Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Jug pets
Jug pets
By Washiewash 2011-06-03 22:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering, has anyone done any research on pet abilities.

What pet do you think is the best for DD, considering pet job traits and weaponskills, in or out of abyssea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-03 23:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 needle cactuar!
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-06-04 00:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dipper isnt really in the running for a DD pet. Its more of a defensive pet.

Definately not a sabo. His needles costs 3 ready points. and his hp and accuracy is bawls.

Shasra is a pretty strong DD just due to his strong hits and faster than normal atk speed.

The big mushroom is expensive but has an enhanced crit rate and can be pretty potent when ur running crit rate % atmas in abyssea.

Lulush is also a strong DD in abyssea. My foot kicks do 800-1800 in abyssea parties and 400-1k on NMs.

The sheep is also not to shabby if u alternate rage and lamb chop.
By Xilk 2011-06-07 02:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been testing pet attack and several of us have been gathering pet testing data over on ZAM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=8&mid=1298635397162868956&page=1

It does seem that Shasra is top dd. Parsing might be your quickest way to test. Broncha is up there as well, but I haven't been able to derive exact attack values. There are several pets that attack faster than Shasra. Louise has higher da rate as well as crit rate also, but still a lower dd output. Lots of good enfeebles though.

foot kick can crit. I'm pretty sure thats why you are getting such good numbers with it, but the ready moves are all about functionality, the damage comes from regular melee on pets. Haste is a real challenge for pets, but it seems we can probably get up to 9% haste from gear on pets now (augmented armada feet). I believe our best path for pet damage is to maximize multi-hit, crit hit rate and attack for our pets. I don't think it is possible to cap attack on pets for anything high level currently. it might be, but I haven't been able to do it yet in abyssea stacking all the attack+ on pet that I have. You get a big boost in pdif from criting so ofcourse RR, SS and GH are great DD options.