Abyssea Exp = Bad Player?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea exp = bad player?
Abyssea exp = bad player?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Sehbeh
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sehbeh
By Siren.Sehbeh 2011-06-28 14:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I am coming up on a month into my return to FFXI. I am still getting used to abyssea and all that it offers players. There is one thing that i do not understand. The thing is: Why do people say that if you lvl a job in abyssea you are bad, gimp, noob, etc...??

I am currently lvling up WHM, and i am doing so by leaching exp off abyssea alliances or my friends farming runs. I try to look from all points of view. Someone might power level themselves almost overnight 30>90. This being said you do not have allot of time to cap your magic/combat skills, thus creating a "bad player".

But what about someone who has played FFXI since release? I will use myself as an example again here: I am lvling WHM in Abyssea. RDM was my first 75 way back when, then BLM, then THF. My magic skills have long been capped and merited. My combat skills have long been capped and merited. If I power level WHM to 90 I will have all my skills leveled up already.

What gives one player the right to lvl a job in abyssea over another player? Nothing IMO. So why all the hate towards anyone who lvls jobs in abyssea?

I hope some of you can shed light on this for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa 2011-06-28 14:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think that when you level a job via leech in abyssea you dont fully get to learn all the quirks and ins and outs of said job. The other issue is now you have 1000 people running around with gimp magic, weapon skills and whatnot and then wanting to take said gimp job to events which is annoying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-28 14:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

because haters are gonna hate
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-28 14:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They are mostly jealous. Look back at the Summoner burn days, people had the same opinion. It was mostly because they were jealous they couldn't do the same thing without paying a lot of gil. If they were given the option to leech their job to 90 they would. There is nothing wrong with it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-06-28 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, it's just this thread.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa 2011-06-28 14:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
They are mostly jealous. Look back at the Summoner burn days, people had the same opinion. It was mostly because they were jealous they couldn't do the same thing without paying a lot of gil. If they were given the option to leech their job to 90 they would. There is nothing wrong with it.

I'm not sure how anyone would be jealous as anyone can throw together a party to leech in.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-06-28 14:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa said:
I just think that when you level a job via leech in abyssea you dont fully get to learn all the quirks and ins and outs of said job. The other issue is now you have 1000 people running around with gimp magic, weapon skills and whatnot and then wanting to take said gimp job to events which is annoying.

I dont understand this whole "if u smn burn/leech/abyssea leech a job up you dont learn how to play" crap.

I've played since EU release, been in enough LS's, parties, events etc. to see how a job is played and i'm pretty positive just by looking at the spells/abilities i know how to use it.

As long as you put the effort into skilling up and getting decent equipment before you run it to events your fine.

I cleve burned my MNK from 30>85 this week and so far i've got full AF3+1 with +2 feet/legs, 300+ H2H skill and full merits.

It isnt hard nor does it take much time to skillup, just go into Abyssea with craptons of Regen atmas and afk punching stuff
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-06-28 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn burn=bad player
MMM burn=bad player
qufim burn=bad player
melee burn=bad player
NA player=bad player
EU player=bad player
JP player=bad player
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-28 14:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all my jobs at 90. Your friends / linkshell mates that are telling you this are all jealous crybabies. Tell them they can talk to me about it.

Play the game how you want to play the game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-28 14:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I'm not sure how anyone would be jealous as anyone can throw together a party to leech in.

They are, it's the reason they have a problem with it.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-28 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo it would have to do with jealousy as Draylo said as well as gimp skills being brought to an event (be it linkshell or PUG, I imagine mostly PUG). It also allows the shitty players to hit 90 very easily, along with the ones that take the time to learn the job.

"Ok grellow is thunder, XXXX use Mind Blast." 'I don't have it, I just hit 90 today." I imagine these situations come up in PUGs.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-28 14:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Oh, it's just this thread.

Exactly what I was thinking, abyssea exp doesnt always or necessarily make a bad player although it can, only thing that annoys me is people with so many jobs that take far too long to change job. Having 15 jobs is nice but isnt practical when youre taking the best part of half an hour to prepare yourself on it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa 2011-06-28 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:

I dont understand this whole "if u smn burn/leech/abyssea leech a job up you dont learn how to play" crap.

I've played since EU release, been in enough LS's, parties, events etc. to see how a job is played and i'm pretty positive just by looking at the spells/abilities i know how to use it.

As long as you put the effort into skilling up and getting decent equipment before you run it to events your fine.

I cleve burned my MNK from 30>85 this week and so far i've got full AF3+1 with +2 feet/legs, 300+ H2H skill and full merits.

It isnt hard nor does it take much time to skillup, just go into Abyssea with craptons of Regen atmas and afk punching stuff

This is what I have seen come from abyssea leech parties as a whole and you may be different. A lot come out with gimp *** jobs (skills, magic) and then want to join an abyssea shell and take said job to events without bothering to skill up. Or they just figure they will use the abyssea shell to skill up and get there eventually which is meh. If you leech and then skill up said job (like I did blm), then it makes sense to me.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-06-28 14:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Herp Derp FFXI is hard.

I SMN burned my WHM back at 75, and I knew how to play it better than 90% of WHMs when I finished it. Its not hard to understand the role of a certain job and what you are supposed to do on it, especially a melee job.

Also take notice 90% of the people bitching about burning a job are rocking 5/5 Perle/Aurore/Teal don't swap gear or understand game mechanics in the very least.
[+]
By Wenuden 2011-06-28 14:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The average FFXI player has always been bad. Abyssea leeching just gives them more jobs to be bad on. It has no bearing on how they would play had they leveled the job to 75 or 90 the old way. Bad is bad until they learn, if they ever do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-06-28 14:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Because stuff like this happens.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-28 14:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wenuden said:
The average FFXI player has always been bad. Abyssea leeching just gives them more jobs to be bad on.

Weather true or not I Lol'd.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-28 14:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The above picture happens whether it takes someone 3 months or 3 days to hit 90. Stupid is stupid.

The argument is always brought up by people that took a lot longer to level their jobs, and they are just mad because you leveled a lot faster.

I burned probably half my jobs. I also dual box most of my empyrean trophies. FFXI is hardcore srs bsns.
[+]
By Wenuden 2011-06-28 14:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Wenuden said:
The average FFXI player has always been bad. Abyssea leeching just gives them more jobs to be bad on.

Weather true or not I Lol'd.
Oh, it's true.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-28 14:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:

Looks like the full hachiman domaru gimps I saw back when SAM was the best thing ever. Gimps will be gimps.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-28 14:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Hiryo said:

Looks like the full hachiman domaru gimps I saw back when SAM was the best thing ever. Gimps will be gimps.
Must have forgot to change his sub to PUP, bet he feels dumb.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-06-28 14:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad thing is, that was one of the best geared of the lot. =/
 Shiva.Mudge
Server: Shiva
user: Mudge
By Shiva.Mudge 2011-06-28 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

TPS has always been a gimp shell
 Siren.Sehbeh
Server: Siren
user: Sehbeh
By Siren.Sehbeh 2011-06-28 14:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never been personaly attacked or called out as a "Bad player". This is something i have observed the FFXI community doing to one another since i have returned to the game.

@the MNK pic: lol.

And yes I guess it all comes down to HATERS GONNA HATE.
[+]
By anjisnu 2011-06-28 14:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Hiryo said:

Must have forgot to change his sub to PUP, bet he feels dumb.
but guys he has almost double digit haste XD
 Asura.Terasan
Server: Asura
user: Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-06-28 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure retards will be retards no matter how they got their job(s) to 90. Cleaveburn/key/AFK/AstralBurn as much as you want. Skill isn't and (imo) was never gained through the grind, it's gained through knowledge of the game. Just don't suck when you get the jobs to 90.

Who cares if people think you're a bad player, prove em wrong :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-06-28 14:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst guy i've seen was a Lv85 Kannagi NIN with full Aurore set with no WS set rocking out 500-1500 Hi's INSIDE abyssea.

I did a Blade: Hi on the same mob and got 5100+ and felt like saying "You mad?"
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-06-28 14:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally thought it was better when jobs were more difficult to level, it allowed people to focus on their jobs more and showed some amount of dedication to their jobs. Not only that, but having everyone having every job is... Boring, for me at least. However that's all in the past and I'll be the first to admit I'd jump at the chance to get my 67NIN burned to 90, mainly because I hate pt'ing NIN and solo'd my way from 37-65 or so before level cap changes, which was a ***.

I wouldn't say that abyssea has made 'bad' players, but it has helped create players with lower skills. If anything, I'd say, gear-wise, the updates have made bad players better, as a lot of the new equipment and atma's and such allow players to perform better without as much effort or gear swapping - however again, I don't really enjoy this aspect as it just allows people to cover up their bad-ness / laziness in alliances easier, but whatever. Either way, grinding to 75 never taught people how to play jobs properly, I believe events and battlefields (Such as CoP missions pre-level update) taught players to play jobs to their potential and react to situations accordingly.
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-28 14:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
swift belt monk
what lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Cengeal
user: Tenzenkai
By Phoenix.Cengeal 2011-06-28 14:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad players come from bad habits and narrow mindedness. They also come from buying gil, buying accounts, hacking accounts, ninja lotting, using people to get what they want, the list goes on like that. Bad players are defined as: noobs who refuse to allow themselves to learn or admit that they're not very good (my personal definition).

Getting your job to 90 is a complete joke, and skilling up isn't that difficult either. Even a level 90 with fully capped skills, epic equip, and even merits is not necessarily good. Being a good player consists of two primary components: attitude and mentality. I have been playing over half a decade, and have met some very well geared players who fail more than LeBron James in the 4th quarter. I've also met some pretty gimp players (or were at the time) who became more win than MJ.

All abyssea really does is increase the opportunity for bad players to continue to ascend. If people choose to leech, that's fine, I don't blame them because if they don't, they are in for about 1-3 months of some major grinding, a lot of headaches, a lot of gil, and a lot of frustration. But when you do leech, keep in mind, you will never play like those who didn't (unless you have leveled the job before on another account, or some other random exceptions). And please, do not try to kid yourselves and say that you will play the same way, because the truth is you just will not.

All I wish is that newer players would at least try to level one job with no abyssea leeching of any form, it could do you wonders ^^
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8