SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The SE help line number is (858) 790-7529.

FREE TRIAL ACCOUNTS CAN NOT LINK A SE ACCOUNT!
CANCELING A SE ACCOUNT WILL MAKE YOUR POL ACCOUNT UNPLAYABLE IF YOU LINKED IT!
YOU CAN NOT EQUIP, BAZZAR, OR USE ITEMS FROM YOUR MOG SATCHEL.
ONE security token can be registered to ONE Square Enix account PERIOD!
Multiple security tokens cannot be registered to a single Square Enix account, and a single security token cannot be registered to multiple Square Enix accounts.

1. Create a SE account here. http://account.square-enix.com/regist/

2. Log into SE account here. https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account

3. Click Link Settings on the left hand side menu. Put in your POL ID/Password to link your SE account to your POL account. Review the information and click add.

4. Go into POL and click your name on the member list. Go to settings and enter your SE account name in the appropriate box. Please note you are now required to save your POL password.

5. Every time you log in now you will be required to put in your SE Account password, you can not save your SE password.

Please note this page is totally different and you are not required to sign up here. http://member.square-enix.com/na/

ONCE YOU GET YOUR TOKEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. Log into the SE account web site. https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account

2. Once logged in select "Security Expansion" from the menu on the left. Next, select "Security Token Usage Settings."

3. Scroll down and check the "accept the terms of service agreement", then click next.

4. Enter the 10 digit serial number on the back of your security token. Press the button on your security token and enter the 6 digit one time password.

5. Your security token is now linked to your SE/POL account. You can access your Mog Satchel from the Main Menu > View House > Mog Satchel or you can type "/satchel".

6. If you seem to be having trouble accessing your mog satchel, try logging all the way out of FFXI/POL. Sometimes it may take up to 30 minutes to access your mog satchel, due to the mass of people linking satchels.

Hopefully this will make things less confusing for everyone.

I've Attached a FAQ from the POL page below.
FAQ

Q If I have multiple PlayOnline IDs, will I need a different security token for each of these IDs?

A No, up to 10 PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
If you set up a security token for your Square Enix account, you will be able to use it for all of the PlayOnline IDs linked to that account.

Q Can I stop using my security token if I don't want to use it anymore?

A You can remove your Square Enix security token from your account using the Square Enix Account Management System, but once you have done so, you will never be able to use it again.

Q If I remove my Square Enix security token, will I still be able to obtain a Mog Satchel?

A Characters from PlayOnline IDs that are linked to a Square Enix account will not be able to acquire a Mog Satchel after the security token has been removed. Existing Mog Satchels will not be affected. YOUR SATCHEL WILL CONTINUE TO GROW THROUGH GOBBY BAG QUESTS EVEN IF YOU DEACTIVATE IT.

Q What do I have to do to obtain a Mog Satchel?

A Each of your characters can obtain a Mog Satchel by registering a Square Enix security token to the Square Enix account your PlayOnline IDs are linked to.

Q Can all of my characters obtain a Mog Satchel?

A All characters on a PlayOnline ID using a security token can obtain a Mog Satchel.

Q What do I do if my security token is lost or broken?

A Please contact the Information Center immediately. As soon as we have confirmed that you are the account holder, we will remove the security token settings from your account. If you have a defective token that breaks within 7 days, or your battery wears out within 3 months they will replace it free of charge.

Q Is security token usage restricted by region?

A No, security token usage is not restricted by region. However, you can only link Square Enix accounts and PlayOnline IDs that are from the same region. If you have a North American PlayOnline ID, please obtain a North American Square Enix account.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 12:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think it was confusing at all when I did it but apparently there are quite a few people that logic does not apply to.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:12:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this informative guide to those looking to get all set up for their token purchases. However, what I want to know is should I link my Square-Enix account to my POL account if I do not have my token in hand? I'd hate to link my accounts together, try to log in and be unable to only to realize I gotta wait a week or so for my token to arrive.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that was helpful Enternius. thanks for your input. i'm so glad i have such supportive people out there. give yourself a gold star.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i linked my account and have no trouble signing in. just make sure not to click the one time use password button.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-07 12:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

a noob proof guide!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:17:24

So our POL passwords gotta be saved after we've linked our SE accounts with it? That seems kinda strange. Wouldn't it be better to have triple layer security of POL password, SE account password, and one-time token password?
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess now you just get 2 layers the SE password (which cant be saved) and the optional token password.
 Ramuh.Sutaru
Server: Ramuh
user: Sutaru
By Ramuh.Sutaru 2009-04-07 12:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You get three if you put in a member password.

How many passwords do you really want to enter when you're trying to log in every day? =P
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:21:58

Are you required to have your POL password saved for automatic entry or can you have the choice to type in all 3 passwords? (POL, SE & Token)
 Unicorn.Kaski
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaski
By Unicorn.Kaski 2009-04-07 12:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This token thing has me so confused. x.x I keep thinking I'm reading everything wrong. lol Maybe someone can explain to me and my simple mind? ;3

So, do we NEED an SE account in order to order?
And, do we need to activate token to be able to receive the 80+ inventory?
And I'm also confused about the 30 second password. D: It made me think I have to use the token to get a new password for every time I wanna long on.

Please explain. I am a sad and confused little Mithra. :[
 Ramuh.Sutaru
Server: Ramuh
user: Sutaru
By Ramuh.Sutaru 2009-04-07 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You're required to have your POL password saved. If you try to set it to "Not Saved" with a Square Enix Account linked, it gives you some message that says you have to save it.

*You need a Square Enix account in order to REGISTER the token.
*You need to activate the token in order to get the +80 inventory.
**You'll get the inventory for all accounts linked to your Square Enix Account (up to ten, I currently have two).
**If you deactivate the security token, NEW MULES will not get the mog satchel, but the old ones will keep it. You can never reactivate a token once you cancel it.
*You can never unlink an Account

*You can choose not to use the token in the POL screen (Under Square Enix Account, there's a menu that says "One Time Password: Use/Do not use")
*You do have to use the token to get a password every time you log in IF you choose to use it on your account.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you are REQUIRED to save your POL password.

you don't NEED to have a SE account to order a token. yes you need to activate the token to get the satchel. Yes you have to use the new generated password every time you log in.

However, if you are sharing your account you can just activate the token/satchel then choose to not use it from the SE Account webpage and you'll still have your satchel and wont have to use the token to log in every time.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:26:55

Kaski said:
This token thing has me so confused. x.x I keep thinking I'm reading everything wrong. lol Maybe someone can explain to me and my simple mind? ;3

So, do we NEED an SE account in order to order?
And, do we need to activate token to be able to receive the 80+ inventory?
And I'm also confused about the 30 second password. D: It made me think I have to use the token to get a new password for every time I wanna long on.

Please explain. I am a sad and confused little Mithra. :[

Yes, you need a new Square-Enix account to make use of your purchased token. You can sign up for that on the link above.

When your token is shipped to you it should come with a paper showing a code used for the in-game bonus that is completely separate and unrelated to the token's passwords or registration.

After your SE account is linked with your POL account and you receive your token, push the red button to get your one-time use password and enter it in the appropriate one-time password box as you log in and ta-dah, you're safer and can now play FFXI. Oh and don't forget to register the Mog Satchel code before you play to get it.

The Fine Print
 Unicorn.Kaski
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaski
By Unicorn.Kaski 2009-04-07 12:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, thank you for clearing it up for me. ;3
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:44:04

Littledarc said:
However, if you are sharing your account you can just activate the token/satchel then choose to not use it from the SE Account webpage and you'll still have your satchel and wont have to use the token to log in every time.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by simply choosing not to use it. In order to get the satchel for your account(s) and characters you gotta have a SE account linked and your token activated right? So how can you "choose" not to use it if it's all setup already? I was pretty sure the token's use would be required after all those steps.
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-04-07 12:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I read something in there about Being able to Save Multible accounts to 1 Token you wouldn't know how this is done do you?
 Garuda.Sphynxer
user: Sphynxer
By Garuda.Sphynxer 2009-04-07 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the awesome guide! Made navigating the menu's so much more helpful.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

set it up then deactivate it. all the characters that were on the account during the setup retain their satchel, but new characters cant get them. that way you dont NEED the token if you share the account with someone else.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:50:28

Nanyo said:
I read something in there about Being able to Save Multible accounts to 1 Token you wouldn't know how this is done do you?

Well when you create your SE account, you can log in on their site and link multiple (up to 10) Playonline accounts to your Square-Enix account. That way when you get your token registered it will work for all of your linked accounts. I think...
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

to add multiple accounts to the same token just do all the said steps for the next account. (there is an option in the SE account page to add more POL ids)
 Kujata.Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-04-07 12:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

@.@ Ya, I'll Try that. Thanks Art, @.@ I was Amazed when I read that (It means I don't need a Token for my Alt!)
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 12:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, in that case maybe we should all just buy one token and then just have everyone sign up on it and everyone gets to have their own satchels!

however that seems too good to be true. i bet the in game code is one account use >.< we'll see though!
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-07 12:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As i understood it, you can choose wether to use the Token or not even if you do not unlink it. You have to confirm that at the SE Account page and dont have to unlink it if youre sick of an additional PW for some time.

Thats how i got it, if not - clear me up ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 12:58:13

Well it wouldn't make sense for people who multi-box multiple accounts to have to buy a token for each one. But I can see issues arising from those who share accounts with each other and the token holder becomes the only person able to log in unless you made a phone call to the other person who plays on your account.

Darc you mind rephrasing what you said about how to get the satchel but not having to use the token so shared accounts don't get headaches?
 Kujata.Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-04-07 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's why they made a limit of 10 Accounts per Token, Not Sure though. If they Require me to get a second token for my alt(For the Extra Space) I probably will.

I think they're confidant it won't since inorder to get onto someone elses account you either need to be there with them or Call them?

(EDIT: Wow my post looks a bit like Art's >.>)
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 13:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
As i understood it, you can choose wether to use the Token or not even if you do not unlink it. You have to confirm that at the SE Account page and dont have to unlink it if youre sick of an additional PW for some time.

Thats how i got it, if not - clear me up ^^

the thing is if you opt out of using the token you can never use it again.

To get the satchel (on one account's characters i'm assuming) you need to do all the sets for obtaining/linking a SE account. then in the SE site you can choose to deactivate (and never again use) you token. but you can keep your satchels on the characters that had it before deactivation.

FAQ

Q If I have multiple PlayOnline IDs, will I need a different security token for each of these IDs?

A No, up to 10 PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
If you set up a security token for your Square Enix account, you will be able to use it for all of the PlayOnline IDs linked to that account.

Q Can I stop using my security token if I don't want to use it anymore?

A You can remove your Square Enix security token from your account using the Square Enix Account Management System, but once you have done so, you will never be able to use it again.

Q If I remove my Square Enix security token, will I still be able to obtain a Mog Satchel?

A Characters from PlayOnline IDs that are linked to a Square Enix account will not be able to acquire a Mog Satchel after the security token has been removed. Existing Mog Satchels will not be affected.

Q What do I have to do to obtain a Mog Satchel?

A Each of your characters can obtain a Mog Satchel by registering a Square Enix security token to the Square Enix account your PlayOnline IDs are linked to.

Q Can all of my characters obtain a Mog Satchel?

A All characters on a PlayOnline ID using a security token can obtain a Mog Satchel.

Q What do I do if my security token is lost or broken?

A Please contact the Information Center immediately. As soon as we have confirmed that you are the account holder, we will remove the security token settings from your account.

Q Is security token usage restricted by region?

A No, security token usage is not restricted by region. However, you can only link Square Enix accounts and PlayOnline IDs that are from the same region. If you have a North American PlayOnline ID, please obtain a North American Square Enix account.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-07 13:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, after linking everything and setting it all up, POL is telling me my SE password is incorrect for some reason, and not letting me log on

Edit: Fixed it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 13:29:39

Okay thank you Darc, that clears up alot of questions.
Long story short:

A Square-Enix account links any (up to 10) Playonline IDs together and is required for use of the security token and Mog Satchel bonus.

All characters (and future mules assuming your token remains activated on your SE account) on linked POL accounts to your SE account will be subject to receiving Mog Satchel bonus. I am assuming when the token is mailed to you it will come with a code you can enter that will enable the bonus to be active for all linked accounts/characters with your SE account.

If you desire to not use the token anymore you can deactivate it from your SE account but it will forever remain disabled and will thus prevent any future mules/accounts from getting a Mog Satchel, but will however be kept on original characters/accounts that were previously linked to said SE account.

Also for those who share accounts; I am assuming once all POL accounts are linked with the one SE account and receive their Mog Satchel bonus, you will be required to use the token's one-time password to log into any linked accounts from your SE account, thus requiring a phone call or e-mail to your friend(s) who wish to log on your account assuming you are the token holder.

Another option is to deactivate the token from your SE account, but make sure everyone got their Mog Satchel beforehand since once deactivated it forever remain inactive and future mules for all accounts will not receive the Satchel bonus.
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2009-04-07 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for this guide. Made it very easy to breeze thru it without fumbling around for an hour.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8