Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 45 46 47
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-11-14 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valktrie/shadow helm offers refresh. Kaiser/koenig schaller offers cure potency and fast cast. It is quite possible to get your potency received capped so this and Macabre hands are welcome additions to those of us who hold hate with heals. I often go with my shell to AAs and just ask them to take it easy on heals and have little to no problem with enmity. If I do the JAs i save for such situations (as curing gets a fair amount of hate with the right set) lets me snag back when he mob turns. Never needed devotion but occasionally Chivalry. Just my two cents.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-14 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

GraverobberJ said: »
Is the Vocane ring a viable substitute for the Dark Ring in PDT/DT sets? Text in the english version is erroneously DT II - 3% but is in-fact DT - 7% according to patch notes.

For PDT and MDT yes, for BDT, MDT and BDT both count for breath damage on dark rings so you can potentially have -12% BDT for each dark ring.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-01 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For soloing 114-115 mobs for CP, which gear/sub setup is better assuming koru-moru/joachim/ulmia:

PLD/NIN dual wielding excal/xuitleato
PLD/SAM with greatsword

Also which gs is better, rag or mcbain? Also would the 2.5x proc and added rffect from excal outweigh the extra damage and DA that alluvion skirmish sword has? I have att+13 and DA+3% on mine.
 Ragnarok.Dragish
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2014-12-01 09:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
For soloing 114-115 mobs for CP, which gear/sub setup is better assuming koru-moru/joachim/ulmia:

PLD/NIN dual wielding excal/xuitleato
PLD/SAM with greatsword

Also which gs is better, rag or mcbain? Also would the 2.5x proc and added rffect from excal outweigh the extra damage and DA that alluvion skirmish sword has? I have att+13 and DA+3% on mine.

on fodder kaquljaan with oa2 is pretty OP'ed!
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-12-01 10:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
ItemSet 327473

1731 build.
With Burtgang and Karieyh ring, 1778 Atonement cap.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-03 21:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a confirmation on 6% cure potency being possible on a Kaiser Schaller from anyone? Highest I've seen is 5%.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-03 22:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Can I get a confirmation on 6% cure potency being possible on a Kaiser Schaller from anyone? Highest I've seen is 5%.
I can personally verify that it does reach 6%.
Sadly, I didn't get to keep that augment. No shield mastery. -.-;
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-04 16:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, didn't notice the HQ2. I haven't even been looking at my HQ1 and HQ2 stats since I thought if 6% was possible it'd be from an HQ3. ;_; Wonder if I've missed any so far.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-04 17:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider HQ3 to be required in any case. Since I'm not taking a Kaiser schaller that doesn't have Shield mastery+3 on it anyway. And fast cast is the assured stat on HQ, so to get cure+ and shield mastery+ it HAS to be anHQ3. -.-;
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-12-14 06:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I consider HQ3 to be required in any case. Since I'm not taking a Kaiser schaller that doesn't have Shield mastery+3 on it anyway. And fast cast is the assured stat on HQ, so to get cure+ and shield mastery+ it HAS to be anHQ3. -.-;

Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-16 11:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My divine skill is 477 i was wondering when the next tier of enlight is? Debating whether i should try to grind for paragon moufles if it will bring me up a tier.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-12-19 04:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
My divine skill is 477 i was wondering when the next tier of enlight is? Debating whether i should try to grind for paragon moufles if it will bring me up a tier.
Every 20 lvls is next tier.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-12-19 05:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Is the Vocane ring a viable substitute for the Dark Ring in PDT/DT sets? Text in the english version is erroneously DT II - 3% but is in-fact DT - 7% according to patch notes.

For PDT and MDT yes, for BDT, MDT and BDT both count for breath damage on dark rings so you can potentially have -12% BDT for each dark ring.

Since when? Breath damage is separate from Magical MDT didn't use to work for Breath damage it was just DT and BDT that worked.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-19 05:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

Since when? Breath damage is separate from Magical MDT didn't use to work for Breath damage it was just DT and BDT that worked.
I'm basically just repeating what people have said in the past about dark rings that, whether correctly or incorrectly, will have MDT value decrease breath damage as well as magic damage.

I found this discussion about it: http://www.bluegartr.com/archive/index.php/t-112460.html

Granted it's 2 years old so maybe they patched it by now but I've seen people recently suggesting that Dark Ring MDT is still granting BDT.
[+]
By ryukin182 2014-12-20 00:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning player, so all the 119 stuff is new to me. I have skimmed over the last 15 pages and I can't find an answer. I am looking at the guide and it says artifact body 119, but comparing the side by side it honestly looks like the relic 119 body is better overall. I also see a lot more people in the relic 119 over the artifact all around. I feel like I am missing something. Can anyone explain since I am obviously not smart enough?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-20 00:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well considering I don't see any Caballarius in the guide sets at all, it's a fair bet that the last time those sets were updated was pre-119 relic release.
[+]
By ryukin182 2014-12-20 00:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That... makes a lot more sense. I didn't know they came out at different times to take that into consideration, I thought they came out together and they were just better. Thanks
 Phoenix.Yocuz
Server: Phoenix
user: Irwlz
By Phoenix.Yocuz 2014-12-20 15:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i have quit ffxi and doubt i can find a screenie of my kaiser helm with 6 cure pot 2 fast cast
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-12-20 16:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

I'm basically just repeating what people have said in the past about dark rings that, whether correctly or incorrectly, will have MDT value decrease breath damage as well as magic damage.

I found this discussion about it: http://www.bluegartr.com/archive/index.php/t-112460.html

Granted it's 2 years old so maybe they patched it by now but I've seen people recently suggesting that Dark Ring MDT is still granting BDT.
I just retested Dark rings (same method as OP) and MDT aug still counts...
Also Buremte gloves with 2% mdt aug count. -5/256 is it true value.
My guess would be any augged MDT counts as BDT too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-21 08:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a savage blade set? From what I've seen since the update, it beats CDC quite comfortably.

This is my set atm, need an ifrit(+1) ring:

ItemSet 331765

just tested it out on a blanched mandragora at 1750tp:

Anymore improvements I can make to my set? I used the DPS spreadsheet which suggested Prosilo +1 would beat Windbuffet +1, is that accurate? Even with the -5% DA?
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-12-24 06:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a savage blade set? From what I've seen since the update, it beats CDC quite comfortably.

This is my set atm, need an ifrit(+1) ring:

ItemSet 331765

just tested it out on a blanched mandragora at 1750tp:

Anymore improvements I can make to my set? I used the DPS spreadsheet which suggested Prosilo +1 would beat Windbuffet +1, is that accurate? Even with the -5% DA?

This is what I've been using on random Adoulin junk.

ammo="Ginsen",
head="Otomi Helm", (STR)
neck="Light Gorget",
ear1="Moonshade Earring",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Mes. Haubergeon",
hands="Miki. Gauntlets",
ring1="Ifrit Ring +1",
ring2="Karieyh Ring",
back="Bleating Mantle",
waist="Light Belt",
legs="Scuff. Cosciales",
feet="Ejekamal Boots" (STR)
By Pantafernando 2014-12-24 06:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How is savage blade doing against cdc at 1000tp (with moonshade)?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-05 08:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, what sub do PLD use nowadays? I've been sticking to the old staple of PLD/WAR but I've been hearing of /RUN and /BLU being used.

Is /WAR obsolete now? If so is it situational on whether you use /BLU or /RUN? I'd imagine /BLU being general purpose, /RUN when you can negate a certain element such as AA MR and Avatar fights.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-05 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/war is always good. Flash+provoke=good establishing hate.
/dnc isn't bad either, extra curing, weaker provoke, acc bonus, haste samba and enlight don't play, but you can choose between the two as necessary. It's an overlooked subjob that actually gets good results.
/nin is the same as always. Used where shadows are good.
/sam for lolGS. (And cap farming DDmode.)
/blu is more magical hate shenanigans. LOTS of enmity generation and cocoon can make your defense even more stupid... And since defense is a thing now... That's good.
/run is single-element-0-magic-dmg. Things like WKR, even delve if you wanted, HTAvatars, basically anything that uses only one element. Isn't as good as when runes generated enmity... But it makes Aegis have you take 0 magic damage when used properly.

That's all the subjobs that are useful today, I think... /rdm is dead since with Ochain and the shield mechanics now, the FC isn't a boon like it used to be... Plus PLD no longer really is helped by the selfcast SS... Remember that? (Reprisal, Palisade, Ochain, and natural phalanx killed the boon that SS gave PLD.)
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-05 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/NIN is pretty good for JP farming. DW3, CDC shenanigans. GS is so weak now compared to DW+CDC. You can likely hit the same numbers with CDC that you can with Resolution, except gain TP faster with dual weild uson or excal with offhand OAT sword + Enlight.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-01-05 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/RUN is without equal for anything with a meaningful accuracy requirement. Negating the decay of Enlight's accuracy bonus is priceless
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-06 04:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
/RUN is without equal for anything with a meaningful accuracy requirement. Negating the decay of Enlight's accuracy bonus is priceless
What is it in particular that negates the delay?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-06 05:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

with runes up it procs rune dmg instead of enlight negating the decay of enlight
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-06 05:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
with runes up it procs rune dmg instead of enlight negating the decay of enlight
Cripes, I'd best get my RUN sub levelled, that sounds very useful!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-06 05:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah and make sure your enhancing set is clutch
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 45 46 47