Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth it?
Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth it?
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-16 19:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Tinnin takes maybe four days to farm if you're hardcore about it, like really hardcore. Then you have to deal with a 10% drop rate. On top of all of this, it's one of the last pieces a Hi build gets for inside of abyssea. On top of all of this +1: Not a lot of pandy wardens are done. So there aren't a lot of linkshells wanting to make money off a random drop. If they aren't selling for 8-10mil then people will eventually sell them for less.

4 days? >.> I've done it in 2 casually.
 Alexander.Mastersquall
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-05-16 20:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
So I've come to a crossroads. (Usually) every additional piece of gear we add to our sets means less and less down the road and eventually we get to a point where the upgrade just isn't worth the cost. This point is different for everyone - the most common one I've seen for ninjas is upgrading Kannagi to 90. The reason I made a 90 Kannagi wasn't because it was "worth it" - it's because I didn't want the chance of being outdone by a 95 Tobi :). The following are my WS and TP sets so you know where I am.

My TP set switches between ocelot and af+1 depending on accuracy needed, I always use Red Curry (or a lesser attack food depending on the situation), and always have haste.

Now comes the question from the title: What would you pay for hachiryu sune-ate - would you even invest in a pair? All you get out of them is four agi on Hi, that's it. If we ever get outside of abyssea, the 6 dex on Lithe might actually put it over Hachiryu and they're outdone on Ranger now aren't they? Someone is trying to sell Hachiryu for 12mil (started at 15) and even though I've been saving up for a week and a half I'm starting to have second thoughts.

I babble so the question is the title: How much would you pay for hachiryu feet?

As for how much I'd pay for the feet: probably nothing; they are only useful inside abyssea imho and its only agi+4. Something that can easily be overlooked until you can get the drop off tinnin as he is one of the easier paths to deal with.

As to you asking later about possible changes to either set: wouldnt anguinus belt be better slot for belt and wouldnt crit dmg+4% and maybe agi+ on byakkos beat out ambushers?
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 20:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
4 days? >.> I've done it in 2 casually.

You need 3 pops for the first one (1k each, 3k total), 3 pops for the second one (2.5k each, 7.5k total), and 3 pops for the third one (I actually didn't look, but aren't they minimum 6k each so 18k total). Together we're talking about 25-30k zeni and you can only trade in 10 per day so about a max of 1k per game day or hour. I guess if you're playing 14 hours a day that could work, but still boring as hell.

The only thing you could do to save time would be to use the "hq" camera and store 48 images. Imperial currency is really expensive these days and that would cost quite a bit.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 20:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Or am I missing something and if you get your pictures on 90+ mobs in abyssea do you get 200+ zeni per picture?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-16 20:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe it's minimum 1k for t1, 2k for t2, 3k for t3.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 20:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize, but I forgot about Tinnin's cost. so 1*3+2*3+3*3=18k + however much Tinnin's item costs. Something tells me it's 6k, but I was already wrong so yeah.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 21:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a pair for 8mil and now I have them. I'm willing to accept a "loss" of 2-3mil but I really think there are that many pairs out there.

*I forgot to check the bazaar function on this website and someone was just sitting around with a pair.

I also forgot I finished mkd and never got my head piece so now my setup looks like this with +4 agi, +2% crit damage and +2% ws damage. I'll find myself an anguinus belt then do some testing.

Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 21:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Mastersquall said:
As to you asking later about possible changes to either set: wouldnt anguinus belt be better slot for belt and wouldnt crit dmg+4% and maybe agi+ on byakkos beat out ambushers?

I'll grab an anguinus and test it out, but against most easy thing I'm already using zerk and RCB. Byakko's with those augments might very well beat it, but I actually never had a pair of haidate (long story) so I'd have to farm it up. I'll probably bask in the glory of my new hachi feet for a few days then find something else to do.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-16 21:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:

Wish I could have seen this post, must have been worth a laugh.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 21:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It was someone with "hachi feet wanted" for 4mil bitching and moaning that people like you are inflating items. The post was deleted before I could respond.
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-18 12:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

Wish I could have seen this post, must have been worth a laugh.
oh it was dont worry. I got my pair btw, so best of luck selling yours.
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-18 12:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
I found a pair for 8mil and now I have them. I'm willing to accept a "loss" of 2-3mil but I really think there are that many pairs out there.

*I forgot to check the bazaar function on this website and someone was just sitting around with a pair.

I also forgot I finished mkd and never got my head piece so now my setup looks like this with +4 agi, +2% crit damage and +2% ws damage. I'll find myself an anguinus belt then do some testing.

also, Drone earring? and shadow belt will always beat crudlis, not to mention conserve TP procs