Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna-Beaucedine Boss Qeustion
Dyna-Beaucedine Boss Qeustion
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-22 14:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So, do the dragons and such have Alliance hate still? I popped it once for fun near the end of a run and died shortly after. I assumed the dragons would proceed to hunt down the rest in the party, but they didn't. Curious if someone Flee pops and someone else grabs they eye, when the popper dies will the Dragons reset to ??? and despawn?
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
Server: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-05-22 14:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
So, do the dragons and such have Alliance hate still? I popped it once for fun near the end of a run and died shortly after. I assumed the dragons would proceed to hunt down the rest in the party, but they didn't. Curious if someone Flee pops and someone else grabs they eye, when the popper dies will the Dragons reset to ??? and despawn?

We've tried this multiple times so far. The issue with it now though is when the popper goes to try to kite the dragons and no one hits the eye (so they dont run back) the kiter gets a message that hes too far from the battlefield and the dragons run back and kill everyone.

We have yet to figure out a way to do this boss at all with 8~ people. Ir just seems impossible now.

If theres a strategy on this fight now, could someone tell me what it would be?
By douten 2011-05-22 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope it's Alliance hate. It'll go after the next people. Good thing is they'll depop if the eye dies. So have one kite around bcnm and zerg the eye.

Edit (to above) The fight is a bcnm fight now. So if you run far away enough you'll be out of the fight. Can't act on the mobs or pt (heal, etc.)
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 14:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kite the dragons around Fei'yin area.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-22 14:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the approximate distance before they'll deaggro? Like to the ramp possibly...or shorter than that? Does the Eye still warp around? Is the Eye easier than it was before?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes he warps around. Just kite in a circle around the tower/by it while rest of the party kills the eye. It's not hard
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-22 17:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you just in a large circle with the dragons you should live long enough for 7 people to kill the eye. I was able to keep my distance from them with 8% movement from the ASA pants when I popped it. The dragons despawn when the Eye dies.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-22 18:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the boss with three people: RDM BLU THF. I dual boxed the RDM and the BLU. THF pops the NM (important so THF gets hate on all mobs) after popping flee and kites the dragons. BLU takes down the eye asap. Only hard part is you have to make sure that you trigger CS as the eye warps away, otherwise you're dead. Once CS is triggered and the eye warps, kite him until CS is over with. He seems to continually cast death even if you're out of range so I was able to kite him even with gravity still on me. Overall, the kiting is actually the hardest part, but she never got hit once the time we won. Kiter should bring holy waters in case they get hit with chaos blade. Lodesong is the only other possible danger. I 2-houred after CS was over with and brought him from 25 to 8% with QC and finished him off with goblin rush. Fun fight! I have pic in case anyone doesn't think it's possible.
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-22 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea my only problem was when I got hit with curse while kiting, I was lucky to be near the party at the time and got a cursna as I waddled past. When we popped it we figured the dragons would only pop with the HQ version since the NQ boss in Bastok didn't pop with his 4 guards. As soon as I saw the dragons I just ran like hell.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-23 02:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I didn't think they'd pop either. They're 10x more nasty than the actual NM too.

The ramp is indeed the furthest you can run. Everywhere else is pretty much ok, but if you go too far on the other side there's a little alcove type thing that you can't run into either. Best bet is just to kite in a large circle and bring holy waters and antidotes. Poison breath has a long range as well and takes 50/tic. Also note that you'll need to kite for a decent amount of time due to the NM warpage and CS.