Malachite (Ex/Rare)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Malachite (Ex/Rare)
Malachite (Ex/Rare)
 Sylph.Lahriel
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-23 09:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for this item that drops from NM's/Goldboxes in Attowha Chasem [A]...

If you obtain in pool /t immediately I will reward the person with 100k if I obtain it.... Takes me less than 3 min to get to abyssea from anywhere in Vana'diel... I will leave ANY event I am in just to obtain this item. . .
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-23 10:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Npc for 5k, I npc'd my last one and lost several in Atto on friday. Easy item to get only thing that sucks about trying to get that item now is chest limitations in Atto if theres alot of cleaving going on.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-05-23 10:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got one by chance one day and looked up the quest to go do it, went and talked to the guy and not enough fame! Still holding onto it for the day I do the quest spamming.
 Lakshmi.Artoriusrex
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lorddraco
By Lakshmi.Artoriusrex 2011-05-23 10:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

After spending just over 4 days in Attowah just trying to farm this item for me and my ls mate, it was the only quest we had left to do for Saviour Atma, we decided to post on the forums as we didnt see one drop, one of those 4 day we actually spent 19hours in attowah none stop with capped amber etc so you can imagine the frustration. We made in excess of 20 GM calls between us to see if it had been broken in an update or something but no help was forthcoming.

Then we had a reply on the forums from a guy who said he farmed these regularly from the black mandies, and that the malachite is actually considered a junk item so capping amber is probably a bad idea. Well after being all out of any other ideas we jokingly set off to try this. We killed 4 mobs with amber kills and then just worked on azure and pearl to keep chests and time ticking over.

Then the impossible happened, only 40 mins in we got our first, 4 hours later we got our second! so i would seriously try this if you are experiencing the same luck myself and my ls mate were.

Good luck!
[+]
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-23 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Artoriusrex said:
After spending just over 4 days in Attowah just trying to farm this item for me and my ls mate, it was the only quest we had left to do for Saviour Atma, we decided to post on the forums as we didnt see one drop, one of those 4 day we actually spent 19hours in attowah none stop with capped amber etc so you can imagine the frustration. We made in excess of 20 GM calls between us to see if it had been broken in an update or something but no help was forthcoming.

Then we had a reply on the forums from a guy who said he farmed these regularly from the black mandies, and that the malachite is actually considered a junk item so capping amber is probably a bad idea. Well after being all out of any other ideas we jokingly set off to try this. We killed 4 mobs with amber kills and then just worked on azure and pearl to keep chests and time ticking over.

Then the impossible happened, only 40 mins in we got our first, 4 hours later we got our second! so i would seriously try this if you are experiencing the same luck myself and my ls mate were.

Good luck!
This is my dilemma, I will attempt to do what you have as well, then I can finally have my Savior Atma....

4 regular mobs for Amber?
 Lakshmi.Artoriusrex
By Lakshmi.Artoriusrex 2011-05-23 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah we killed that just to increase chances of gold chests dropping, we even exited after the first and repeated exactly what we did for the second and this worked as we have several members of my ls who are close to saviour and need this item, so we wanted to make sure it worked.
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-23 11:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank will try tonight me hopes
 Lakshmi.Artoriusrex
By Lakshmi.Artoriusrex 2011-05-23 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

good luck^^
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-24 07:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

NO LUCK, Spent 120m only had amber @24, will try again with a lower amber rating.
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-24 13:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Offer still stands for anyone. . .
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-24 14:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lahriel said:
NO LUCK, Spent 120m only had amber @24, will try again with a lower amber rating.
Try 40, you should still be getting small chests but you'll get them slightly more often. I'm not sure where the threshold is unfortunately, but that's worked for me.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-05-24 17:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just kill mimics there with the quest active. 4/5 on em
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-05-24 17:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Npc for 5k, I npc'd my last one and lost several in Atto on friday. Easy item to get only thing that sucks about trying to get that item now is chest limitations in Atto if theres alot of cleaving going on.

Chest Limitations?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-24 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 48 can be up at a time in any Abyssea zone.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-24 17:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lahriel said:
I will leave ANY event I am in just to obtain this item. . .

>.> This perplexes me...

but good luck on getting it regardless. (Ninja edit)
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-25 07:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

180m and still no luck, I have Amber @16 and buddy helping had amber @40, I killed about 3 mimics as well and still NO luck...
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-25 08:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Sylph.Lahriel said:
I will leave ANY event I am in just to obtain this item. . .

>.> This perplexes me...

but good luck on getting it regardless. (Ninja edit)
This means if I am @ Dynamis and you sent me a /t "Hey I ahve it come get it" I would leave to get the damn stone

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said:
Or just kill mimics there with the quest active. 4/5 on em
Know what, I don't beleive I activated the quest, it is possible to gain a higher chance of obtaining with the quest active... I know I seen them in chests before without it... but I will give it a shot tonight, I'll activate and kill 2~3 mimics...
 Sylph.Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-05-26 07:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DONE!, Atma of the Savior MINE!!!