Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST Equipment
BST Equipment
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love playing as my BST and I want to get it some better gear to use. I'm currently working on getting a Guichard's Axe for PDT- and need to find out if there is anything else I should change to my goal gear set.

This is it above.

I currently own the Monster Gear, the Mirke top (w/ Pet Atk./Acc.+), the Anwig Salade (w/ Haste+5/Damage T. -10%), Ferine Necklace, Ferine Mantle, Primal Belt, Rajas Ring, and Suppa.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-10 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing that sticks out to me is: Why are you using a suppa with an axe and a shield?

If you're going to use a pet pdt set, do two axes.
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no clue what earring I could use since most BST on my server use Suppa/Brutal earrings even when they use WHM or RDM subs. Plus, most of them use full AF3 gear
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 12:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal would do you way better.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-06-10 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ferine earring or the ACP earring that's got eva/acc/def etc ferine mantle is meh use atheling or the new pdt back if poss
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-10 12:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Your gear depends on your situation.

Are you trying to put together a set that you melee in?

Are you trying to put together the best set for situations where your pet is doing all the work?

Is your pet Yuly?

Is your pet the sheep?

Do you need a weaponskill set?

Without specifics, it's hard to pinpoint what you need to work on.

If you're actually melee'ing on side of your pet, that set is rather lacking in the haste department. That primal belt is really doing nothing for you. I haven't seen the 5 defense on the pet make any noticable difference, and the enmity is pointless since you can throw all of your hate on your jug anyway.
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kimble - I wish I could afford the coins D: they are 10k a pop now and I don't have that kind of money.

@Valmur - what is this ACP earring you speak of? I have a Atheling Mantle and Twilight Belt, just didn't see much use for them on BST
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Aurilius - atm, this is technically a PDT- set in a way; I am trying to put together a DD set since I got a Twilight Helm recently.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-06-10 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ivory_Key some of the added stats are not too bad
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 12:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Grimkitty57 said:
@Kimble - I wish I could afford the coins D: they are 10k a pop now and I don't have that kind of money.

@Valmur - what is this ACP earring you speak of? I have a Atheling Mantle and Twilight Belt, just didn't see much use for them on BST

I just got some for 7k but you can easily solo a lot of apollyon zones for coins.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Server: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-06-10 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya man, you can find a zone a bst can solo well for coins.

Twilight helm being for Weaponskill you're looking for Rampage stats (if i'm assuming wrong shoot me) So pieces like Twilight mail helm/body, Brutal/Centaurus Earring, Ferine +2 hands, Epona's/Rajas, Atheling Mantle, Anguinus Belt, some atk/dex/chr trousers i forget the name of that drop off a tiger NM. and Ferine+2 feet
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Grimkitty57 said:

I just got some for 7k but you can easily solo a lot of apollyon zones for coins.

I haven't thought of doing that, question would be if I canhandle it solo, lol
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 12:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaeoni said:
Ya man, you can find a zone a bst can solo well for coins.

Twilight helm being for Weaponskill you're looking for Rampage stats (if i'm assuming wrong shoot me) So pieces like Twilight mail helm/body, Brutal/Centaurus Earring, Ferine +2 hands, Epona's/Rajas, Atheling Mantle, Anguinus Belt, some atk/dex/chr trousers i forget the name of that drop off a tiger NM. and Ferine+2 feet

What would I use when I get Farsha? currently working on those trials at the moment as well.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, looks like its going to be STR and MND gear so anything with both will be good. It deals lightning damage so I assume MAB gear should work for that as well.

Twilight helm and body would still be good for that.

If you cant find something with both of those stats, generally just get a piece of gear for that slot that would have the highest STR or MND.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-06-10 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Grimkitty57 said:
What would I use when I get Farsha? currently working on those trials at the moment as well.

I'm also looking at that one day, but i haven't looked at what's needed, but, at a glance, its 40% mnd and str so twilight helm/body are staple. your set might need a few tweaks like an all out STR+ ring instead of Raja's and str+3 ring instead of centaurus I currently WS in ferine neck also(didn't mention that above i think). Things like Epona ring and brutal earring are good for both WS and TP though for sure.

Edit: like Kannagi though Id assume you can't neglect your attack and go full Agi. Especially outside abyssea... lol
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-06-10 13:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet tanking while you're engaged:

2x pdt axes and a haste/pdt auged helm.

Pet doing all the work(Under Dg latent if not then use Shepherd's Chain/Oneiros Cappa.):

2x pdt axes, haste/pdt auged helm, and body auged for pet.

Reward:

The goal here should be to reach the 50% cap then add as much mnd as possible.

General tp:

If you have dusk gloves+1 you can use those and drop perle for af+2 feet.

Rampage:

Grimkitty57 said:

What would I use when I get Farsha?
Rampage.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 13:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think elemental WSs can double attack so brutal and epona's wouldnt really be good for cloudsplitter.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-06-10 13:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I dont think elemental WSs can double attack so brutal and epona's wouldnt really be good for cloudsplitter.

Oh my bad then =/ lame -.-
By Grimkitty57 2011-06-10 13:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the same for the helm/mail. If MAB matters for it, I have some pieces from my BLM that can help with it.