Adult "baby" Lives Off Govt. Disability

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Adult "baby" lives off govt. disability
Adult "baby" lives off govt. disability
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-19 09:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning fellow FF-ers, below is your political fodder for the day...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/17/senator-questions-benefits-to-adult-baby/

So in addition to the 2 million dollar lotto winner who's still on food stamps, we have this guy who lives off of YOUR money living the "Adult baby" fetish of a lifestyle, claiming it as a disability. Outrageous that we have yet another able-bodied individual capable of working and yet still refusing to. I wouldn't contest some abstract idea that this man is "disabled", but I don't think this is the type of disability is what we had in mind when we planned that part or social security.

Discuss...

By Zerr 2011-05-19 09:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As a citizen of the UK - lol (even though i'm sure we have our fair share of whack jobs running around)
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-05-19 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure cases like this happen more often than we like to believe. Again....if we can except the missing money in the reserve and gov paying for bonuses with our tax dollar, lets be consistant and turn a blinds eye to this too.

Point being, there are more pressing matters at hand. We know the system is flawed.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-19 09:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this political fodder? Its the extremes of a loophole and not indicative to the system as a whole. Would you cut off all aid to everyone to stop these few people? Or do you stand by good governance, close these loopholes and chalk this up to poor enforcement standards?

For every person like this, there is a horde of unfortunate hard working people that were fired for office politics or were actually injured on the job. To condemn them for this travesty is rather short sighted and knee-jerk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-05-19 09:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerr said:
As a citizen of the UK - lol (even though i'm sure we have our fair share of whack jobs running around)

As a citizen of the States - I can see why you guys dislike the majority of us. I dont blame you......sigh
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-05-19 09:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Arawn said:
Why is this political fodder? Its the extremes of a loophole and not indicative to the system as a whole. Would you cut off all aid to everyone to stop these few people? Or do you stand by good governance, close these loopholes and chalk this up to poor enforcement standards? For every person like this, there is a horde of unfortunate hard working people that were fired for office politics or were actually injured on the job. To condemn them for this travesty is rather short sighted and knee-jerk.

Good points. The bad is always reported more than the good. The vast majority of peeps recieving aid are not doing so with the mindset of "getting over" on the government.
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-05-19 09:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant watch the video, says not available in my country.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-19 09:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:
Cant watch the video, says not available in my country.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wombie
Server: Phoenix
user: Wombat
By Phoenix.Wombie 2011-05-19 10:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

From watching the video, it's clear that he's capable of behaving like an adult and working a job. Not only that, he's a fairly skilled carpenter.

The "former nurse" who takes care of him full-time also seems like she could be doing the same thing with actual children, or in a nursing home, or anything else along those lines.

It's a bummer to know that I'll never be able to collect social security because people like this having been mooching the system for years.

Also, his defense on why he should be able to keep his benefits is that he'll kill himself if they take them away. >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-05-19 10:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wombie said:
Also, his defense on why he should be able to keep his benefits is that he'll kill himself if they take them away. >.>
Maybe I'm being a little morbid and insensitive... but I fail to see how this is a bad thing. The man's condition is disgraceful, and he isn't truly "living" anyhow.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doorsmasher
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Doorsmasher 2011-05-19 10:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Govt systems really need to be reworked and revamped. Most of the system are so archaic, its such a joke to work with the old systems, nowadays. Too many ppl get off, and to many ppl get the shaft.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-05-19 10:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Doorsmasher said:
Govt systems really need to be reworked and revamped. Most of the system are so archaic, its such a joke to work with the old systems, nowadays. Too many ppl get off, and to many ppl get the shaft.
I had a person give me a GREAT saying that I believe sticks for this kind of scenario: "Its easier to create a new job than to fix one that's broken." I wonder how many jobs that are broken that the gov't hasn't fixed but merely created another branch, another cabinet or another fund to "smooth over" the broken functions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doorsmasher
By Ragnarok.Doorsmasher 2011-05-19 10:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:

I had a person give me a GREAT saying that I believe sticks for this kind of scenario: "Its easier to create a new job than to fix one that's broken." I wonder how many jobs that are broken that the gov't hasn't fixed but merely created another branch, another cabinet or another fund to "smooth over" the broken functions.

I just meant that like take for example the family laws.. I'm just pointing out, in that aspect, that of support and visitation and stuff like that. Just one part, that is still in its golden years and there hasn't been much update.

Maybe with welfare or social assistantace, they call it... Us old skoolers know it as what our parents called it "WELFARE". I mean how could 1 person win 10 million bucks, and still rec the ability to have or use food stamps or vouchers? From what I can tell, if you won that money and were still on welfare.. either you'd be caught sooner or later, and you will be paying that all back.

I'm just mentioning that the legal system is just f'ed up, is all. They have priorites, yes indeed, just not in the right place.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-19 10:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people just are lazy! That's are world.
 Ragnarok.Doorsmasher
By Ragnarok.Doorsmasher 2011-05-19 10:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I call it manipulation.

Done deal.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-19 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
“You wanna test how damn serious I am about leaving this world, screw with my check that pays for this apartment and food. Try it. See how serious I am. I don’t care,” the California man said. “I have no problem killing myself. Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag.”

I don't have an appropriate reaction to this.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-19 12:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Arawn said:
Why is this political fodder? Its the extremes of a loophole and not indicative to the system as a whole. Would you cut off all aid to everyone to stop these few people? Or do you stand by good governance, close these loopholes and chalk this up to poor enforcement standards?

For every person like this, there is a horde of unfortunate hard working people that were fired for office politics or were actually injured on the job. To condemn them for this travesty is rather short sighted and knee-jerk.

He’d rather die than lose his entitlements, notwithstanding the fact that they’re driving a crushing debt burden that threatens to destroy the country.

Of course this is political fodder, this is indicative of every person with the "I am entitled" attitude. They want their entitlements even if by getting them it breaks the system. You point to the poor-unfortunate people who you deem "really need" the assistance, but it's the whole attitude that will sink the system.

Entitlement systems are flawed by their very design, they can only work if the client base does not abuse them. Given that we are a country with people that would rather act like "adult" infants, than grow up and contribute to society, this needs to be taken into account.

When the country defaults and there is no more money for everyone to continue living the way they currently do, just please realize part of it is because we thought it was a good idea to keep sending checks to this guy.
 Sylph.Lazerous
Server: Sylph
user: Lazerus
By Sylph.Lazerous 2011-05-19 12:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny that you posted this, this was shot at my work a few weeks ago, and i've helped him a few times, he seems normal and when I watched this I was shocked to see this "project" he was working on, but yeah my town is full of tweakers and leeches who like to just collect government checks, im sure him and his "caretaker" get paid plenty to be fat and "unable to work" even though work here is impossible to come by with unemployment rate just about 25%, I been applying for a 2nd job for over a year and I haven't even got a call back on any more then a handful on the 50+ applications, im sure this is the same everywhere else too,
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-19 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

dont know if anyone remembers but years ago there was a rapper on mtv they showed pulling up to a welfare office in a limo to collect his welfare check and bragging about it though he made millions with his music.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-19 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:

He’d rather die than lose his entitlements, notwithstanding the fact that they’re driving a crushing debt burden that threatens to destroy the country.

Of course this is political fodder, this is indicative of every person with the "I am entitled" attitude. They want their entitlements even if by getting them it breaks the system. You point to the poor-unfortunate people who you deem "really need" the assistance, but it's the whole attitude that will sink the system.

Entitlement systems are flawed by their very design, they can only work if the client base does not abuse them. Given that we are a country with people that would rather act like "adult" infants, than grow up and contribute to society, this needs to be taken into account.

When the country defaults and there is no more money for everyone to continue living the way they currently do, just please realize part of it is because we thought it was a good idea to keep sending checks to this guy.

umm the country already defaulted it happened monday, its true look it up...
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-05-19 13:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of that Greece thing unless it's still going on. "We want free stuff while not paying taxes". Along those lines.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-05-19 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Phoenix.Wombie said:
Maybe I'm being a little morbid and insensitive... but I fail to see how this is a bad thing. The man's condition is disgraceful, and he isn't truly "living" anyhow.

That's rather judgmental.

His way of living is certainly different than the norm, taken to an extreme yes; but don't we all pursue a happy life and hasn't he achieved it?
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-19 13:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a parody of this on youtube and was wondering what the original was about :/

Not available here either.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-05-19 13:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it. I get to get up at 4:30am for work everyday, eat Ramen for lunch most of the time because it's all I can afford, and this piece of **** gets to sleep in a crib and have someone bottle feed him. Bring on the apocalypse, I think humanity has outgrown it's usefulness.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
Server: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-05-19 13:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever that nurse dies reality ought to punch him in the face. Regardless, he should be punched in the face for if he has the mental capability to do an interview saying,"I like to be treated like this," he needs to be working. Governments should not fund fetishes.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-19 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There are actually philosophical arguments as to why people who do work should pay people who don't work not to work...

IE why there should be a stipend for the minimum amount required to live given to every member of society.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-05-19 13:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you imagine if this catches on? Otaku's getting a Federal grant to buy Hentai. "I have a condition. I needz teh drawn boobez"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-05-19 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
If the country defaulted we would be in another depression already.

The country hit its debt ceiling and is unable to issue further bonds. The Treasury Department is currently making ends meet by borrowing against government pensions, etc. It will continue to scrounge money by redirecting from employee compensation programs and selling government property until it literally cannot pay interest on the debt anymore, which will be on August 2nd.

By then, if the debt limit is not raised, the country will declare bankruptcy. The US dollar will no longer be considered the world's default reserve currency, nor the most stable/powerful economy in the world, and likely be unable to get our credit status back for a very long time.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-19 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
If the country defaulted we would be in another depression already.

The country hit its debt ceiling and is unable to issue further bonds. The Treasury Department is currently making ends meet by borrowing against government pensions, etc. It will continue to scrounge money by redirecting from employee compensation programs and selling government property until it literally cannot pay interest on the debt anymore, which will be on August 2nd.

By then, if the debt limit is not raised, the country will declare bankruptcy. The US dollar will no longer be considered the world's default reserve currency, nor the most stable/powerful economy in the world, and likely be unable to get our credit status back for a very long time.

Wait wait.. so unless the US gets a higher debt limit by august 2nd, they'll be bankrupt?
First Page 2 3