Food Guide: How To Properly Digest :D

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Culinarian » Food Guide: How To Properly Digest :D
Food Guide: How To Properly Digest :D
By elea7 2011-05-29 03:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings from Istory! My name is Ele Lespeera and I will be your chef this evening.

When I first started this game, I had my heart on Culinary; however, I soon noticed how much it wasn't a demand for food because no one new how food worked. You just couldnt eat food and get the benefits..there was some super secret formula o.O

Now us Culinarian's and other dedicated Crafters know about the effects of food and how wonderful it is. Yes, Culinarians from every server have done this everywhere, but I want to share this with you and keep doing so until you all know because now I shouldn't hear how "its useless" "nobody knows what to do with it"..blah blah blah...

I have tried to break it down as elementary as possible so please forgive the length if you feel its long(and I talk alot anyways sooo...)

What Is the Purpose of Food?

Food is used for boosting a variety of stats. You can use food for attribute boosts like DEX, VIT, MND, PIE,etc,etc.. or you can look for boosts of Control, Perception, Attack, HP/MP+,etc, etc...

When you use food you get +5 in what ever stat the food enhances. Yes, that doesn't sound special at all, but hold on to your silky Thor undies! I bring great news! If you use food properly, there is a bonus (Yes, a *☆BONUS☆*).

If you use food in the most proper way, you can receive up to about +7.4% of what the food enhances.

Have you ever seen someone eat something and they receive messages like "eats a ----- and finds it to be divine (delicious/tasty)"? Those are bonuses.

"Tastes divine" offers +7.4% to the stat
"Tastes delicious" offers +5.4% to the stat
"Tastes tasty" offers +3% to the stat

If you receive no message and only "well fed" means you are not receiving the bonus

How do I receive this bonus?

As you know, when you look up food on websites, you would see Optimal Rank:(rank #). Food has a favored optimal level just like equipment does. So you should pay attention to that as you SHOULD do for your equipment.

Also, to get the bonus for food, you have to utilize your points. Each raw food and dish has a favored rank, attribute, and element. You would need to apply the correct amount of points for those areas to receive the full bonus of the food you want to use.

I hear you guys already, "This means I dont have freedom for my points! D: "
Settle down, its ways to still get a bonus for your food.

What food favors what stats

DISH TYPE………………………… .STAT……ELEMENT
Meat Dish…………………………..STR…….FIRE
Stews………………………………STR…….EARTH
Soups………………………………PIE…….FIRE
Grain Dish………………………….VIT…….WIND
EggDish…………………………….VIT…….LIGHTNING
Vegetable Dish (Salad)……………….DEX…….EARTH
Vegetable Dish (Non-Salad)……………MND…….ICE
Seafood Dish (Cooked)………………..DEX…….LIGHTNING
Seafood Dish (Raw)…………………..INT…….WATER
Sweets……………………………..INT…….ICE
Drinks……………………………..MND…….WATER
Dairy………………………………PIE…….WIND

**Raw Foods**
STRENGTH - Meats
VITALITY - Grains, Mushrooms
DEXTERITY - Freshwater Fish, Saltwater Fish
INTELLIGENCE - Vegetables, Lamp Marimo
MIND - Eggs
PIETY - Fruits

The Chart

This chart shows the optimal rank for food to the left, attribute stat in the middle, and the element stat to the right (obvious)

How Do I Use that information?

Let's do an example:

"I'm rank 36, but I'm having horrible luck with control on harder synthesis. I want to have better control! What can help me???"

Tuna Miq'abob: Optimal Rank 35
Accuracy: +5
Control: +5

From the list, you saw that cooked seafood dishes favors DEX and Lightning element.

From the chart, you saw that rank 35 food favors attributes stats of 61 and element of 48.

To get "tastes divine" :

BOTH attribute AND element stats have to be+/- 5 of the optimal points.

Ex: DEX 63 Lightning 48 will give you divine
Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 52 will give you divine
Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 53 will give you divine

To get "tastes delicious" :

EITHER the attribute OR the element have be within +/- 3 of the optimal points

Ex: DEX 63 Lightning 55 will give you delicious
Ex: DEX 103 Lightning 46 will give you delicious

To get "tastes tasty" :

EITHER the attribute OR the element have to be -/+ 4-5 of the optimal points.

Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 22 will give you tasty
Ex: DEX 97 Lightning 52 will give you tasty

Its THAT simple.

Closing Time

That really is all there is to it. Many cooks know this and ive noticed other crafters know this also because Ive seen the messages they get nowadays.

I want to make sure I keep spreading the word about food effects because a Cook has to make that bread (literally!)

special thanks to all cooks/crafters who helped with all this research about food and my favorite Chef Mirale Metis!

The Menu

DISCIPLES OF WAR

DISCIPLES OF MAGIC

DISCIPLES OF THE HAND

DISCIPLES OF THE LAND
[+]
By CakeBandit 2011-05-29 08:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

nice!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-29 08:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit the one I actually commented on got deleted (thought about copying it into both threads, but didn't)..

Anyways, thanks for all the work.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-29 08:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well done.

Is there a reason you linked to Zam instead of the pages here? Is there something I missed?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-29 08:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Well done.

Is there a reason you linked to Zam instead of the pages here? Is there something I missed?
Could be the format? I dunno why, but I don't like the format of the way things are listed here. I don't use Zam though, I use YG.
By Redscare 2011-05-29 10:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Say I am a R30 Pugilist (L50 Physical) and I want to boost my attack. Looking at the chart it says Meat Miq'abob should be optimal.

However, to get the best boost I would have to have 53 STR, which is pretty low for a L50. Off the top of my head I have well over 100 points in STR. Would it be better to lower my STR to 53 or just forget the food completely?
By elea7 2011-05-29 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Well done.

elea7 said:

*special thanks to mirale metis for going through the work of linking pages for each recipe*

^ friend made a thread for food list for our LS. Instead of just making a full list, I used his.
By elea7 2011-05-29 13:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Redscare said:
Question: Say I am a R30 Pugilist (L50 Physical) and I want to boost my attack. Looking at the chart it says Meat Miq'abob should be optimal.

However, to get the best boost I would have to have 53 STR, which is pretty low for a L50. Off the top of my head I have well over 100 points in STR. Would it be better to lower my STR to 53 or just forget the food completely?

If you do not want to tamper with your attribute points, you can put your fire element around 42 and receive +5.4% bonus from the "Delicious" message.

I am a MRD myself so I understand your concern. WhenEVER I decide to go ahead and go from 49 -> 50 (because its been lingering for months lol), I'm not going to reduce my dear sweet Dexterity to 80 when it can be 100ish! So I just settle for the second best bonus. -yes I will im going to try this ...its been puzzling me..

Check out my brainstorming blogs on lodestone and tell me what yall think..
By Calemero 2011-05-29 13:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

great thread +1
By xClinkclinkx 2011-05-29 17:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/Bookmark
By Sammy 2011-05-29 20:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

thank u thank u :3
By elea7 2011-05-30 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Still testing somethings out with the LS as guinea pigs.
Seems the divine range may able to be higher that -/+3

ex; Tuna Miqabob
LS member was 65DEX - 51Lightning
He could get divine when the attribute point is at 65 (4 range gap)

Let me know if you discover something guys :)
By Aronor 2011-05-31 11:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Guide!
 Fairy.Charitey
Server: Fairy
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2011-05-31 14:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Ele for this!

I want to spread this and give you credit, I hope you don't mind, I posted it on the DoW forums:

http://dow.dreamaura.net/

I quoted this as the source and gave you credit at the top. Hope that is ok with you.

Great guide and thank you for taking the time to do this. It is a HUGE help to the community!
By elea7 2011-05-31 21:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks you guys for all of the support. No i dont mind. XD I cant take all the credit though :P My research came from others and my own testing.

I may have an update coming up soon. testing the gaps between how far you can go before the message is different.
Im documenting in my blog on lodestone and once its complete Ill revise my examples. :)

blogged and fix'd
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=190088
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-04 20:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You have Forest Miq'abob under drinks, so just wanted to make sure, it's favored element/stat would still follow non-salad vegetable dishes, right?
By elea7 2011-06-04 22:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its under drinks because it gives Magical Craftsmanship like drinks. Yes you should go by what it actually is.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-04 22:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just makin sure
By cookiesmonster 2011-06-05 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is the stat/element for base point allotment or total stat/element with equipments?
By elea7 2011-06-05 14:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

base allotment

I always see you in game and i go "Awwww coooookiiiieeees!!! NOMNOM NOM!!"
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By Arximiro 2011-07-24 05:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does all the food in the game add +5 and +5 to something or is it really +5% to each then goes up to 12.4% with max bonus? I hope each food is 5%, that would make a lot more sense since it would scale up as you level and be as useful. If I only got 5atk and hp at 50 that would be pretty useless.

Just wanting to comfirm. ^^
By elea7 2011-07-24 15:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i understand, it adds +5 but if you eat the food properly, it adds +5 and depending on the effect you chose to get from the food, a certain percentage to its potency.
By Arximiro 2011-07-24 18:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you explain that a little more? a 7.4% buff to 5 is less than 1 so still useless. I get 72 hp from a Meat kabob at R48 MRD with only the well fed message so yeah. Does that mean I'm getting 72 atk as well?

I'll be happy when they just put what it does on the food or at least let you see it in the attribs menu, this is ridiculous.
By Arximiro 2011-07-26 04:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Elea do you know how food scales? Also where is this optimal rank coming from, it isn't on the item help text.

Meat Kabob was giving me 72 HP as R48 MRD and I wasn't getting any bonus message. The item when you click it says +5atk and +5hp. Something just doesn't make any sense. Am I getting 72 attack as well? That would be pretty extreme since I only have 169atk anyway.

I know there is no easy way to test to see if you are getting the same amount of attack as HP, but I was hoping maybe you at least could explain the HP+72.

Thanks!^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Arximiro 2011-09-14 22:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Elea

I had a question. I decided to get some Walnut Bread since Knights was so expensive. So I lowered my Wind to 51 which is +/- 3 of 48 which is what the chart says it needs to be.

When I ate the bread all I got was tasty. Which was confusing since I was within the range of delicious. I lowered my wind to 48 tonight and got delicious. Is it possible to get delicious you need to be within +/- 2?

Also did you ever figure out my question about the Meat Miqabob? I'm still curious.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By elea7 2011-11-01 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Arximiro I havent been playing much >_> i got bored and started sleeping more.

There's no point in even discussing this again until after 1.21 IMO. Ive stopped studying it when I heard theyll revamp it and I figured Ill work with Culinarians on the official forums on whats changed.

I think its all messed up right now cuz they took the point allotment away and i dont think theyve actually worked on how the food would work with the points theyve granted us. So no point in going by the chart right now.

I just know that right now you can see your stats change in your attributes menu after you eat food. As far as what stats you get, I know some Culinarians on the forums are trying to figure it out, but I had my message change when I ate a HQ food (raw) after I ate the NQ version, but that was just one experiment, then I went to bed.