 of them on a single brew.

Cataclysm + 3 Khimairas at the same time? lol
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 22:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

some relics still shine.
Aegis is still good.
Excalibur still best sword in the game.
Ghorn is nice. but nicer with empyrean harp.

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Meh. I see the same thing from people saying empyreans will never be toppled as I saw with relics saying the same about theirs a year ago. Just ride the bandwagon and be ready to adapt.

FFXI is at the end of its life cycle. They just released the best weapons that are ever going to exist in the game and they're called empyreans.

Lesson learnt for any future SE mmo's I play; Never invest more than 1-2 weeks into any single item.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-01 22:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
some relics still shine.
Aegis is still good.
Excalibur still best sword in the game.
Ghorn is nice. but nicer with empyrean harp.

Asura.Arkanethered said:

FFXI is at the end of its life cycle.
They just released the best weapons that are ever going to exist in the game and they're called empyreans.

Lesson learnt for any future SE mmo's I play; Never invest more than 1-2 weeks into any single item.

*rolleyes*
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-02 20:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

Cataclysm + 3 Khimairas at the same time? lol
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19469/armageddon

Made it just for kannagi.
By Quiznor 2011-07-02 20:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Not sure if this has been thrown out there yet, but relics/mythics got a 15%(?) WS damage boost from 85>90; it's not out of the question that empyreans did too, though I doubt it.

25% for relic weapon skills, 15% for mythic weapon skills (with the aftermath effect increased per tier for mythics), empyreans remain untouched accordingly

here's hoping that by 99 amano gets a 75% boost and the x2.5 damage activation rate is 20-40% :D:D:D:D:D

I never knew about the aftermath effect increase.Do you have any numbers?

Edit:I wanna see some new drops from old content (or reskinned new content) relivant to relics/mythics.Maybe some sort of new NM's in aht urghan that drops a piece of gear that "augments <mythic>" or something in you buy with dyna currency that you can equip and "augments <relic>" or something :o
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-02 22:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

level ninety relics and mythics, tested and verified
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2011-07-02 22:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Atm it's a small improvement, though 85 users are a dime a dozen, I don't see people with 90 being the majority of owners. Plus when the next trials come out, assuming they're also +3 DMG +5Mod, then you'll be behind by 6 D and 10 Mod, and more after the next trial. I would work on it if you have the time to do so.

I Agree with This Person , HOWEVER , You might want to "WAIT" and See what happens , maybe they Implement new Stuff that makes The Fight a lot Easier :P

^^ Just gotta wait and pray ^^

I Also Got 85 Kannagi , but 75 Horns is WAY too much work at lvl 90

maybe at lvl 95 or 99 it be easier ^^ so I Take the Waiting :P
Why do you even post a response? Do the ffxi community a favor & instead of posting your useless shitty posts just type herp derp /facepalm. If you haven't gotten it by now, that is what 98.9% of the community sees in your posts. I'm j/s

To the OP: Why not do it? If you're in no rush just collect them over time, which is better than not doin it at all. What's a few spaces in your locker?
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-07-03 03:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Asura.Hotin
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2011-07-03 04:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dtroyy said:
lol

Ku worth it, no doubt.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-03 04:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i got nothing better to spend my time on in game so why not :)
 Cerberus.Mystina
Server: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-07-03 06:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually easier to see who is LESS bandwagon and takes the weapon more seriously by the 90 version, if the 90 is "to much work" then chances are you didn't care that much about the weapon and rode the bamdwagon. assuming it's your only empyean weapon, then there is no reason you shouldn't at least attempt to work on the 90. or some people with multiple weapons trying to 90 them is just a quick way to razor-to-wrist syndrom.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2011-07-03 07:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Angelinn was asking how much of a rush should she be in and used the wrong wording. At least I'd hope so. Is it worth it? She has 2 other empyreans to work on for the time being for her friends. Should she casually upgrade in her spare time? Yes. Should she hold up upgrading her friends for it? No.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Juxtaposition 2011-07-24 09:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have to ask if it is worth it to upgrade to 90, just don't. Stay with the 800 other Kannagi gimps who did Katana because of lolBriareus and lolSobek and lolNINredprocs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-24 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Juxtaposition said:
lolNINredprocs.
guilty /
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-07-24 16:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Always worth it. If you have any alternatives for apademak's horn then they should probably have priority depending on what you like to play as.

But yeah, potential of Lv.95-99, and beyond that simply ... why not? Abyssea is considered easy (and I agree) as far as FFXI goes so roll with it and get what you can before the game (potentially) changes.

Edit: And a lot of the relic/mythic/emp gear has been 'straight up bad' even when it was prime. Seriously we have empyreans that don't even have damage causing weaponskills (last I checked, flames 100% deserved & accepted if I'm totally wrong). It's easy to say the majority of x is y, where y = crap. Spharai was barely better than destroyers way back, if I read the right statistics (again, flames deserved & accepted, not a MNK myself).
By phenter 2011-07-25 11:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, definitely worth it. Just finished taking mine to 90 and mainly because I'm planning on taking it to 99. I can't fathom being level 95/99 and using a 85 weapon when the 95/99 one will be doing 6-10 damage higher +20-25 agility total. I did brew most my apa's only because it was easier then farming time and finding reliable stunner's.

But if you want jewel's then 2 blm and 2 whm + ninja or thf tanking makes the NM really easy to beat and can stun all his spells as well as get proc's most the time.